Page 1 of 7
... LastLast

What is the most painful thing (physically) you have experienced?

I would say falling off a 15ft wall and breaking my arm.

Quote Originally Posted by Chicken Drummer View Post
    I would say falling off a 15ft wall and breaking my arm.
    How did that happen

10+ Year Old Account
    Either the 8 stitches I got without anesthetic when I was 7 years old, or the point blank rocket of a soccer ball that hit me in the nuts and winded me for 5 minutes.

10+ Year Old Account
    A highly disgruntled constituent of Lindsey Graham.
    Well I have been fairly seriously injured a couple times, but weirdly, I think the worst pain experience was a really bad sunburn. It was one of those Sun Poisoning level ones, with some vomiting and this ridiculously deep burn across my back and shoulders. In absolute terms the pain wasn't as high as some short term spikes, but it was constant, unavoidable, and so deep under the skin all you could really do is like writhe around. It was horrific.

Quote Originally Posted by Thekri View Post
    Well I have been fairly seriously injured a couple times, but weirdly, I think the worst pain experience was a really bad sunburn. It was one of those Sun Poisoning level ones, with some vomiting and this ridiculously deep burn across my back and shoulders. In absolute terms the pain wasn't as high as some short term spikes, but it was constant, unavoidable, and so deep under the skin all you could really do is like writhe around. It was horrific.
    I had sun poisoning in my legs once. Very painful, my legs swelled like balloons, and I had to be carried everywhere.
    I think my actual worst pain was when I was riding with my brother on a gravel road on a rainy day and we skid out and drove into a ditch. I think I had my seat belt on too tight because when we hit and lurched forward, the entirety of my right arm up to my shoulder was in pain and now my collar bone on my right side sticks out a noticeable amount.

Kidney stones. There is no pain that is worse.

Toss up between breaking my calcaneus bone and having to limp for 8 months because they don't do anything for it and I bumped it a ton all the time, Kidney stones which I passed and were the worst of the types you can get and are like tiny little saw blades that cut your urethra all the way up for weeks as you pass them (also one got stuck in the tip and I had to pull it out), or the week long gallbladder attack I had that made me apply for the surgery then the recovery of losing a bit of my liver because it was fused to my liver in attempt to heal itself as all sentient organs do lol. Also COVID-19 was pretty fucking shitty.

10+ Year Old Account
    ohhh, this thread again, we had a similar one like 5 years ago, i'm giving the same answer.

An infection that spread from my teeth to my ears. I just awaked at 3am with both pain and i had to go to the ER because i couldn't handle it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Some autoimmune thing with my feet about half a decade ago. One day I had a tiny itchy red bump on the top of my right foot that I assumed was a bug bite or something. Over the next few days that redness grew to encompass my entire right foot, and then my left foot, and a little bit of my ankles as well. My feet became extremely swollen, blisters started forming on my skin... And they shifted from being itching to burning.

I eventually went to an ER, they hit me with some painkillers and started me on corticosteroids and then a little bit later drove me in an ambulance to their main campus and admitted me for a few days; it was eventually brought under control. I had to clean my feet and redress the wounds multiple times every day for a few weeks to keep it from getting infected because there were just huge open wounds in my skin, though fortunately they were confined to the tops of my feet... The pain wasn't so bad after the fact/while cleaning despite the wounds still existing... But during the ordeal, it literally felt like my feet were being set on fire or submerged in boiling water... I hadn't slept in a few days because of the constant pain, but I finally got to sleep in the ER for a little while after they hit me with the IV morphine.

They never gave me a name/diagnosis for what it was, just told me it was an extreme autoimmune response. My feet still look like they are covered in burn scars because of it, even all these years later.

I gave birth to two children.

Sciatica. For a few weeks, I was constantly in pain. Some sitting or sleeping positions could alleviate it, but it got bad enough to bring me to tears when trying to drive.
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD

Reading off topic.

Being at a house being renovated, fell on a concrete nail without realizing till I tried to stand up... was wedged in my knee in between the joint... and it locked my knee when I tried standing up.

I could feel lit scraping the bone along with a crack as I tried standing...

The most excruciating pain I've ever felt.

That, and having a nasty ear infection while I was on Holidays in Spain in the 2000s... felt like someone stabbed me in the ear with a Chef's Knife... and any movement or God forbid a sneeze it felt like someone was twisting and churning that knife with immense force...
    Last edited by Daedius; 2020-07-08 at 06:19 PM.

probably have my gums sliced into with improper anaesthesia.

But I haven't been in lots of accidents, never broken a bone etc...
    Error 404 - Signature not found

Once when jogging, i felt an intense pain shooting through my leg. It was only for a split second. But it was positively debilitating. The sciatic saying "hi!"
    The there was an infected tooth that I had to endure for two days.

When I was little I was riding on my dad's bicycle on a child's seat and I accidentally put my foot in the moving wheel. Some of the skin on my ankle was flayed.

When I was little, my dad was giving me a haircut and he accidentally snipped into my right earlobe.

When I was at school in 1st grade, the class was about to begin but the teacher hadn't arrived yet. Then kids started storming into the class, saying the teacher is coming up the stairs, and they closed the door. Since the teacher was taking kind of long to enter the class, I went to the door to look through the keyhole. Just as I leaned in, one last kid from the hallway slammed the door open, and the doorknob hit me in the forehead. 1 min later the teacher entered the room to see me bleeding on the desk. I still have the scar at 40 years of age.
    Last edited by The Butt Witch; 2020-07-09 at 07:05 AM.

Had many broken bones, injuries, cuts, been trampled by a horse (long story), surgeries and whatnot.

Worst thing ever... infected root canal in a molar.

Holy fucknuckles, the persistent throbbing pain, doesn't compare to anything else I ever felt, due to just the sheer unrelenting persistence of it. Normal painkillers do fuck all to alleviate it. Eventually got ketamine injections into my gums.

10+ Year Old Account
    Dog bite on the inner thigh or scorpion sting on the buttcheek.
    Need Roll - 1 for [Bright Pink Imbued Mageweave Banana-Hammock] by Ayirasi

Morphine withdrawal, oh gawd.

and the few hours before an appendix removal
    Anti-War / Anti-CIA / Cynic / Unpopular Opinions

except for reading this forum, I would say appendicitis. It's over 20 years ago now and I still remember every.single.second. from when it started until the operation.