Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

I feel like this is too far

I logged onto retail for the first time in a while, the way boosting has become so prevalent is now actually paralyzing.

Why are there like 10 people advertising for the same boost group?

https://gyazo.com/278e1b11eb35bae40d12cf7c66a8c561

Nothing better to do I guess and if they get people they make gold.

You could just leave the channels since they're pointless cesspools that have no legitimate purpose anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Saltysquidoon View Post
    Nothing better to do I guess and if they get people they make gold.

You could just leave the channels since they're pointless cesspools that have no legitimate purpose anymore.
    I intended to use trade but the amount of boosting services being advertised makes it essentially impossible.

I should get one of those addons to blacklist people cause anyone involved with boosting (whether its buying or selling) is an ape I want to avoid.

Boosters need people to advertise for them while they're doing the boosting. Most folks pay them like 5-10% for every booster they recruit for a run. Players have a massive amount of gold right now, so boosting seems to be pretty common.

And in all fairness, with the toxicity of the PUG culture in WoW, I can see how paying 200k for a heroic run to get what you want, is better than spending hours trying to kill a few bosses.

Herald of the Titans MrKnubbles's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    This doesn't happen on my server. At best, I see people posting in the group finder to sell M+ runs which really doesn't bother me.
    Check out my game, Craftsmith, on the Google Play Store!

15+ Year Old Account
    All my characters have a "No Trade" channel set up to avoid all the spam. It saddens me that so many people are ok with being a paying spectator, but hey, they get to hang out with Mythic mounts at the Great seal, so I suppose there's that.
    "Can't you see this is the last act of a desperate man?"
    "We don't care if it's the first act of Henry the Fifth, we're leaving!"

Quote Originally Posted by agentsi View Post
    Boosters need people to advertise for them while they're doing the boosting. Most folks pay them like 5-10% for every booster they recruit for a run. Players have a massive amount of gold right now, so boosting seems to be pretty common.

And in all fairness, with the toxicity of the PUG culture in WoW, I can see how paying 200k for a heroic run to get what you want, is better than spending hours trying to kill a few bosses.
    A guy in my random guild Im in, once told out happy that he made was it 250k for advertising...thats probly good gold for someone like him. I am one of those who buy boosts...probly spent like...7-10 million in BFA idk. Im an AH player so I just do that, and enjoy how easy achives, mounts are to get. For me its a more efficient way to play than pugging. I saw Jaina mount since changes also now only 400k gold, so I will probly just buy that as well before end of BFA.

Buying tokens for real money to get boosts seems dumb through, but I bet many people do it. AH play is not hard, nor should it be...everyone can do it if you want to.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

it is getting out of hand yeah. and reporting people for advertising in the wrong channels doesn't seem to do much either.

i think it's only going to get worse though, gold farming seems to be thing of the past and has been replaced by either buying tokens or selling boost paid for by tokens.

Quote Originally Posted by WaltherLeopold View Post
    I logged onto retail for the first time in a while
    Well, there's your problem

10+ Year Old Account
    Selling something in trading chat, the nerves of these guys!
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    Well, there's your problem
    isn't classic rife with boosts too?

I intended to use trade but the amount of boosting services being advertised makes it essentially impossible.
    What are you planning to do on trade? The trade channel is mostly filled with boosts, selling dungeons or raids and guild recruitment. If you're not looking for that you will just be disappointed.

I logged onto retail for the first time in a while, the way boosting has become so prevalent is now actually paralyzing.

I have your answer buddy. Download BadBoy and BadBoy_CCleaner.

type /badboy
    At the bottom of the window you'll see badboy ccleaner

with its default blocked words lol. Type in a portion of the message you want to block, or all of it. And you'll never see it in your chat again. It is better to block parts of what people are saying than to block people because they can always make a new account or have someone else say it but if you block the words themselves there's no getting around it.

I personally try and remove ALL sales ads from my chat, simply because I'm not going to buy or sell anything so I don't need to see it. So I've blocked

"w t b"
    "w t s"
    "w t t"
    "w.t.b"
    "w.t.s"
    "w.t.t"
    "wtb ["
    "wts"
    "wtt"

(without quotes) which removes a majority of the sellers from chat. Be careful with what you block though because it'll block any message containing the text, so I wouldn't block "selling" but you could block "selling heroic" "selling normal" "selling mythic". Though that's still going to block messages like "I hate all these people selling heroic carries".

Oh also there's BadBoy_Ignore to give you an infinite ignore list.
    Last edited by Drusin; 2020-06-23 at 03:32 PM.
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

There isn't anything else in chats these days.

Quote Originally Posted by Drusin View Post
    Filtering [anal] spam by default is unWoWmerican and I demand this add-on be taken down.

[anal] spam is an integral part of WoW history and I don't care what those latte-sipping lefties have to say about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Saltysquidoon View Post
    Filtering [anal] spam by default is unWoWmerican and I demand this add-on be taken down.

[anal] spam is an integral part of WoW history and I don't care what those latte-sipping lefties have to say about it.
    I block anal and Thunderfury lol.
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

Quote Originally Posted by Drusin View Post
    I block anal and Thunderfury lol.
    Do you know your grandfather died in MMOW II so you would be free to spam [anal]? Kids these days...

I feel like the M+ LFG tool should have some extra requirements on it.

Like actually being for a dungeon you have the key for.

Shit, allow the spam. Have a way to put the gold price on there if you're offering boosts, as well as a way to filter them out or just look for a boost. Clearly people are paying for them. Have the money taken from the buying player, and given to the boosters when the dungeon is completed in time. Cross realm as well. Why not.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackmist View Post
    I feel like the M+ LFG tool should have some extra requirements on it.

Like actually being for a dungeon you have the key for.

Shit, allow the spam. Have a way to put the gold price on there if you're offering boosts, as well as a way to filter them out or just look for a boost. Clearly people are paying for them. Have the money taken from the buying player, and given to the boosters when the dungeon is completed in time. Cross realm as well. Why not.
    Make a window for that and keep it out the regular window. I don't need to see sales so it would just be something I'd have to filter through. I doubt Blizz would do this though since they already put in a report advertisement feature.
    My Collection