Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Varitok View Post
    Yes, they are doing this purely to sell more boosts since it will slow people down. Regardless, I don't even care about the XP going away but people deserve their gold back. I can guarantee people bought up a ton of upgrades for alts in preparation for Shadowlands and now they're screwed out of the bonus they paid for.

Refund the gold, let people buy them back if the upgrades are worth it.
    Why wouldn't people just upgrade the heirloom when they're ready to actually use it? Why would someone pre-upgrade all of their heirlooms and not touch them until 9.0? I only upgraded my heirlooms when I planned to level an alt that needed to use them.

It makes no sense to spend hundreds of thousands of gold to upgrade heirlooms to level in an expansion that hasn't released yet, nor do we have all of the details in. Sorry, that's just silly.

If the goal was to sell more boosts, a level squish and overall increase in leveling speed would be pretty counter-productive to that goal, wouldn't you think?
    Last edited by cigawoot; 2020-07-13 at 04:24 AM. Reason: clarified

Quote Originally Posted by cigawoot View Post
    Why wouldn't people just upgrade the heirloom when they're ready to actually use it? Whey would someone pre-upgrade all of their heirlooms and not touch them until 9.0? I only upgraded my heirlooms when I planned to level an alt that needed to use them.

It makes no sense to spend hundreds of thousands of gold to upgrade heirlooms to level in an expansion that hasn't released yet, nor do we have all of the details in. Sorry, that's just silly.

- - - Updated - - -

If the goal was to sell more boosts, a level squish and overall increase in leveling speed would be pretty counter-productive to that goal, wouldn't you think?

No it's not. YOU don't do it, some do. They are preparing, upgrading and enchanting for an expac. They expected a system that's been in the game for nearly a decade to still be in the game, not a far fetched thought.

Because they are keeping it competitive, Keep it balanced so that it takes just long enough to warrant it for impatient players. Not hard to understand there, this is business 101, you're talking fucking Activision man. The same old song and dance for a decade.

My brother did some math and it's 711,700 gold to upgrade every heirloom. So I feel your pain, I upgraded a bunch but not nearly as much. It's ridiculous and for some reason people are defending it? It's so stupid.
    While it was expensive to upgrade them, the player got something in return for the investment, and that was it made it easier to level for several expansions. There are people that spend millions of gold on AH items to help them compete in mythic raiding for ONE raiding tier, not even an entire expansion.

No it's not. YOU don't do it, some do. They are preparing, upgrading and enchanting for an expac. They expected a system that's been in the game for nearly a decade to still be in the game, not a far fetched thought.

Because they are keeping it competitive, Keep it balanced so that it takes just long enough to warrant it for impatient players. Not hard to understand there, this is business 101, you're talking fucking Activision man. The same old song and dance for a decade.
    And the heirlooms they've enchanted and prepared will still work, just it won't have the XP buff and instead have some other perk we don't know what will be yet. Also, why would they be doing that now? We're at least 4-5 months away from the release of the expansion. Unless someone is literally new to WoW since BFA I'm sure they've used their heirlooms quite a bit of time and have gotten value out of them. Why would you provide refunds for something that could easily have already provided value to the player already?

Also, just because a system has existed for a decade doesn't mean its now immutable.

Are you really in this situation, are you just speculating on the behalf of others and using this issue as justification to get upset at Blizzard?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Die View Post
    While it was expensive to upgrade them, the player got something in return for the investment, and that was it made it easier to level for several expansions. There are people that spend millions of gold on AH items to help them compete in mythic raiding for ONE raiding tier, not even an entire expansion.
    Yes. People keep ignoring the existing value people have gotten out of their heirlooms. If they're spending all that money on heirlooms with the idea that maybe a year later they'll use them, that's pretty silly. Don't upgrade your heirlooms until you need to use them to level.

They will probably put:

-Mount speed
    -Movement speed
    -Hearthstone cooldown
    -Flight Master speed
    -Repair cost reduce
    -Reputation gain
    -Corpse run speed

on it.

Everthing only working sub level 60 so people dont swap gear while mounting or repairing.

Quote Originally Posted by cigawoot View Post

TL;DR - Yes removing the XP sucks but its kinda necessary, otherwise an already fast leveling experience in Shadowlands will become stupidly fast. We should just wait and see what Blizzard replaces the XP bonus with before grabbing our pitchforks.
    But the whole point of heirlooms was to level up stupidly fast. Why do I buy and use heirlooms? To get a new character as fast as possible to max level without paying 60$ for a boost. If they remove the xp bonus they should bump up the stats to be rediculous to speed up leveling at least a little bit.

Even with the xp bonus you're already switching gear all the time because some quest reward procs and most dungeon gear is just better and with BFA azerite gear is so powerful that it's better to kill stuff without heirlooms and put them on only for turning in quests.

sigh. i have LITERALLY just upgraded a bunch of heirlooms to 120 less then a week ago. RIGHT before the announcement. FML.

if they are going to remove the xp bonus, then those looms should at LEAST scale to the best possible gear you can have at whatever level you are at. the ONLY reason to wear them over quest drops etc was that xp bonus.

edited to add, as for pvp - they seem to scale all kinds of things differently for pvp, so...

As someone who recently upgraded his heirlooms while leveling his second clothy in a decade, I can tell you that I would have in no way spent that much gold if I knew it was only going to be effective on that single character. 110-120 is not THAT painful, but I figured I might as well since I'd be leveling other clothies in the future. I did not get the proper return on the investment I made.

That being said...if leveling is indeed shortened to 10-20 hours (I could get to 1-120 in 24 pre-100% bonus), then essentially they've just baked heirloom exp into the leveling experience and made it free for all newcomers. End of the day, as long as I don't need to spend more than 10-20 hours leveling to get to the expansion content then I am happy.

I.e. I spent gold for a shorter leveling experience on my clothies. Whether it's through heirloom bonus or complete leveling revamp, I don't care.
    Last edited by Lefrog; 2020-07-13 at 05:10 AM.

To be honest the only fair thing to add back is probably movementspeed. Like a lot of it. All heirlooms equipped = 200%. Stacking with mountspeed.

10+ Year Old Account
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    Or..get this, give them the gold. Period, done. Who cares if someone you don't know gets gold back?
    Because not everyone has the same number of heirlooms and you would need some way to fairly determine the amount? If it turns out people all either got the same amount or a random amount, people would be angry at that. The fact you don't understand this simple concept is pretty sad.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

Yes, they are doing this purely to sell more boosts since it will slow people down. Regardless, I don't even care about the XP going away but people deserve their gold back. I can guarantee people bought up a ton of upgrades for alts in preparation for Shadowlands and now they're screwed out of the bonus they paid for.

Refund the gold, let people buy them back if the upgrades are worth it.
    They're not doing it to sell more boosts. They're removing it and making a baseline time to level which is actually FASTER than it currently is even WITH heirlooms.

- Movement speed (walk / mount / corpserun / swim)
    - out of combat reg (life/mana)
    - cheat death
    - flightmaster whistle function in all areas
    - water walking / underwater breathing
    - quicker mounting
    - increase drop quality proc chance

I would love to see anything that would make you kill even faster like a boost to your damage output, essentially like a free enchant effect. Etc etc.
    What I would really love to see (not that I think it will happen) is tier sets. So 3-4 items in the set, get bonuses kinda like the old days of WoW with set bonuses.

Another thing I would love but again don't think it would happen is like a speed increase per kill, similar to beartartar just without having to make/buy the food.
    I'd even be happy with reputation gains or gold per kill. Again I don't think this would happen but I'd love it if it did.

I personally do not mind about the XP removal text from the items because it's actually getting better. Shadowlands levelling is already baseline faster so we have not lost any gold and if anything the new bonuses might make us even better. Heirlooms are already overpowered and u kill much easier so heres hoping it is all around better.

Just my thoughts

Movement speed increase would be nice, a proc that increases it if you receive XP after a kill -- doesn't work in BGs and maybe Dungeons. Make questing faster running between mobs then.
    Last edited by Daedius; 2020-07-13 at 10:05 AM.

Thank god they are gone. Leveling is so fast now after the squish.

13 hours to 50.

No need to XP buff. And if they are bad Ilvl wise to even better. Maybe there is a sense of progression again. Getting Gear.
    And yes i know i don't have to use it. But i do. Least resitance and such^^ Same with flying. Bad for the game but i still use it because it makes everythign so easy. Too easy. Same with people wanting covenants locked. You are not forced to change your covenant. But if you don't have the ability you are not tempted.

Give it 100% rep buff below 50.

Finally complete all the heirloom sets with boots, bracers and stuff and just put some bonuses like the old tier sets. Maybe things like +X% of your primary stat or +X% movement speed or +X% dodge or +X% health/mana regen ooc. That kind of stuff that makes you level faster by being stronger instead of giving you more exp.

Of course these things should stop working when you reach max level to prevent stupid situations, but otherwise as long as heirlooms keep scaling with my level, even if they no longer are the absolute best pieces of gear I can get, I don't really care what they add.

In the end to me the thing about heirlooms always was not having to worry about gear upgrades anymore.

Maybe something like mounted speed, Double the rested buff window or shorter hearthstonde cd?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quite like a previous suggestion of increased rested xp.. But other than could be bonuses to secondary stats? Or on use proccs like increased intellect for X amount of time? If they do nothing they probably will end up sidelined for certain quest/dungeon gear

Set boni is a cool idea I read here. They could make that bonus into a minor version of stuff that we get in Shadowlands from covenants or legendaries. That way you kinda get the feeling of what it could be like in endgame when you're leveling an alt.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would love to see something in lines of those below and with the heirlooms stopping their effects around lvl 59 or so, even level 50 seems reasonable to stop the effects from working.
    * rested XP boost
    * being able to fly ALWAYS when dead
    * movement speed boost after killing blow
    * being able to gather items while mounted
    * flightmaster whistle