Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Personally when I see the Jailer I can't unsee the World Forger from DC.

When you look at his appearance, he seems to be also similar in appearance to a dreadlord before becoming demonic. Maybe there is an evolution here.

1. Dreadlords as we know them are the final form.
    2 The intermediate stage is what Denathrius, Lord of Dread, looks like.
    3. The *original* look of the species is what the Jailer, Lord of Death, looks like.

That just means that the Jailer is extremely ancient, then eons pass and Denathrius enters the Shadowlands, then many more eons pass and you reach today with the dreadlords.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    When you look at his appearance, he seems to be also similar in appearance to a dreadlord before becoming demonic. Maybe there is an evolution here.

3. The *original* look of the species is what the Jailer, Lord of Death, looks like.

That just means that the Jailer is extremely ancient, then eons pass and Denathrius enters the Shadowlands, then many more eons pass and you reach today with the dreadlords.
    Jailer is a dreadlord confirmed?

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AlmightyGerkin View Post
    Jailer is a dreadlord confirmed?
    No, Jaina is, as we all know

But yeah, on those pics posted above he really looks an awful lot like a dreadlord without his makeup, so to speak. Between that and Castle Nathria (Nathria => Nathrezim), it could be perfectly possible for him to be a variant of Nathrezim that we have never encountered yet. Wonder what his relationship with the Dreadlords who stole the LK regalia was like.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    No, he isn't. The Jailer was confirmed months ago by Blizzard to be an all-new character that we have not encountered before.

So you're 100% wrong on this.
    That is correct i keep telling people blizzard will simple add new villians and old ones all the time its a MMOrpg its suppose to be endless anyways there is no rule they can't keep adding them anyways.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by shoc View Post
    Personally when I see the Jailer I can't unsee the World Forger from DC.

Which looks like Argus too. Remember Argus is wearing a headdress similar to an Egyptian God of death. His scythe matches the transmog set coming along with the collector's edition. His body and proportion fits Zovaal's.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by KingConquer View Post
    You sound like the WoW content creator on YouTube named 'Pyromancer' who is absolutely convinced Argus is keenly involved with the Shadowlands and may or may not be the Jailer (or the Jailer is an extension of Argus) so I have to ask: is this Pyromancer's account on MMO-C?

All of your past threads seem to indicate a very... "vivid" imagination.
    I seldom check Pyromancer's video and tinfoil hat speculations but you may see similarities that my theories are eccentric as his.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by shoc View Post
    Something like this, I figure.

Titan's in contrast with the Dark Pantheon. Sargeras realigned himself to the other side when he embraced the force of fel/destruction.

Destruction leads to death which he is somewhat connected with "Argus" world soul and became titanesque in physicality

Quote Originally Posted by drusin View Post
    arthas

/10char
    oh yes, please!

I think it will be a completly new character.

They probably go the hades route. Benevolant in the beginning but he went angry after aeons only tending to the irredimable.

I think he and the arbiter are connected. Like they have been one being sometime in the past. But i am quite sure, that he is no character we have seen allready.
    And Argus does not make sense to me.

Also: Pyromancers videos are fun but has he been right about anything ever?

Quote Originally Posted by Saltysquidoon View Post
    It was me! DIO.
    Nope, Chuck Testa

He's whatever asspull blizzard deems him to be like always

The Jailer is a new creation, they've said it themselves.

I for 1 am glad, i don't want to go against something we already have before.

15+ Year Old Account
    Fresh realm, fresh boss. I do hope we learn some of his motivation during SL. Can't be a baddie just for the fun of it.

Quote Originally Posted by tikcol View Post
    He's whatever asspull blizzard deems him to be like always
    But having a new villain developed over a whole expansion isnt really an asspull now is it? When was the last time this happened, its usually someone we've known from the previous warcraft series or someone we've gotten to know over the course of WoW itself.
    I think its quite refreshing to have someone new be the overarching villain instead of X relevant person showing up to be the boss of a raid in .x patch of the expansion

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post

He looks like an oversized human with pointy ears. Nothing that makes him particularly similar to Nathrezim. Denathrius is basically a Nathrezim without wings. That's a fairly big difference. Even Titans are somewhat differently designed, being a bit stockier than humans.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    He looks like an oversized human with pointy ears. Nothing that makes him particularly similar to Nathrezim. Denathrius is basically a Nathrezim without wings. That's a fairly big difference. Even Titans are somewhat differently designed, being a bit stockier than humans.
    Look at Amanthul he looks humanoid pointy ears same size as Argus and Zovaal the only difference is eye color. Zovaal and Argus both got blue eyes which is the color of death magic.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by vertigo12 View Post
    Look at Amanthul he looks humanoid pointy ears same size as Argus and Zovaal the only difference is eye color. Zovaal and Argus both got blue eyes which is the color of death magic.
    you're so fixated on it being Argus that you're completely and utterly ignoring every other bit of evidence presented to you in this thread. you've ignored the fact that the Jailer was communicating with Sylvanas at the end of Wrath yet Argus died at end of Legion. you're ignoring the fact that this has been confirmed as an entirely new character, one we haven't met before. I get that you're speculating here but at least speculate based on what we already know, not speculate ignoring all facts and evidence in front of you

5+ Year Old Account
    I feel like Jailer in fact is prisoner , human form for Galakrond.

He has no boots, no shirt ,lets assume he not shy snowflake, why bother with pants?
    if he is most powerful guy at Maw and no one can force him to wear it.
    Please, there a perfect example of hypocritical thinking:
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    If Tinkers had anything to do with Hunters, but they don’t. Unlike Bards which are linked to Rogues.

10+ Year Old Account
    Blizzard: The Jailer is an all new character and one that players have not encountered before

MMO posters: omg i bet u jailr is Leotheras the Blind reincarnated

Blizzard:

Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    What is more orderly than death?
    True life and death is orderly but not in the way Argus was born in.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by cocomen2 View Post
    I feel like Jailer in fact is prisoner , human form for Galakrond.

He has no boots, no shirt ,lets assume he not shy snowflake, why bother with pants?
    if he is most powerful guy at Maw and no one can force him to wear it.
    The jailer existed before the dragons climbed out of whatever primordial muck that formed them

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by KingConquer View Post
    You sound like the WoW content creator on YouTube named 'Pyromancer' who is absolutely convinced Argus is keenly involved with the Shadowlands and may or may not be the Jailer (or the Jailer is an extension of Argus) so I have to ask: is this Pyromancer's account on MMO-C?

All of your past threads seem to indicate a very... "vivid" imagination.
    Pyro's speculations often make sense though and don't contradict what blizz explicitly says.

OT: I'm pretty certain the "undead" part of the cosmology chart is too vague to be real. I'm pretty sure the "First Ones" the Jailor talks about in the new introduction scenario are some kind of eternal beings that pre-date the pantheon but aren't as powerful in return. Same goes for his and the arbiters race of seemingly humanoid mega beings.
    WoW players are all trash? M+ leavers? Pug raid fails? You don't have stuff to do? WoW has become a solo player game for you? People don't talk anymore? Everyone's toxic? I have a simple solution, just for you!
    Get social. Join a guild.