Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Im probably the biggest hater of "timegates" on planet earth.
    Why is that...and why am i mad.

Because i FEEL like Blizzard is not being 100% honest when it comes to the timegates.

A timegate is supposed to be used for the well being of the game.
    To prevent injustice
    To prevent unhealthy behaviour
    etc

But i FEEL like is being used..just to make people play longer.

-----

When it coms to borrowed powers...i hate this argument and think it makes no sense.
    Only makes sense if Blizzard somehow ADDS borrowed powers a couple months away from the next expansion.

Most of the time we spend 1-2 years with borrowed powers and thats a big ass time.
    Please value your real life time...and stop saying 1 year of your life means "nothing"

Quote Originally Posted by Sunslayer View Post
    Oh, I agree. That's why I'm here tbh. I'm still on the fence. But, I know myself and if I've reached this stage I'm gonna jump in. Atm, just planning on leveling my peeps and maybe level some different races (some of the new customizations look sick) and get the Arathi plate set armor for my Pally. I don't think I need much gear for Arathi Warfront since it was 8.0.
    In Legion you could get your legendaries for whatever class / spec you wanted to play really easily in the last months. I am hoping they greatly reduce the echo cost of everything soon ... especially since corruptions get deleted with prepatch anyway.

I don't mind time gated content. It gives me a point that says "I'm done for the day" im going to go farm old content, run some dungeons, do some PvP, or even play another game". I think the solution to "borrowed power would be a progression system that carry on through more than one expansion. The legion artifact even with its flaws was so good, and I am sure Dev's spent endless hours tuning and creating that system that ALL specs enjoyed. It's such a shame to not only not carry the system forward, but completely delete it. (obviously due to class changes)

Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    But i FEEL like is being used..just to make people play longer.
    They have said why they do it. You don't need to feel.

#1. They want a story to unfold globally or server-wide, such as the gates of AQ.

#2. They need to protect players from themselves. If there are no gates, players destroy themselves and complain about how they had to do such and such.

They make a game. If people enjoy the game they will play it and stay subscribed. With all MMO's there will always be a tough balance between having too little to do and too much to do. The basic idea of the MMO is to have things to do that feel meaningful without being overwhelming. No conspiracy theories are required.

Quote Originally Posted by music49 View Post
    I don't mind time gated content. It gives me a point that says "I'm done for the day" im going to go farm old content, run some dungeons, do some PvP, or even play another game". I think the solution to "borrowed power would be a progression system that carry on through more than one expansion. The legion artifact even with its flaws was so good, and I am sure Dev's spent endless hours tuning and creating that system that ALL specs enjoyed. It's such a shame to not only not carry the system forward, but completely delete it. (obviously due to class changes)
    imagine the difficulty of balancing classes if borrowed power wasnt borrowed. the alternative to borrowed power is very little power gain at all.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trend View Post
    #2. They need to protect players from themselves. If there are no gates, players destroy themselves and complain about how they had to do such and such.
    Pretty sure that one ain't working out how they intended.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

#1. They want a story to unfold globally or server-wide, such as the gates of AQ.

They make a game. If people enjoy the game they will play it and stay subscribed. With all MMO's there will always be a tough balance between having too little to do and too much to do. The basic idea of the MMO is to have things to do that feel meaningful without being overwhelming. No conspiracy theories are required.
    I think this argument is bad (no offense)
    We are not monkeys or Blizzard's laboratory rats.

Do you need your mom to tell you to stop eating food before your stomach explodes?
    Maybe when we are young...but we are grown ass man/woman.

And careful with that "conspiracy theory" word usage.
    Is not a conspiracy videogame companies want your money. Any grown man who pays attention knows this...
    Last edited by Big Thanks; 2020-07-14 at 09:47 PM.

I think this argument is ludicrous and naive (no offense)
    We are not monkeys or Blizzard's laboratory rats.

Do you need your mom to tell you to stop eating food before your stomach explodes?
    Maybe when we are young...but we are grown ass man/woman.

And careful with that "conspiracy theory" word usage.
    Is not a conspiracy videogame companies want your money. Any grown man who pays attention knows this...
    You can agree or not agree, but that's why they do it and that is not some secret. You can design your game however you want.

Your conspiracy theory does not make sense, which is typical of conspiracy theories. They want people to buy expansions and pay for subscriptions. Makes no sense and provides value to Blizzard to have people play more hours just to play more hours because of the meme conspiracy theory around MAU's. Most people who enjoy the MAU conspiracy don't even know what an MAU is. Do you? Do you understand that playing 100 hours is the same as playing 1 hour in the month? You can believe whatever you want, but it is not very complicated. If WoW is a good/great game people will pay for it. If people do not enjoy it, they will not pay for it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Schattenlied View Post
    Pretty sure that one ain't working out how they intended.
    There is no way to measure the unknown.

You can agree or not agree, but that's why they do it and that is not some secret. You can design your game however you want.

Your conspiracy theory does not make sense, which is typical of conspiracy theories. They want people to buy expansions and pay for subscriptions. Makes no sense and provides value to Blizzard to have people play more hours just to play more hours because of the meme conspiracy theory around MAU's. Most people who enjoy the MAU conspiracy don't even know what an MAU is. Do you? Do you understand that playing 100 hours is the same as playing 1 hour in the month? You can believe whatever you want, but it is not very complicated. If WoW is a good/great game people will pay for it. If people do not enjoy it, they will not pay for it.
    So in your opinion there are ZERO timegates in the game to extend your sub.
    Ok man, if you truly believe that, good for you.
    And in your opinion videogame companies have never done anything dishonest in their life.
    Looks at EA (Eletronic Arts)...

So in your opinion there are ZERO timegates in the game to extend your sub.
    And in your opinion videogame companies have never done anything dishonest in their life.
    Looks at EA (Eletronic Arts)...
    You want to try to talk about everything at once or can we pick one topic at a time? I mean I could do the same ... here we go:

So in your opinion there are ZERO aspects in the game that were put in just because they honestly thought it was better for the game?
    And in your opinion armchair developers have never unreasonably assigned nefarious ulterior motives to game developers in their life?

Ultimately, whether you should come back is up to what you want out of the game. R15 cloak isn't that hard; I got it in three weeks on a casual alt; it's even easier if you can get carried through the 4 page ranks in the middle. The Azerite Essences will differ based on your class/spec/adherence to cookie-cutter builds, but some are easy to get Rank 3 on, and others will take a few weeks. If you're serious about gearing, I think you can have most of what you want in a month, which isn't too bad, IMO. And again, that's if you want to run Mythic raids or Mythic15+ dungeons. RatedPvP may be worse; I only did rated content for C&SR3 and then stopped. If you get enjoyment from just experiencing the content, not pushing the hardest content the game has to offer, then I'd recommend trying it out. If you want to do the hardest content and aren't up for that long of a gearing process, then skip this expansion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by A Chozo View Post
    You will not like how time-gated Torghast legendary stuffs and Covenant progress is. After all, the devs who made Battle for Azeroth are the ones working on Shadowlands.

Stay away from World of Warcraft.
    And yet with that mindset you seem to be here on a World of Warcraft topiced forum post, talking about it. Failure of taking your own advice, talking out your ass, or just straight up trolling, either way, it's sinful as shit

Awesome Sig/Avatar by the lovely Rivellana

Quote Originally Posted by Frinata View Post
    And yet with that mindset you seem to be here on a World of Warcraft topiced forum post, talking about it. Failure of taking your own advice, talking out your ass, or just straight up trolling, either way, it's sinful as shit
    That a really tired and useless criticism. If a forum got rid of everyone who complained, it would just be an echo chamber of cheerleaders with zero value to anyone. The people who outright quit the game are sometimes the most valued critics.

You want to try to talk about everything at once or can we pick one topic at a time? I mean I could do the same ... here we go:

So in your opinion there are ZERO aspects in the game that were put in just because they honestly thought it was better for the game?
    And in your opinion armchair developers have never unreasonably assigned nefarious ulterior motives to game developers in their life?
    Ok then we can go back to topic.

You said "players will destroy themselves if there are no gates"
    Which i think is a complete bad argument...which can literally be used on anything

I can play random battlegrounds while i chug alcohol until i pass out and die. Should Blizzard implement a timegate to random BGs?
    I can do pet battles on my PC for a week straight until i start having illusions and hallucinations from lack of sleep. Timegate pet battles?
    I can use a pencil to commit a crime IRL. Should we ban pencils?

I think is funny to believe every single timegate blizzard implemetns is for the greater good of the game.
    opinions, opinions.
    This is my opinion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Die View Post
    That a really tired and useless criticism. If a forum got rid of everyone who complained, it would just be an echo chamber of cheerleaders with zero value to anyone. The people who outright quit the game are sometimes the most valued critics.
    I'm not saying that everyone should just be yes-men. I've had criticisms of the game, or other various topics that have been posted here as well. What I don't do, is go into the FFXIV Thread, or other various topics, and dispense my outdated comments on them, as I don't currently play the game anymore. My words on the game aren't valid, and I'm not about to pretend like they are. What I didn't like about the game is for the most part, insanely anecdotal and personal, and doesn't factor in to what another should look for.

The point is, if you don't have up to date, valid criticisms to provide, ala checking it out yourself every so often, your criticisms can't be stewed in a place of fact. A chozo, the person I had replied to, made a criticism of WoW as a whole, which includes Shadowlands, and either has never been on the Alpha build (Most likely), or has been, but is opting to judge an unfinished product. Where in either scenario is that a valid and justified criticism that should be heralded as valid?

If you quit the game, that's fine. If why you quit the game is still in the game, that's fine as well, feel free to share it. But if why you quit the game is either extremely personal and unreplicatable, or otherwise no longer in the game or it's future (Shadowlands), then perhaps it's time to either give the game another try, or to just stop hanging around something you quite clearly are determined to dislike

Awesome Sig/Avatar by the lovely Rivellana

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Frinata View Post
    And yet with that mindset you seem to be here on a World of Warcraft topiced forum post, talking about it.
    Where in my post is it even implied that I dislike my examples?

I can't wait for Shadowlands, which is why I'm here in a fan site discussing it.

In Legion you could get your legendaries for whatever class / spec you wanted to play really easily in the last months. I am hoping they greatly reduce the echo cost of everything soon ... especially since corruptions get deleted with prepatch anyway.

Depending on your spec you didn't really need Legendaries. I raided Heroic Argus with crap or even 1 Legendary on my tanks. I realize that Tanking is a lot different than DPS. And a fresh alt could max out the Artifact weapon with one AP token from a WQ (not concordance tho).

I came back a few weeks ago to play some arenas with some buddies who have been consistently playing most of the xpac and it is definitely a frustrating experience.

I won't repeat what has been said in this thread but something else I would like to add is:

- I wish that they would do away with these "borrowed powers" in Shadowlands. I have not played it so can't comment on how it works, but from the outset it looks like Torghast and Covenants are going to be just as grindy and boring as the shit we have seen in the last two expansions. I hope I'm wrong.
    - I am glad that gear is just going to be gear again, and that vendors are coming back for PvP gear. I've wanted to see better PvE/PvP gear separation for a while now.
    - I wish Blizzard would decrease the power gap between each patch cycle. There is no need for gear to be 45-60 ilvls higher at the top end than the previous tier. I get why they need to do it with the way stats have spun out of control, but hopefully with the stat squish they recognise this. It would be nice to be able to come back to the game after 6 months off and join arena/m+ and be within 10-15% of players in current tier gear. This way, you can still compete to a certain reasonable level.

Quote Originally Posted by dcc626 View Post
    imagine the difficulty of balancing classes if borrowed power wasn't borrowed. the alternative to borrowed power is very little power gain at all.
    True, but I'd rather a ton of small power gains instead of a few extremely super powerful upgrades

Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    That's nice of you to choose how other people should play the game for them. Got any other opinions you want to pretend are undeniable truths?
    my first thought is that you need to spend some time with a dictionary and learn the definition of minimum.

Then I would suggest you go look up the definition of "try-hard"
    Till water is gone, Till shade is gone. Into the shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath. To spit in Sightblinders eye on the last day.