Thread: MM Conventant

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Flayed shot all the way. I want to kite like the old days. Resonating arrow is too niche.

Id say necrolord for pvp, the extra defensive plus the dmg on the ability is pretty decent, esp if you can put it on 1 target.

Flayed shot will probably be you ST BIS for raids with the night fae ability being great for M+

TBH the kyrian resonating arrow seems pretty garbage. With the los mechanic it definitely seems to be made with pvp in mind, however it gives a bonus to crit which is reduced by 50% in pvp and is usually the worst stat for pvp. Also you cant fire the arrow LOS, so you would have to be in LOS, fire the arrow, then move out of LOS to get any benefit. Shore there will be that 1/100 scenario where you get a cool play with resonating arrow but majority of the time itll do nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Flantini View Post
    Id say necrolord for pvp, the extra defensive plus the dmg on the ability is pretty decent, esp if you can put it on 1 target.

Flayed shot will probably be you ST BIS for raids with the night fae ability being great for M+

TBH the kyrian resonating arrow seems pretty garbage. With the los mechanic it definitely seems to be made with pvp in mind, however it gives a bonus to crit which is reduced by 50% in pvp and is usually the worst stat for pvp. Also you cant fire the arrow LOS, so you would have to be in LOS, fire the arrow, then move out of LOS to get any benefit. Shore there will be that 1/100 scenario where you get a cool play with resonating arrow but majority of the time itll do nothing.
    Anyone in beta has actually tested the abilities?

Isn't Night Fae the worst ablity currently for MM, since it is based on number of abilities fired (so BM and Surv get more out if, since they spam more abilites?)

Resonating arrow crit component sounds better for M+, since crit is a good stat for AoE, and together with new Careful Aim+crit from gear, it will almost be Unnering Vision effect every 1 minute.

Also, are you sure about needing to be in LoS for it to work? From beta footage, i seem to remember that LoS simply works in a radius around the arrow pin point - meaning, if you shoot the arrow next to a wall, you will be able to LoS it inside the ring?? So if you put it next to a pillar, as long as the target is inside the AoE, but behind pillar, you can hit it.

Necrolord seems really good since it gives MM something the spec lacks severely - 2 target dmg. Shield is also good, since MM is a bit low on the def side.

Flayed Shot seems really nice to spice up the rotation.

Boy this will be a hard choice x)
    Last edited by Jamais; 2020-08-09 at 02:00 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I feel you and i love that all hunter choices will be nice. Atm im torned between night fae for visuals, venthyr and kyrian for "effectivness" as MM.

I mean, just to think about the sweet burst on the opening with Aimed shot + Double tap + kyrian ability + buffed aimed shot. That alone will give 55% crit chance to aimed shot, lol. Or the aoe burst if you put volley on the mix.

Quote Originally Posted by Flantini View Post

I'm not sure if it will be the best one for PVP, but I'd say it has a good use case. At least from my experience, I usually can get an instant off at a healer who is at a pillar. But good luck getting an aimed shot off. So I imagine with this resonating arrow, you'd just shoot that at the healer, and then use trueshot, start blasting your aimed shots etc.
    At least my experience with playing MM in arena was that killing a healer was never an option for me.

Flayed shot looks yummy as a MM hunter. Maybe you can even use the talent Dead Eye that allow Aim Shot to recharge faster.

7+ Year Old Account
    If the Kyrian potion works in all pvp facets than Kyrian will be strong for MM.

Your baseline root will be huge for resonating arrow setups. Especially when having access to the soulbind that increases damage taken as well as the crit.

I think the meta will be flayed shot at launch and as we progress down the soulbinds, Kyrian will dominate. Why? Setups may prove stronger than random procs in higher rating. Plus the heal and debuff removal from the potion is crazy. I hope it works in pvp

Quote Originally Posted by Jamais View Post
    Anyone in beta has actually tested the abilities?

Isn't Night Fae the worst ablity currently for MM, since it is based on number of abilities fired (so BM and Surv get more out if, since they spam more abilites?)

Boy this will be a hard choice x)
    That is what I have read/heard about Night fae and MM hunters. SV and BM will get a lot of it, MM not so much (not sure if bugged or intended this way).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RsinRC View Post
    If the Kyrian potion works in all pvp facets than Kyrian will be strong for MM.

Your baseline root will be huge for resonating arrow setups. Especially when having access to the soulbind that increases damage taken as well as the crit.

I think the meta will be flayed shot at launch and as we progress down the soulbinds, Kyrian will dominate. Why? Setups may prove stronger than random procs in higher rating. Plus the heal and debuff removal from the potion is crazy. I hope it works in pvp
    Remember that crits are nerfed in PvP

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by docterfreeze View Post
    Remember that crits are nerfed in PvP
    Yeppers. While crit is nerfed by 50% in pvp it there's a soulbind that increases damage done to targets inside it. This will take a bit to get a high enough level of this soulbind perk but when it does get high enough in damage taken I feel that it will cause more of an impact when trying to kill a target in a setup over flayed shot.

And while crit isn't a stat to stack for, MM's abilities hit hard enough that crit isn't necessary, yet if it does crit, 50% extra damage during a kill setup/window is welcomed. Also being able to hit a target with full burst through LoS may be incredibly useful and even practical on a 45s cd.

And this is without speaking about the perks of a 3 charge potion that has the potential to heal you for 50% of your health, that doesnt share CD with a healthstone and removes debuffs from you plus other soulbind specific perks.

Once tuning is done we'll get a better picture. I also think Flayed Shot will hit like a truck, emphasize finishing a target asap and feel fun to play.
    Last edited by RsinRC; 2020-08-11 at 01:10 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RsinRC View Post
    Yeppers. While crit is nerfed by 50% in pvp it there's a soulbind that increases damage done to targets inside it. This will take a bit to get a high enough level of this soulbind perk but when it does get high enough in damage taken I feel that it will cause more of an impact when trying to kill a target in a setup over flayed shot.

And while crit isn't a stat to stack for, MM's abilities hit hard enough that crit isn't necessary, yet if it does crit, 50% extra damage during a kill setup/window is welcomed. Also being able to hit a target with full burst through LoS may be incredibly useful and even practical on a 45s cd.

And this is without speaking about the perks of a 3 charge potion that has the potential to heal you for 50% of your health, that doesnt share CD with a healthstone and removes debuffs from you plus other soulbind specific perks.

Once tuning is done we'll get a better picture. I also think Flayed Shot will hit like a truck, emphasize finishing a target asap and feel fun to play.
    I do REALLY like the 50% max health heal and 5% vers from pelagos, but since arenas are my least favorite form of PvP I feel like resonating arrow will be almost worthless for me. Especially since MM doesn't have a stun. Keeping someone in the area solo will be super tough. Difficult choice.

To all the people who went trough the latest MM changes - focus nerfs seem severe. However, passive focus regen has been significantly buffed - 5 focus per second. This still makes a bitTrueshot problematic, but there is no need for panic.

I've gotten into beta. Early obsevations:

MM hits hard. AiS crit 1 shots most mobs. I have 25k hp, AiS HITS for 10-11k.

Kill shot is super fun. My action bars are bloated

Will post more info, hopefully with some covenants tested.

From playing on the beta (w/o soulbinds)

Kyrian: Resonating arrow is decent, you can use it to "wrap" your los around pillars, but the ability itself cannot be fired los it also has a 1 mid cd and a 10 sec duration. With crit being nerfed in pvp and the amount of movement abilities from the covenants, people move out of the arrow very fast and even if you use it on a caster at a pillar, then can get out of it and los you very quickly. You can however still channel rapid fire los so if they are moving out quick use rapid fire. On the plus side, the vial removes bleeds (flayed shot) and can counter a lot of other abilities. the Phial currently has a 1 min cd once you get out of combat.

Necrolord: Death Chakram is instant cast and deals dmg rapidly to the target (or multiple of other targets are near when its cast). You gain 3 focus each time it deals dmg and each time it deals dmg its dmg is increased by 15% 45 sec cd. If you put this on a single target, itll hit the target 7 times over about 3-5 seconds. However if when you cast it there are other targets very close to the target it will bounce between them and do basically all 7 hits in 1 second. The ability works well to cast and then cast your burst dmg. The shields is a 4 second (interruptible) channel that gives you a ramping shield up to 20% hp for 2 min, 2min cd. The shield is not dispellable. Standing near a player corpse while channeling will buff the shield to 50%hp.

Night Fae: Wild spirits, marks all targets in an area increasing dmg you deal to them by 5%, hitting a marked target with an ability calls a strike for additional minor dmg. Only the target hit takes the extra dmg. if you ST only your target will take the extra dmg. If you use an aoe ability, all targets hit will take the extra hit. However, its only active abilities you use (no trinkets) and for BM/SV Kill Command does not trigger the extra dmg because its not an ability the "hunter" is using. So for Night Fae MM might come out with similar hits as other specs. The spell lasts 15 seconds and has a 2 min cd. For comparison, the extra hit is about 450 dmg from Wild Spirits and Death Chakrams dmg starts out at about 550 and ends up over 1k. Soulshape: instantly transforms you into a fox and teleports you forward 15 yds and increases movement speed by 50% for 12 seconds, 1.5min cd. You can reactivate the ability to blink another 15 yds every 4 seconds. The blink does function like mage blink and will stop fall dmg if timed correctly. While shapeshifted, attacking will instantly cancel the ability and put it on cd including traps/disengage/deter, however as a hunter I could use exhil/hunters mark without breaking the ability.

Venthyr: Flayed Shot, 20 sec bleed on a 30 sec cd, each time it deals dmg it has a 15% chance to allow you to use kill shot regardless of hp. This is the only ability that has a focus cost, its a low cost of 10 focus. While kill shot procs seem nice, Kill shot does about 50-60% of aimed shot dmg so its great but not YYuge burst. Also it DOES reset cd of kill shot so back to back procs for spamming kill shots (you could with the dead eye talent that gives it 2 charges and it does proc the 50% aimed cd reduction from that talent). At 60 it does 3.2k dmg for SV/MM (about the unbuffed dmg of aimed shot) and 2.6k dmg for BM over the 20s duration. Something to keep in mind is that it is a bleed and would be removed by Kyrian phial. Door of shadows is an awesome 35 yd targeted teleport with a 1 min cd and a 1.5 sec (interruptible) cast. Good far blink, I can see it being useful to chase down enemys or allow us to be more aggressive with our positioning.
    Last edited by Flantini; 2020-08-14 at 04:42 AM.

Is Rapidfire now seriously going to look even more stupid now? Or did they at least reduce the projectiles and increased their individual damage?

Quote Originally Posted by KrayZ33 View Post
    Is Rapidfire now seriously going to look even more stupid now? Or did they at least reduce the projectiles and increased their individual damage?
    They reduced the number of projectiles so it doesn't look as silly as it once did. Its 7 projectiles now over the duration.

I just realized, I posted that question in the wrong thread. Thanks for answering though!
    I guess I have to see it for myself, because 7 shots still sounds like a lot for a spell that will have a cast time of around ~1,5s-ish at times.
    Last edited by KrayZ33; 2020-08-14 at 04:34 AM.