Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Imagine being a PvP designer in a meeting while planning the 8.3 patch and you say, "I don't think corruptions should be active in PvP -- it will screw up balance badly, and anyway it's really a detraction from the skill of using your abilities the right way and playing your class to its full potential when a huge portion of a player's damage will come from corruption effects and random procs that don't happen at a controlled time".

And then you get overruled by someone of a higher pay grade who pays zero attention to PvP because "corruptions are a core feature of the patch we shouldn't disable them in any content"
    Subtlety Rogue was an amazing, incredible, unique, and fun spec prior to Legion and BfA

“All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others.”

― Douglas Adams

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Did afew arenas with a dh who had similar level of infinity stars, guy would instantly global 2-3 of the other guys and then just basically Implode from the corruption. Hell im myself am making an infinite sets for shits/giggles on my priest

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerovar View Post
    Small indie company btw.

On a more serious note, shit like this is the reason why no one plays PvP anymore.
    I mean this guy is not the usual pvp'er or wow player at all to be honest so it's a bit much to say that this is the norm

Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    I mean this guy is not the usual pvp'er or wow player at all to be honest so it's a bit much to say that this is the norm
    This has literally no bearing on what I said. It's about RNG trumping skill to an increasingly ridiculous degree. Sure, most players might not go for the one shot 27x infinite stars build but it has an increasingly overbearing effect on gameplay and it takes away from everything that used to make PvP fun.

this game is absolute garbage right now

can you imagine if this stuff came out at initial release? It never would have made it. This team is literally squandering the good faith built over a decade by the founders.

Quote Originally Posted by slime View Post
    Anyone know if TD on a tank works almost as good? Or is IF just hands down much better.
    TD does not have range, as it procs of from you and thus can easily miss, while IS does not have this problem. But yes, tank TD's will hit harder in different circumstances.
    There are tank only raids with TD's and the 3% health essences, the bosses die before tanks start dying.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    Take that haters.
    IF IM STUPID, so is Donald Trump.

Quote Originally Posted by Playintrafic View Post
    If you aren't tapping that node, its not yours. Quit crying about it. Every class has some way to deal with mobs so they can go tap a quest item node then fight the mob.
    I mean, whatever helps you sleep at night haha. Sure, there's no rule specifically preventing you from pulling shit like this, but we both know it's obviously a bit sly.

the state of the game reminds me of some p2w korean rpg games arena function for smartphones.
    i am glad i got my rank 3 essence earlier and never need to deal with this shit anymore.

wtf happened to retail LMAO

Quote Originally Posted by Ludvig View Post
    wtf happened to retail LMAO
    in classic you still have OP items just like that trinket where a lvl 40 almost one shots a max lvl player or gear that lets you 2-3 shot ppl, blizz should give PvP a seperate section where the player sets the stats they want so in PvP its all equal but when you want to do PvE then you get the full power of the items.
    STAR-J4R9-YYK4 use this for 5000 credits in star citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post
    Remember when the top PvE dps spec didn't have to do PvP for their BiS trinket? Remember when Gladiator players didn't have to beg raiding guilds for mythic kills because their PvP BiS gear is from raid? Those were the days.
    Yeah only because mythic didn't exist in BC/Wrath. but please, don't act like PVP'ers haven't been coming to raids for trinkets for over 10 years now.

Don't even try to say otherwise.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    It's the between expansion lull fellas, no need to panic about silly things being done.

I mean - I've even got my ARCANE mage to the point where he can't run out of mana thanks to massive mastery stacking - just for fun

I think I'll be able to get to around 250k mana and still be under 20 corruption soon.
    Slightly off topic, how is Arcane? I have been a melee (mostly Prot/Ret Paladin, Outlaw Rogue and Enh Shaman) since about TBC and am looking for something new. Arcane seems to be the most interesting Mage spec to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Allinna View Post
    Slightly off topic, how is Arcane?
    At this stage - it could be good, but I can't work out a great combination of gear/corruption - so I'm doing really badly in the post corruption world.

I play Arcane because I find it fun, but it is really complicated to get right. If you want to do ranged easy - go hunter

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

Broken game.... I prefer WoW Classic...

Quote Originally Posted by Gnome13 View Post
    Broken game.... I prefer WoW Classic...
    The version of the game with literally zero balance and if you don't play certain classes and specs you might as well not even play? ok then, whatever boats your float.

Corruption is such a great addition to the game!

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    Blizzard: heavily investing in eSports with OW League

Also Blizzard: PvE power creep and corruption in arena, what could go wrong?

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    See that'd be fun in a duel and maybe a skirmish but rated pvp? Nah, that's just sad to watch them exploit the prot palas toolset to pull this off at such ranks.

DLC never disappoints, lmao.
    If you knew the candle was fire then the meal was cooked a long time ago.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by shoegazing View Post
    Imagine being a PvP designer in a meeting while planning the 8.3 patch and you say, "I don't think corruptions should be active in PvP -- it will screw up balance badly, and anyway it's really a detraction from the skill of using your abilities the right way and playing your class to its full potential when a huge portion of a player's damage will come from corruption effects and random procs that don't happen at a controlled time".

And then you get overruled by someone of a higher pay grade who pays zero attention to PvP because "corruptions are a core feature of the patch we shouldn't disable them in any content"
    I can totally see that happening.
    We're all newbs, some are just more newbier than others.

Just a burned out hardcore raider turned casual.
    I'm tired. So very tired. Can I just lay my head on your lap and fall asleep?
    #TeamFuckEverything

Quote Originally Posted by LuckyOne View Post
    Why i can't take WoW's PvP scene/community serious in a nutshell.

Kind of comical since overwatch and sc2 are fine..
    Because Overwatch is designed from the ground up as a PvP game, and Stracraft's campaigns are clearly designed as the fun, goofing around mode where the player is given OP shit and a series of excuses to use it on the AI. It's challenging at times, but the meat and potatoes of the game is Versus, and now Co-op to a lesser extent, and the campaign-only stuff has absolutely 0 effect on that.

WoW is a hodgepodge of game modes and design priorities that conflict with each other yet must share the same basic rules, somehow. And generally Blizzard prioritizes PvE before PvP when it comes to content, design and balance. So of course serious PvP in this game is a joke and depends far more on cheese and flavor of the month than anything else. Skilled players are still able to shine of course, but then you have shit like this happen.