The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account

Lightbulb Fishing for "Karens" and the tale of Karlos Dillard

A trend has started to emerge online, namely the filming of angry women and posting it as a "Karen" moment. All of this beginning with Amy Cooper and the Central Park birdwatching incident. The incident blew up huge and made Christian Cooper momentarily famous, which on some level has spawned the trend of filming "Karens", allegedly very entitled angry women.

Thus we come to the story of Karlos Dillard who released a viral video that shows him confronting a very hysterical lady over a traffic incident, later in the film he also alleges to have been called a racial slur by her, though this is not emphasized heavily and only comes later after the dispute of the traffic incident. He did catch on camera her home address and license plate number and the video was widely shared and liked. Dillard also was quick to start selling T-shirts with quotes from the incident and some digging into his past reveals that via his Instagram and other social media he has been confronting random women claiming they mistreated him or said racial slurs to him for a while. The boys at TrueAnon podcast dug through and found that he once had a stint as an alleged Trump-supporting gay conservative before his reimagination as a BLM super activist, that and he claims to have been called racial slurs untold leagues of women. He seemingly decided to take advantage of the present moment, in which the Karen meme of women using privilege to engage in repugnant acts of racism has proven to be quite popular.

However, one has to ask, First is this fake? Karlos is fishing for an incident, looking for a viral moment. The man seems to be on a mission for clout, fame and money and has been trying to get a viral incident for ages. Plus he had T-shirts for sale quick; leading some to speculate if its staged entirely, or at least partially staged. The woman, if genuine seems pretty damn terrified and worked up; admittedly if some stranger followed me home I too would be upset and scared. But I suppose in the present moment, women must now live with it being socially acceptable for random people, including men to follow us home and aggressively confront us, film this seeming harassment and by the hero in this encounter. What does the likelihood of fakes mean? Karlos claims LOTS of women have had some incident with him and called him various racial slurs. Yet never has any proof and we have only his account to go on. How fake are these videos? Are the women all actresses in some scheme or is he stalking and harassing random women to gin up a viral video?

Which brings me to the second question, is this dangerous? We have a rather perverse set of incentives running here. Someone can gain clout, fame and maybe even money for catching these moments and getting them to go viral. Karlos illustrates that its a lucrative way to get your name out there. But you know, it is normalizing, even providing an incentive for say women to expect to be followed, harassed, filmed and possibly subject to a twitter born mob to come after them from everything like a typical Cancel Culture mob to SWATTING, and these viral clips, we don't have any actual evidence of these incidences, we just see a confrontation and an account of what happened from the person releasing the footage. Karlos alleges lots of women have to say called him the n-word and he has filmed a dozen of his confrontations after the fact, yet never has a film of the incident, he is ready to film a confrontation but seems to never be ready to catch any proof of WHY he is doing this. I see this becoming a trend that leads to someone somewhere getting killed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

I'm not sure this is an issue though?

Read in a light most favourable to you this Karlos Dillard is merely using bad faith 'evidence' to get his 15 minutes of fame and make a quick buck. All that makes him is human sludge and a dickhead. I don't think that really impeaches the 'karen' phenomenon at all.

As to the second limb of your argument, I think your pearl-clutching is a bit premature. All you've shown is a grifter making a quick buck off a meme. I don't think you've shown evidence of roving gangs of minorities terrorising middle-class women on a large scale or that those women have a legitimate need to moderate their behaviour to avoid such a fate.

The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Saltysquidoon View Post
    I'm not sure this is an issue though?

Read in a light most favourable to you this Karlos Dillard is merely using bad faith 'evidence' to get his 15 minutes of fame and make a quick buck. All that makes him is human sludge and a dickhead. I don't think that really impeaches the 'karen' phenomenon at all.

As to the second limb of your argument, I think your pearl-clutching is a bit premature. All you've shown is a grifter making a quick buck off a meme. I don't think you've shown evidence of roving gangs of minorities terrorising middle-class women on a large scale or that those women have a legitimate need to moderate their behaviour to avoid such a fate.
    Further reading, there was the very recent Lake Orion Confrontation, in which a woman and her teen daughter confronted a pregnant lady and her husband over some unknown and unspecified incident in a Chipotle which ultimately led to a gun being drawn by the pregnant woman on the mom and her daughter after a long confrontation and the first lady refusing to leave the other couple alone.

The fact that they have the balls to put this up just speaks volumes. The confronted couple stay pretty calm for most of the video and clearly trying to deescalate the situation. The video shows the instigating woman standing behind the car as it's trying to leave that woman claiming they are trying to hit her. Even after the pregnant woman pulls a gun she backs up trying to put space between herself and the others, clearly just trying to get away from the encounter.

While this longer form video was released after, initially only a short clip of the confrontation was released by the instigating mom and teenager that also went viral and at this moment led to the arrest and charging of the pregnant lady and her husband, and the husband being fired. While I suspect the longer video is enough to vindicate the pregnant lady and her husband of wrongdoing, he still lost his job and they did get arrested. Plus a gun was drawn and moreover the instigating lady was harassing them pretty intensely even behind their car preventing them from leaving and claiming to be ran over. Plus a gun was drawn, so we aren't far from someone being dead.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    It's gaslighting, plain and simple. The media is doing it too. There's a story going around, some stupid white woman got into an argument with two black women outside of a Chipotle in Michigan and pulled a pistol on them. Of course the media likes to fuel the race war by only showing a small section of the video, rather than the whole thing, effectively gaslighting the woman and trying to paint her as a racist (I'm sure she is if she felt the need to pull a gun on someone over an argument), while not providing the full context that lead to her pulling out the gun.

5+ Year Old Account
    With everything going on, we don't need a Karen thread too. It fishes too close to multiple forbidden topics. This closed.
    Moderator of the General Off-Topic, Politics, Lore, and RP Forums
    "If you have any concerns, let me know via PM. I'll do my best to assist you."