Thread: Why WoW?

Why WoW?

Remember the three rules of Fight Club? 'We don't talk about fight club' .. WoW has those other servers we don't talk about .. Question is why do people still play on those other servers?

In a nutshell it has to do with FUN! As an example here is a clip from live with corruption in its glory:

To some people what you see in that clip is fun, to others the simple fact that is possible annihilates any possibility of fun!

And this brings me back to the topic of classic, I have a sub, actually more than one sub and play classic. I also play on those 'other servers' .. Why? I actually have fun on the other servers. They are full, raids are more fun, and PvP is a million times better. Live servers have turned into world buff addicts who do 2xmin clears and raid log. BG's are a sh*t show as they are 99.99% of the time one sided ..

Are you having fun?

Are you high?

Corruption is an unbalanced mess, raids are fun if you have the 470+ ilevel to actually get in to a decent one that doesn't disband after one wipe. BG's are non existant, you wait like 45 mins to even get in to one.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's worth noting that many of those [other servers,] especially the ones that use [a certain core] as their framework since it got shut down, use overtuned numbers (by the devs' own admission) and a lot of guesswork on mob abilities/damage, erring on the side of 'too strong' for the same reason they were intentionally overtuned in general: to keep things interesting for veteran Vanilla pserver players.

When your strats are all designed around clearing a Baron Geddon whose Living Bomb does, random number for rhetoric's sake, a fifth more damage, and a Ragnaros who hits for a thousand more HP, and these strats are widely-disseminated among players going through progress in the official Classic servers, there's going to be a significant uptick in clear times, especially as many of these strats are built around speed runs by players who are used to more mechanically-complex fights on retail in Heroic and Mythic, never mind how 1.12 itself has been picked clean and microanalysed.

For me, it's not about fast clears and getting those bracers that add 0.01 to my DPS. I like the slower gameplay loop and exploring the world before it was broken apart and the storyline became "And then everything got worse because fuck you for trying" pseudo-nihilistic dreck.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

3+ Year Old Account
    I used to be that kind of player but I pretty much weaned myself off of those servers. I now just stick to classic.

i lost intorest in retail when i lost my raid spot and my hatred for corruption got to high but with shadowlands coming in the the Autumn it looks like i will be returning soon