Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Beast Wars is so infinitely superior it's difficult to compare them.

I enjoyed the First Season of Beast Machines though, but the show went horribly sideways after that. The idea of a Megatron who'd "won" is always a good storyline to explore, and the show did a fair job handling and expanding a lot of Transformers lore, even if some of that lore expanded into "we need to make peace with organics" bullshit.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunseeker View Post

I enjoyed the First Season of Beast Machines though, but the show went horribly sideways after that. The idea of a Megatron who'd "won" is always a good storyline to explore, and the show did a fair job handling and expanding a lot of Transformers lore, even if some of that lore expanded into "we need to make peace with organics" bullshit.
    I've found that techno-organic shift quite interesting in fact. I mean in Beast Wars, the Transformers got to acquire organic forms to protect their circuits from overloading in the saturated energon atmosphere of primitive Earth. In Beast Machines, the organic and technologic have fused (or is it technology that became so complex as to take the appearance of life?). I believe it's a "natural" and interesting development. Of course, there was an ecological undertone to the story. And Megatron was pretty much the Borg Queen, with his drones and a will to create "harmony" (which means that he is everything on Cybertron). While the Maximal resistance was about freedom and spirituality. Of course it's also about self-sacrifice, and Optimus Primal is pretty much the Redeemer of Cybertron (like in Transformers: Prime).
    "Je vous répondrai par la bouche de mes canons!"

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Only ever watched Beast Wars. That was the last line of half decent Transformers toys too, and the quality was hit or miss as far as durability went.

Quote Originally Posted by Jotaux View Post
    After the first season I find it holds up better.
    Definitely, I still need enjoy it though haha.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    Only ever watched Beast Wars. That was the last line of half decent Transformers toys too, and the quality was hit or miss as far as durability went.
    The toys quality went down the lane quite fast, even in G-1. The first batch was very well done, with die-cast metal parts and rubber wheels. The toys were sturdier. The second one was not bad either (which introduced the Dinobots and the Constructicons). Compare Soundwave with Blaster and you already see a decline in quality. But the third one, where they introduced Rodimus Prime and Galvatron (or was it the one after with the targetmasters and headmasters?) were pretty poor compared to the first line. No more metal parts, the plastic was cheap and the wheels were in plastic. Can't really tell afterwards since I was too old to care for the toys anymore.

7+ Year Old Account
    I liked both of them but Beast Wars was much better.

Quote Originally Posted by Sunseeker View Post

I never really understood how Megatron was able to take over the entire planet.

10+ Year Old Account
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    Beast Wars better, Beast Machines had a lot of weird choices.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

10+ Year Old Account
    I didn't mind that it wasn't explained, but something something he fell off during Transwarp which left him in the past so I suspect he arrived on Cybertron when it was weaker after the Great War and he basically had future knowledge. Kinda a Back to the Future 2 Biff Tannen something something.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

10+ Year Old Account
    During their return to Cybertron, Megatron freed himself mid-way and arrived way before the Maximals. He released a virus that quickly spread through Cybertron and disabled all Cybertronians. Megatron then extracted their sparks and kept them for himself. To help him conquer the planet, he created an army of mindless drones, the Vehicons, out of the bodies of the disabled transformers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wars by miles, holy shit. Pity the PS1 game was such trash.

I miss these two stupid spiders like you wouldn't believe.

Megatron: Well? Come on, lets have it. The usual destiny and honor speech.
    Optimus: Speech this! *PUNCH*
    Retail sucks. Classic sucks. No positivity, only negative feedback. Why is everybody so damn miserable? Must be somebody else's fault, it couldn't possibly be my INSANELY TOXIC ATTITUDE.

10+ Year Old Account
    I preferred Beast Wars. I watched Beast Machines to the end while it was on TV but it just wasn't as good. Beast Wars had more interesting conflict and some real cool designs like dragon Megatron, Tigerhawk, Dinobot clone, etc.

7+ Year Old Account
    Beast wars was fucking awesome, i remember a few things but love the whole animals becoming robots things as a kid.

i enjoyed the best machines in a degree, i liked how "evolved" in a sort of way, but i think it was too disjointed with the old one, lots of things didn't make sense for a sequel to me, and the designs weren't that great either, also, lots of characters/animals i liked in the first didn't make it to the b-machines that was trash
    Last edited by Syegfryed; 2020-07-27 at 04:53 AM.

They were both hideous abominations and not worth of the Transformers name. Only thing worse was the New Adventures of He-Man.