Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    All I can predict is that the reveal will be severely underwhelming. That is unless it's Cairne revealing he's become an Ordos like god somehow.
    Elune: "My sister needed Anima so I let my favoured people die. What is this 'Maw' you speak of?"
    Daily reminder that Steam has never had a monopoly on PC Gaming, don't mistake age and popularity for domination.
    Because people don't understand words: Forced and Necessity

Cairne: You must know the deeply hidden secret of our people....
    Baine: What is it, father?
    Cairne: We are descended....from cows.
    Baine: What a load of bull! I came all the way out here for this?
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Hard to say - the Tauren have some pretty significant and mostly unexplored connections to the Old Gods, so perhaps there's something to explore there? Perhaps the Earthmother actually exists as one of these nebulous "First Ones" in the Shadowlands, as well?
    Well, some of Baine's dialogue in BFA implies pretty heavily that the Earthmother is literally Azeroth herself, as in the World Soul. And there's definitely some unexplored Old God stuff. There's also Ebonhorn, so maybe it'll actually be building towards new Dragon Isles lore rather than something related directly to the Shadowlands.

There's also An'she and Mu'sha, which aren't very well explored, so maybe it'll tie into Elune / Night Warrior / Light vs Void stuff?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathranis View Post

There's also An'she and Mu'sha, which aren't very well explored, so maybe it'll tie into Elune / Night Warrior / Light vs Void stuff?
    Mu'sha IS Elune.

An'she however needs more exploration.

Formerly known as Arafal

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathranis View Post
    Well, some of Baine's dialogue in BFA implies pretty heavily that the Earthmother is literally Azeroth herself, as in the World Soul. And there's definitely some unexplored Old God stuff. There's also Ebonhorn, so maybe it'll actually be building towards new Dragon Isles lore rather than something related directly to the Shadowlands.

That's what I've always thought, that the Earthmother was kind of the analog to the "Great Spirit" incarnation of the land itself, which would be the World Soul in the Warcraft universe's mythology. I don't think Ebonhorn really has any major links to the Tauren's backstory outside of his role with Huln and the Highmountain Tauren, though.

Mu'sha is basically the Taur-ahe title for Elune, though An'she is a bit more nebulous since the Sunwalkers' reverence for it does seem to bestow them with the Light-based powers, so it is possible An'she is indeed an entity of some kind.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead