Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    Someone just above claimed adding the barbershop would be a massive change, do you agree?
    Nah, not a massive one, it wouldn't really impact that much. Wouldn't say it's as minor as the changes OP referred to though.

These "changes" are simply an insult towards Alliance players.

Let me give you a rundown of what happened:
    1. There are 5-10 times more players Qing for BGs on the Horde side than Alliance, which means wait times on Alliance are non-existant, which creates an environment that is EXTREMELY friendly towards AFK leechers, botters and people who will generally just give up the second anything goes wrong, because getting into the next BG takes no time at all. Basically, there is no cost to giving up on the Alliance side with zero wait times, while Horde has invested anything from 30 to 120 minutes just to get into the BG.
    2. Alliance players intending to play the BG "seriously" realised that and formed premades. Which was not an "exploit" exclusive to the Allance. It worked for any faction that was outnumbered by a cosmic margin. They did this to filter out AFKers, Leechers, Bots and Defeatists. While this worked, win-rates were close to 50:50.
    3. Horde complained, since they receive ALL OF THESE advantages automatically thanks to their wait-time-filter. They did not want the Alliance to also have access to it.
    4. Blizzard intervened and killed AV premades, which made it impossible for the Alliance to get an even remotely equal mentality going into AV.

5. Horde now wins 9 out of 10 matches; any actual player on the Alliance has long stopped even Qing for this mess, so if you try to do so now, you are guaranteed to land in a team composed of AFKers, Leechers, Botters and Defeatists. Who will also not have any kind of gear at all.

6. Some people have repeatedly pointed out that the location of the starting- and choke points are massively advantageous to the Horde. After MONTHS Blizzard intervenes....and changes something completely different.

---

I know the OP was more getting on about changes in general out of principal and not this particular one. But this particular change is only made to spit on the Alliance a little more.
    Please put it into perspective:
    The Horde perceives something disadvantageous while win rates are close to 50:50 and Blizzard acts within 2 weeks to stamp out EXACTLY what the Horde complaines about.
    The Alliance suffers 95% losses for MONTHS and (while faction imbalance is BY FAR the bigger of the issues here nobody really expected Blizzard to do something about that) Alliance repeatedly points out that the map layout is DRASTICALLY in the Horde's favour - just so Blizzard can leave the situation at that for months and then change something completely different (which will have absolutely no effect on anything at all).
    Last edited by Nathasil; 2020-07-08 at 11:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pohut View Post
    One of the main reasons people wanted to play Classic was to experience the original AV. That didn't last long.
    that was dead long before Classic even launched,when they announced they'd use the 1.12 version of AV

Quote Originally Posted by Chaelexi View Post
    You realize you can not spell either.
    While I would consider such an ad hominem that is entirely besides the point to be an admission of defeat, I feel obliged to educate you.

Realise and realize are different spellings of the same word, and they can be used interchangeably. Both are common throughout the English-speaking world, though in different areas. Realize is preferred in American and Canadian English, while realise is preferred outside North America.
    source: grammarly.com

The world doesn’t revolve around the united states

Quote Originally Posted by iamthedevil View Post
    accurately represent the 1.12 design intent

They pointed out intent.
    good then !

can they now "fix" the classes to accurately represent the intended design? or the shit we have/had was the intended design?

Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    I'm not really up for word games right now, but Blizzard considers these exploits, hence calling it a "fix" rather than "change" is legit.

If you want to get hung up over it, go on, but i personally have made my peace with AV already not living up to my expectations, based on that Blizzard chose 1.12 AV.
    At least we get to see Ice lord & Wing Commanders in action from time to time, but that's it.

That aside, the only thing that needs to be "fixed" in that regard is the Alliance mindset.
    It's hilarious to watch Alliance get all hung up over the starting cave location, when in reality they just play plain worse than Horde does.

If you get pushed back right in front of your GY (In that case, Stonehearth) you're being outplayed the enemy, plain and simple.
    I haven't forgotten the days of Late Vanilla / TBC / Wotlk where Alliance boasted a 80% winrate in AV, while all that Blizzard did was to mock Horde via quest texts.
    That's what happens when Alliance actually plays to a functional plan in AV. I remember trying to explain to people in Cata (when Alliance started losing AV) that Alliance could in fact win, and all they had to do was actually play sensibly and follow a basic plan. But no. Complaining on forums is easier.

Of course, in BC, etc. AV was also perfectly winnable by the Horde, but they kept trying to out-zerg the Alliance with no plan but "Waaaarg!!!", and that's not how to win as Horde if the Alliance has any brains at all.

Here's a reaction: ABOUT FUCKING TIME!

Hell, I dont even remember the exploits or bugs back in AV during vanilla or TBC. So this seems like a non issue. I played AV often through both, and had a great time demolishing horde. Those were the days, exploits or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Beuargh View Post
    good then !

can they now "fix" the classes to accurately represent the intended design? or the shit we have/had was the intended design?
    That's an issue which requires more than just altering the terrain in a few places.

Quote Originally Posted by Veggie50 View Post
    While I would consider such an ad hominem that is entirely besides the point to be an admission of defeat, I feel obliged to educate you.

source: grammarly.com

The world doesn’t revolve around the united states
    Nice assumption, buddy. I am Canadian........ as for admission of defeat, not really you made no point at all. You provided no evidence, no argument and no actual content to the discussion......I guess you are the one arguing their own head now.....

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Demithio View Post
    Hell, I dont even remember the exploits or bugs back in AV during vanilla or TBC. So this seems like a non issue. I played AV often through both, and had a great time demolishing horde. Those were the days, exploits or not.
    There were even more than these exploits in Vanilla. You could get under the Horde stronghold and pull bosses from there to underside and kill them from there.

Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    They thought they did, but they didn't. #ItsAFixNotAChange #NoChanges
    Are you okay? You seem awfully upset. Let people enjoy things.

Quote Originally Posted by Chaelexi View Post
    You realize you can not spell either.
    Fyi, you should have used "cannot" in this context, but really when all you have to offer is attacking someones spelling or grammar, i think its pretty obvious you have nothing of substance to add. Its similar to when you are losing an argument, so you attack the other persons physical appearance or something else completely unrelated to the discussion at hand.

Do you have anything to offer that relates to the actual discussion at hand? Are you happy with these changes? Would you like to see more changes?

Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    That's an issue which requires more than just altering the terrain in a few places.
    so they want the game to represent the intended design or not? for now that's the definition of an half assed job....

I just wish they would fix all the other exploits too and ban the people who have been abusing them.

Quote Originally Posted by Jurwi View Post
    I just wish they would fix all the other exploits too and ban the people who have been abusing them.
    With classic, they dont really seem to be banning anyone abusing the exploits. Certainly botting, but exploits seem to be open season - exploit early, exploit often.

"MASSIVE CLASSIC CHANGES!"

Changes only impact AV and are just unintended bug fixes.

OKAY DUDE

Quote Originally Posted by oplawlz View Post
    People never got the original AV, they got the nerfed mess it turned into.
    As someone who played the original AV, I have no idea what the craze was about.

Quote Originally Posted by Alcsaar View Post
    "MASSIVE CLASSIC CHANGES!"

Changes only impact AV and are just unintended bug fixes.

OKAY DUDE
    As apposed to intended bugs?

Quote Originally Posted by Pohut View Post
    One of the main reasons people wanted to play Classic was to experience the original AV. That didn't last long.
    Most of these things were not widely exploited by 80%+ of the playerbase in the "original AV".

None of you actually care, be honest. You're still playing the game regardless.