Poll: Fave Troll group

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Troll Polls: Your Favourite Troll race/faction and why?

So, in the continuation of the poll series, with elves, here is one for trolls, another big family race.

Let's here your favourite Troll race or faction and why. Multiple choice is enabled for those few who can't decide.

I forgot Blood trolls, so please tick other for that, but specify that it's Blood trolls you mean.
    Last edited by Beloren; 2020-07-12 at 01:41 PM.

Amani are the only ones who are awesome thanks to Zul'jin. The rest are lame AF to me.

3+ Year Old Account
    Does 'Dead Troll' mean trolls that worship Bwonsamdi, or undead trolls?
    I don't play WoW anymore smh.

Quote Originally Posted by Bwonsamdi the Dead View Post
    Does 'Dead Troll' mean trolls that worship Bwonsamdi, or undead trolls?
    II wasn't sure how to distinguish, - i was thinking Bwonsamdi, spirit trolls, but htat also crosses into the living.

DRAT - i forgot Blood trolls.

Zandalari would be perfect if they could just hit puberty & grow a beard. All trolls are awesome, though.

Like with the orcs, not a fan of tribal culture at all, so that disqualifies trolls pretty much entirely. The one exception might be zandalari, which also happen to be the only trolls where the males walk upright. That pretty much makes them the least egregious troll tribe.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

Amani because they're beefier and more badass than the lanky trolls of Warcraft 3+.

Sucks what they did with Zul'jin in TBC. I much prefer his incarnation in Heroes of the Storm.

3+ Year Old Account
    If only there were more customization options for Zandalari that would enable me to make an accurate looking 'Death troll'. For now I'll just use Dazar'alor gear

Bwonsamdi worshippers are awesome as hell, with their little 'Sacred Darkness' Death cult they have going on. When I was questing in Nazmir for the first time, I was taken aback by how Bwonsamdi seemed to have a small group of loyal worshippers that didn't seem all brainwash-y. I wanted to join them soo badly! It's sad that they pretty much don't exist outside of Nazmir, but with Bwonsamdi being THE Loa, maybe we'll see them again?

Quote Originally Posted by EnigmAddict View Post
    II wasn't sure how to distinguish, - i was thinking Bwonsamdi, spirit trolls, but htat also crosses into the living.

DRAT - i forgot Blood trolls.
    Oh I see. I don't really think Spirit trolls would really work either, since Bwonsamdi has living worshippers. In the game files some of the objects around the Necropolis are categorized as 'Death Troll' things, instead of just 'Swampzone'. So calling them the Death trolls does work, in a way
    Last edited by LemonDemonGirl; 2020-07-13 at 12:39 AM.
    I don't play WoW anymore smh.

5+ Year Old Account
    I wonder who the one person that selected 'dead troll' is...

Some choices in this thread makes no sense :

-Dead Trolls aren't really a faction or a race.
    -Don't Like how Blizz did Trolls - yes I agree with that but what that has to so with the subject of the poll?

It's like making a list of your favorite mark of a car and then adding choice: - "the fuel is too expensive"
    I miss Mists of Pandaria

Zandalari are the frontrunners simply due to the weight of their history and their magnificent aesthetic shown in BFA.

Drakkari get an honorable mention for their fantastic Wotlk Architecture, and Farraki... get special mention for the Tablet of Theka and sheer zeal.

I'd LIKE to enjoy the Darkspear and Revantusk more but they have almost nothing unique to them.
    Twas brillig

Other: Shatterspears and Dark Trolls (RIP, officially). I'd love to have the option to play a big savage Dark Troll berserker, with dark purple skin and black face paint like in WC3.

Quote Originally Posted by Ramz View Post
    Some choices in this thread makes no sense :

-Dead Trolls aren't really a faction or a race.
    -Don't Like how Blizz did Trolls - yes I agree with that but what that has to so with the subject of the poll?

It's like making a list of your favorite mark of a car and then adding choice: - "the fuel is too expensive"
    I forgot Blood trolls and Dark trolls, though the latter are sort of extinct.

Dead trolls - i was sort of going to tfor the Bwonsamdi thing, vs undead - that not quite distinct category, I couldn't quite give a definite name too

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rappy28 View Post
    Other: Shatterspears and Dark Trolls (RIP, officially). I'd love to have the option to play a big savage Dark Troll berserker, with dark purple skin and black face paint like in WC3.
    Forgot the Dark ones - I mean there is supposedly 1 survivor - but that should mean there is a small community somehwere.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Skytotem View Post
    Zandalari are the frontrunners simply due to the weight of their history and their magnificent aesthetic shown in BFA.

Drakkari get an honorable mention for their fantastic Wotlk Architecture, and Farraki... get special mention for the Tablet of Theka and sheer zeal.

I'd LIKE to enjoy the Darkspear and Revantusk more but they have almost nothing unique to them.
    Imo, blizz haven't really done trolls justice , especially visually,.... they could have been much more exiciting with the various types - like forest trolls having moss grow on them, and the various species actually biolgoically affected by their environment. But alas, they did not

Imagine picking anyone but the Amani.

Imagine unironically being a zoomer.
    Tonight for me is a special day. I want to go outside of the house of the girl I like with a gasoline barrel and write her name on the road and set it on fire and tell her to get out too see it (is this illegal)?

10+ Year Old Account
    I like forest trolls of any tribe.

I always liked the Amani troll models and still wish for them to be playable. They use the regular troll skeleton but are a lot beefier and have different shaped chins, which makes them look a lot more badass. How the hell are they not their own allied race??

7+ Year Old Account
    Darkspear, just because i ahve OCD, and WC3 was my first contact with the "horde trolls" and liked way too much their interactions there, being like a mirror of humans/elves with orcs

However, the amani will always have a place in my heart, because their hate towards the damn knife ears, but i like their thin versions, not a big fan of the bulky ones.

Zandalari are highly civilised. I love them.
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...lopment-thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.

Dark Trolls because some of them evolved into Night Elfs.

7+ Year Old Account
    Darkspear and Zandalari

Darkspear since they actually trascended being just a tribe in decline and thrive with the Horde. Also their their whole voodoo shtick is great
    Zandalari because they command respect, they are strong, knowledgable and their city is fucking beautiful
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.