Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Clozer View Post
    You can't be serious. Xmas is literally the biggest event in the year to sell your stuff. Releasing it in December means big $$$.
    Yes, because blizzard is just going to release a major expansion and then go on vacation for 2 weeks like they do every year

You can't be serious. Xmas is literally the biggest event in the year to sell your stuff. Releasing it in December means big $$$.
    Boxed sales and in store purchases, yes. Digital purchases that have been available for most of the year, in a game that without a doubt in my mind is mostly played by adults? Dont be so disingenuous. We are not talking about the latest, greatest new G.I Joe here, this isnt Jingle all the way.

Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    Yes, because blizzard is just going to release a major expansion and then go on vacation for 2 weeks like they do every year
    Because Blizzard's only concern is the quality of their game and not big $$$. Nice one mate.

This is the point many have raised - this discussion about when fall ends is entirely redundant - Blizzard have not and will not release a game right before sending their staff home for 2+ weeks. They have commented on it before, and it is clear they have no intention of doing that. Could they totally flip the script and do something different? Absolutely. Is it more likely that they need to have it out by the end of November, with Season 1 launching in January? yes. Does it seem plausible that recent events have caused them a great deal of lost time - i think its more than plausible, i think its very likely. Are blizzard likely to publicly acknowledge that they are falling behind? Not until the absolute last possible moment.

- - - Updated - - -

Because Blizzard's only concern is the quality of their game and not big $$$. Nice one mate.
    No, because Blizzard want to ensure that the game is playable over the xmas break without having to fork out massive amounts of overtime, disrupting their workforce's holiday during what has already been a trying year for most, and further tarnish their faltering public image. Also because Blizzard have set a president of not releasing games, expansions, or even major patches right before xmas - remember, they even delayed a pvp season and new raid because they didnt want to clash with the holiday season.

Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    This is the point many have raised - this discussion about when fall ends is entirely redundant - Blizzard have not and will not release a game right before sending their staff home for 2+ weeks. They have commented on it before, and it is clear they have no intention of doing that. Could they totally flip the script and do something different? Absolutely. Is it more likely that they need to have it out by the end of November, with Season 1 launching in January? yes. Does it seem plausible that recent events have caused them a great deal of lost time - i think its more than plausible, i think its very likely. Are blizzard likely to publicly acknowledge that they are falling behind? Not until the absolute last possible moment.
    I really don't think they'll delay End game launch either, that would piss people off. It'll be out by nov 17 or launch will be moved to probably 14 Jan or so, but they'll probably have a longer Prepatch if that's the case.

The 6 month sub commitment for the mount doesn't necessarily mean we're 6 month away from launch. I understand and respect the train of thought, but the mount incentive might only need a 3-5 month bridge to fill the gap from Pre-patch to SL launch. I think the pre-patch will hit early to mid October and the Shadowlands launch will probably be early November. Missing a 4th quarter launch for Shadowlands would be a disaster for Blizzard.

- - - Updated - - -

No, because Blizzard want to ensure that the game is playable over the xmas break without having to fork out massive amounts of overtime, disrupting their workforce's holiday during what has already been a trying year for most, and further tarnish their faltering public image. Also because Blizzard have set a president of not releasing games, expansions, or even major patches right before xmas - remember, they even delayed a pvp season and new raid because they didnt want to clash with the holiday season.
    Weren't like 4 expansions or something planned on releasing 4 weeks prior to Xmas? BC should have been released December but game was not ready yet so postponed. Wotlk about 4 weeks before Xmas. Cataclysm early/mid December - 2 weeks before Xmas. And WoD released 4 weeks before Xmas. I see 0 reason why they wouldn't release SL on 3rd/10th of December. Only benefits.

Weren't like 4 expansions or something planned on releasing 4 weeks prior to Xmas? BC should have been released December but game was not ready yet so postponed. Wotlk about 4 weeks before Xmas. Cataclysm early/mid December - 2 weeks before Xmas. And WoD released 4 weeks before Xmas. I see 0 reason why they wouldn't release SL on 3rd/10th of December. Only benefits.
    Wrath and WoD were both Nov. 14 (which ironically would make SL the 3rd expansion release right at that same time if it would be released nov 10 like i guessed lol) which is about 5-6 weeks before xmas, Cata was Dec. 8, but that was also a different time period when they released end game with the expansion, so either they release it and progress during christmas which no one likes, or they delay it for up to 5-6 and piss people off.

December just smells bad from a PR standpoint.

I really don't think they'll delay End game launch either, that would piss people off. It'll be out by nov 17 or launch will be moved to probably 14 Jan or so, but they'll probably have a longer Prepatch if that's the case.
    I agree that these two dates seem the most likely - if they cant get it out in November, i highly doubt they would release it in December. The next logical date would be mid January. Secondly, if they are running behind which seems very plausible, i personally would be really happy if they launched late this year with the pre-patch, and let us enjoy all the leveling changes etc for even 6-8 weeks before launching the expansion. Look, everyone is different, but i would prefer they did this, than forced the release of a product that was not ready, and then promised shitloads of changes in 9.1 - sounds far too familiar.

- - - Updated - - -

Weren't like 4 expansions or something planned on releasing 4 weeks prior to Xmas? BC should have been released December but game was not ready yet so postponed.
    Planned Vs Actual - they had a final date they said it would be out by, but they did not launch right before xmas. From memory, cata was first week of December, however it had endgame available right from launch - a very different model to what we have now. And i think the others all launched mid November, which as i have said multiple times is, in my opinion, the last realistic date to get an expansion out under their current staggered launch system.
    Last edited by arkanon; 2020-07-13 at 11:26 PM.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pohut View Post
    I never said they it was their quote. Sorry if it looked like that.
    It just looks suspicious as hell when one day the promise "this fall" and then the next day they give us another 6-month incentive.
    You know it’s on a cycle though right? Every January and July they’ve brought out a new 6 month sub mount. The flying rat was back in January, the Pirate Ship last July and then I think it was the Dreamer dragon mount back in Jan 2019

I'm not going to say that Bliz will def delay it, but I will say they should. There's a lot of questionable stuff in the ptr right now that I think another 6+ months in the oven could fix.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Nah nah, see... I live by one simple creed: You might catch more flies with honey, but to catch honeys you gotta be fly.

Quote Originally Posted by oplawlz View Post
    I'm not going to say that Bliz will def delay it, but I will say they should. There's a lot of questionable stuff in the ptr right now that I think another 6+ months in the oven could fix.
    No amount of delay will help if they're going to be stubborn about a system, only way to get it fixed is to release it to the unwashed masses and let them complain.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Orange Joe View Post
    Feel free to link anything that says winter starts at another date for Denmark.
    I already did, and will do it again: --> https://www.kalender-365.dk/arstider.html
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FuxieDK View Post
    I already did, and will do it again: --> https://www.kalender-365.dk/arstider.html
    Now I know you read Danish... and I know you are capable of reading both sides of that page.

Why is it you are ignoring the information right there in front of you? You aren't a science denier are you?

Astronomiske årstider

Nordlige halvkugle

Vinter: 21. december til og med 20. marts

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

Quote Originally Posted by Pohut View Post
    In just under a day we go from:

to

6 months sub now brings us well into January 2021. After this announcement it seems unlikely we're getting Shadowlands this fall.
    ... every time...

... every bloody time...

... as soon as people see a reward for the 6-month model these ridiculous threads pop up, trying to tell us how the devious Blizzard is trying to trick us into buying long time subs.

This does not even make any sense, you are corelating completely unrelated things. Shadowlands will release in Fall, we have heard it several times now and the pre-order stated that December 2020 is the latest it is gonna release. Do you really think a game director will go live on camera and deliberatedly spread lies?
    It has nothing to do with the 6 month sub that constantly exists. Blizzard is just rewarding people for supporting them over a longer duration. That is all.

No, didnt you hear? CDPR have gone out of business because they delayed CP2077 twice - its cutthroat out there now, so its GG for CDPR. So sad.
    Maybe if they had ever made a good game I could care.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaetha View Post
    Maybe if they had ever made a good game I could care.
    Yeah, you got me - they are nobodies and make bad games like The Witcher 3.

"CD Projekt RED becomes the largest gaming company in Europe, surpasses Ubisoft"

Geeks in this thread continuing to regurgitate the nonsense about astronomical and meteorological season dates in an attempt to seem more intelligent than they actually are - not realising that the majority of common folk refer to seasons in the traditional sense. I have only ever seen people refer to seasons in the sense I see being spouted here by the usual geeks on this forum, during pre expansion months; I've never seen it even discussed in those terms elsewhere - speaks volumes. Same happened with BfA, same happened in Legion, when discussing the semantics of Summer being late September and thus both expansions will launch then. Both times the usual suspects were wrong - but they continue to peddle this narrative.

Can't wait for Shadowlands to launch late October - mid November. You know, during Autumn/Fall.
    Last edited by Santandame; 2020-07-15 at 11:32 AM.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Santandame View Post
    Geeks in this thread continuing to regurgitate the nonsense about astronomical and meteorological season dates in an attempt to seem more intelligent than they actually are - not realising that the majority of common folk refer to seasons in the traditional sense. I have only ever seen people refer to seasons in the sense I see being spouted here by the usual geeks on this forum, during pre expansion months; I've never seen it even discussed in those terms elsewhere - speaks volumes. Same happened with BfA, same happened in Legion, when discussing the semantics of Summer being late September and thus both expansions will launch then. Both times the usual suspects were wrong - but they continue to peddle this narrative.

Can't wait for Shadowlands to launch late October - mid November. You know, during Autumn/Fall.
    So meteorogical=traditional, your version is right and anyone that will argue with you is a geek (this is insult?).

I understand your logic....but its wrong.

As big of a company they are, financially they will release on the last day of December AT THE LATEST. And they JUST announced they will have it launch in fall. Any time between September, October, and November. Since they didn't give an exact date they are probably waiting to see what happens in beta the first week or two before they start making final decisions. And even then in the world of hot fixes, they can still ship an incomplete game.