Page 21 of 26 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Krakan View Post
    I just don't get why some people push back against the concept so hard. Most players interactions with mythic players are a neigh unkillable dh or feral druid dropping from the sky to gank them.
    So we are supposed to treat them as some kind of demi-gods or something? I'm not sure I understand what reaction you are wanting.

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

Quote Originally Posted by FuujCraft View Post
    Min-maxers are the real problem here and WoW is plagued by them. Choices in a RPG are important and WoW lacks a lot of choice. I hope they do not change covenants, just because people are reading some guides that tell them x covenant will give you a .3% DPS increase. I will play whichever covenant I like the most just like I do with my race. I play a Tauren Monk because I like her, even if there are races that have stronger racials.

Min-maxing is a thing for top end raiders, which most people are not. Maybe .5% of the playerbase should really care, but people think they have to be performing at their best when they can not even fully play their class at the maximum skill level. If someone performs better in Kyrian, even though Venthyr is the "best performing" choice, there is not a problem here at all.

It has nothing to do with min/maxing..it has to do with the fact that Blizzard is forcing us to make 6 important choice with one choice. Why that sucks is because half the stuff you might dislike and love the other half. That seems like a "fun" system?

Quote Originally Posted by Seranthor View Post
    So we are supposed to treat them as some kind of demi-gods or something? I'm not sure I understand what reaction you are wanting.
    I want you to not care and to go away.

The only people I'm aware of outside of mythic guilds or rl friends are people who buy carries from me.

I do not care at all about you. I simply don't want a ton of extras getting in the way of my game.

you know you fucked up when you have "covenant choice" as a template for beta...

So you dont want to deal with the consequences of your choices, is that accurate?
    Imagine having to deal with consequences for playing a damn game.

10+ Year Old Account
    I want you to not care and to go away.

The only people I'm aware of outside of mythic guilds or rl friends are people who buy carries from me.

I do not care at all about you. I simply don't want a ton of extras getting in the way of my game.
    Are you saying you dont want to hear other people's opinions about the 'covenant problem' that you have identified?

I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

Are you saying you dont want to hear other people's opinions about the 'covenant problem' that you have identified?
    Not overly no. I mostly want mythic to not have ever increasing grinds though content I can breeze through so easily I am only a small step away from being afk.

I don't care about world content or mythic + below 10 because I find the content so trivial that it barely demands my attention.

I don't care about the people who enjoy it and I would hope they don't care about what I do either I simply want the massive time grinds gone.

Quote Originally Posted by Dalinos View Post
    Thank you...someone finally gets it.

Let's put it this way - you are a druid, and you catch a thief. The town militia captain gives you 4 choices.

1) you can murder him on the spot and res him as an undead (Necrolords)
    2) you can murder him on the spot and res him as a blue archangel (Kyrian)
    3) you can murder him on the spot and infuse him with vampiric-like powers (Venthyr)
    4) you can murder him on the spot and bury him while conducting a ritual that will make his life-energy part of the surrounding nature (Night Fae).

As a druid, what would be the thematically correct choice of these 4?

And that's why most druids will go Night Fae.

For the same reason a Paladin would choose option 2 and a DK would choose option 1. Cause it just makes sense.
    /this. 101% agree.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not overly no. I mostly want mythic to not have ever increasing grinds though content I can breeze through so easily I am only a small step away from being afk.

I don't care about world content or mythic + below 10 because I find the content so trivial that it barely demands my attention.

I don't care about the people who enjoy it and I would hope they don't care about what I do either I simply want the massive time grinds gone.
    So the purpose of this thread was to create an echo chamber and garner support for the position you outlined in your OP?

I mean, judging from your avatar which is still stuck in Legion, and your sig which is still stuck in Warlords of Draenor (lol @ 700 Blacksmithing/Jewelcrafting), do you even play BFA?

10+ Year Old Account
    I mean, judging from your avatar which is still stuck in Legion, and your sig which is still stuck in Warlords of Draenor (lol @ 700 Blacksmithing/Jewelcrafting), do you even play BFA?
    Could be that I dont care enough to update them, haven't changed the sig text in years either.

No, he does not as he has stated in another thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Specialka View Post
    No, he does not as he has stated in another thread.
    Classic example then of someone (literally) talking out of their ass Noice.

So the purpose of this thread was to create an echo chamber and garner support for the position you outlined in your OP?
    You know reddit kinda acts as a containment site for people who think making weak word play rebuttals are the same thing as raising a valid point.

10+ Year Old Account
    You know reddit kinda acts as a containment site for people who think making weak word play rebuttals are the same thing as raising a valid point.
    So is that a yes or a no?

So you dont want to deal with the consequences of your choices, is that accurate?
    The thing is: It's not even a choice if you're 100% accurate. Taking everything into consideration that leads to the highest possible performance in whichever instanced content there is you will end up with the one choice for the specific environment you choose to play in.

That statement would actually make sense if the original issue addressed her wouldn't exist: a perfectly balanced 'alternative power progression system'. And that's still without taking class/specc balance into consideration.

Sure you have a choice but where is the option when everything you pick apart from the one isn't worth considering?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ulululu View Post
    The thing is: It's not even a choice if you're 100% accurate. Taking everything into consideration that leads to the highest possible performance in whichever instanced content there is you will end up with the one choice for the specific environment you choose to play in.

That statement would actually make sense if the original issue addressed her wouldn't exist: a perfectly balanced 'alternative power progression system'. And that's still without taking class/specc balance into consideration.

Sure you have a choice but where is the option when everything you pick apart from the one isn't worth considering?
    That is a very good question. Perhaps we should inquire of Blizzard's intentions to further refine the choices.

I'd imagine a solution is pretty obvious and simple, but Blizzard will wait until late 9.3 to release it so they can pretend they are listening to the community while really just extending sub times.

If WOW happened to be piano and Blizzard tried to tune it, they'd do so with a Tuna fish. Seriously, when is the last time Blizzard tuned anything in game, excluding the final patch of one or two xpacs. Class Covenant abilities really aren't such a big deal unless you're someone who delves into competitive Pvp and Pve, plays two roles with the same class or happen to be locked into the Covenant Class Ability they just nerfed into the ground. This is a disaster waiting to happen, everyone knows it and Blizzard insists on crash landing this beast.

Quote Originally Posted by Luxeley View Post
    If WOW happened to be piano and Blizzard tried to tune it, they'd do so with a Tuna fish. Seriously, when is the last time Blizzard tuned anything in game, excluding the final patch of one or two xpacs. Class Covenant abilities really aren't such a big deal unless you're someone who delves into competitive Pvp and Pve, plays two roles with the same class or happen to be locked into the Covenant Class Ability they just nerfed into the ground. This is a disaster waiting to happen, everyone knows it and Blizzard insists on crash landing this beast.
    With the exception of PvP and a few other small problems (legion legendaries), the game has been pretty well balanced for 10+ years. The problem is people whose bar for "balanced" is absurdly high and is fueled by obsessive compulsive issues rather than genuine desire to play the game.
    "stop puting you idiotic liberal words into my mouth"
    -ynnady