Page 1 of 8
... LastLast

Purging and dispelling world buffs

Hi,
    So on my server (mograine- eu) the horde seem to have nothing better to do then to just gather up and dispell alliance in places where people get world buff or on their way to raids (note: not even killing). Example - near songflower, dmf, Brm, dm and even inside mage tower in sw. we don’t commit so much to world buffs so we don’t care that much but can’t seem to understand why to do this? Is there such lack of things to do in classic so that you don’t even world pvp and kill but only dispel / purge? I’m just laughing about the people that do these things for no reason or Benefit for them, just pure waste of time

Same thing on other servers?

Quote Originally Posted by Ems1 View Post
    Hi,
    So on my server (mograine- eu) the horde seem to have nothing better to do then to just gather up and dispell alliance in places where people get world buff or on their way to raids (note: not even killing). Example - near songflower, dmf, Brm, dm and even inside mage tower in sw. we don’t commit so much to world buffs so we don’t care that much but can’t seem to understand why to do this? Is there such lack of things to do in classic so that you don’t even world pvp and kill but only dispel / purge? I’m just laughing about the people that do these things for no reason or Benefit for them, just pure waste of time

It's not a waste of time if they enjoy doing it. No more than wpvp, RP, raiding, or wow in general for that matter.

The exact same things goes on on my server aswell, I'm not sure how many hordes are doing it as I'm horde myself but allies are definately doing it widespread. During peak hours there's pretty much always 1-3 priests in Bloodvenom Post in Felwood, 1 priest in Kargath & 1 priest in Org where people arrive with mage portals spam dispelling. It's mainly done by one or 2 large wpvp guilds, probably trying to get their name out there as a menace.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zamiel View Post
    Simple question what healer gives you personally the biggest headache in pvp?
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobajobjob View Post
    I play a ret paladin, so my answer is this:

Yes.

When i played Classic, raid reset day (aka raiding day) was always an event at raid entrances.

Im talking ambushes like in movies
    Entire raids on corners waiting to attack others
    Dispellers
    Positional warfare and cheap tactics using terrain to your advantage
    Kill or be killed

It's not a waste of time as long as there's people like you around that end up making threads about such trivial stuff on some forum

Hi,

Feels shitty^^

But thats how it is. The other side is the enemy. So i try to make their life as impossible as i can.

What i don't like to do is camping lowbies while they are leveling. That just destroys the game for them.
    Loosing a buff is just an inconvenience.

Hi,

I made a priest after getting my character dispelled by the same couple of allys, every week in Kargath.

The tipping point was when I had to log out more than a day in advance to get my wbuffs intact, only to get dispelled twice on the same day.

Now, I am just giving it back to the ally on Mograine EU.

Quote Originally Posted by WaltherLeopold View Post
    Now, I am just giving it back to the ally on Mograine EU.
    And the cycle begins anew. Good job preventing this from stopping.

Quote Originally Posted by Segus1992 View Post
    And the cycle begins anew. Good job preventing this from stopping.
    I'm not actually complaining, its a part of the game. The op and thread made it seem like its an ally issue only though.

I highlighted how it was the ally that drove me to do magebombs and dispells on ally raids

It is a pvp server, you should get your world buffs dispelled. You should also get killed on your way into the mountain. Also, the point about lowbies getting a free pass, that's not how it should be. If it's red, it's dead. It's the big boi pvp server after all. You chose this willingly, it's a dog eat dog world, survival of the fittest, man up if you get beaten down.

That's why I play on a pve server.

That is how the game works.
    Some people enjoy raids, PvP or farming gold and other have fun griefing others.
    It is very common on my server and thats why we always run as whole raid to BRM and alot of people in guild got charaters just to scout enemy dispelers.

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tikcol View Post
    It's not a waste of time as long as there's people like you around that end up making threads about such trivial stuff on some forum
    This is what makes world PVP worthwhile.
    Paladin Bash has spoken.

Quote Originally Posted by tikcol View Post
    Lol, i don’t care, just questioning the purpose since it doesn’t award anything at all. I mean, I don’t complain when killed or anything since that’s a thing when you’re on a pvp server.

Also I’ve never experienced this (coordinated dispelling) anytime while playing wow before, been playing since 2004.
    Last edited by Ems1; 2020-05-06 at 10:10 AM.

Welcome to the lauded world of PvP.
    A witty saying proves nothing.
    -Voltaire
    winning
    plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose

Lol, i don’t care, just questioning the purpose since it doesn’t award anything at all. I mean, I don’t complain when killed or anything since that’s a thing when you’re on a pvp server.

Also I’ve never experienced this (coordinated dispelling) anytime while playing wow before, been playing since 2004.
    You made a thread complaining about it... thats why they do it. It hurt you enough emotionally to come on here and waaaaaaaaaaaaaah. They won the second you logged in to mmoc. I'd be laughing my ass off if i knew that people i troll came here to moan.

10+ Year Old Account
    Lighthalzen, the City-State of Prosperity
    This is hilarious

10+ Year Old Account
    Reading threads like these makes me really feel like I dodged a bullet back in the day, starting on a PVE server without thinking much of the choice at all.
    Looking marvelous in velvet.

Quote Originally Posted by Caerrona View Post
    You made a thread complaining about it... thats why they do it. It hurt you enough emotionally to come on here and waaaaaaaaaaaaaah. They won the second you logged in to mmoc. I'd be laughing my ass off if i knew that people i troll came here to moan.
    Haha think what u want, was just curious since I never experienced it before and to see if this is common on all servers.

Hi,

either find a way around it, or move to a pve server its pretty brutal on Argual the highest population PVP oceanic.. 60-70% horde.
    Dragonflight Nerfs vs fun again show a Blizzard that hasn't learnt a lesson, Actions speak louder than words afterall watch what they do and do not do.

this will be some nice trolling when naxx opens up where world buffs will be actually a nice thing to have. Preparing for a boss and getting dispelled before you can enter This is even better than having Taurens mount up and stand on the portal in Nazjatar so allys can't run away from being massacred