Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Blizzard should take inspiration from Saint Seiya for new armor sets

Whether your familiar with the hit anime series Saint Seiya, mostly popular in Japan, Europe, and Latin Americas, Masami Kurumada's talent and art style to create distinct armor sets is unrivaled. This is a huge untapped resource of inspiration for Blizzard I feel, to create new armor sets going forward. Kurumada created unique armor sets for more than 200 characters, inspired not only by astrology, but Greek myth in its entirety. Here are some examples.

Aries, The Ram and Taurus, The Bull. I could see Tauren and Highmountain Paladins rocking similar armor sets.

Gemini, The Twins. Explore humanity and The Light's duality.

Cancer, rotten to the core and evil. Warlocks, anyone?

Leo, heart of a lion. Heart of a Warrior?

Virgo, The Virgin, pure and transcendent. Priest, anyone?

Libra, balanced, and an arsenal of Chinese weapons. Perfect for The Monk.

Scorpio. Cunning, swift, bloodthirsty and potentially merciful. The Rogue.

The Centaur, half-man, half-horse. The bowman. Obviously, The Hunter.

Capricorn, a skilled swordsman ready to impale any evildoer, just like a true Warrior.

Aquarius, commander of ice and water. Mage or shaman, take your pick.

Pisces, I could see this as a Shaman set.

Death Knights, look no further. For the Blood Elf Death Knights, I bring you the Death Fairy.

If we had a Bard class? The Lyra.

Perseus, rocking the legendary shield of Medusa. A Warrior with a shield that turns the targets to stone for 4 seconds sounds awesome.

The Dragon, another potential Monk set.

Andromeda, pure and sacrificial for the greater good. Chains with life of their own, or moved by The Light? A feminine Priest armor set.

The Cygnus, graceful and right at home in the ice. A mage cloth set.

Lastly, The Pegasus. This set looks like it could look good on a Warrior.

Obviously I'm not saying Blizzard should straight up rip off aesthetics of a trademarked anime, but The Horoscope and Greek Myth cannot be trademarked, and they could easily take inspiration from there as Kurumada did for his armor sets.

7+ Year Old Account
    No. No they should not.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Can you imagine a primitive orc, tauren, or troll in such elegant and shining sets? Sacrilege.
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    Can you imagine a primitive orc, tauren, or troll in such elegant and shining sets? Sacrilege.
    I bring you Fenrir, The Nordic Wolf armor set. Hunched and everything.

--- snip ---
    Last edited by Aucald; 2020-07-14 at 06:15 PM. Reason: Removed Meme Image

7+ Year Old Account
    I would rather they never made armor sets again then make something that looks like this.

Yeah hard no from me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, that's gonna be a no for me as well, dawg.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

I would say the first one could work for a Monk perhaps but the rest are kinda insane, plus I don't want my huge Dwarf dick flopping out when I am trying to tank a boss.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm gonna give you a YES from me, but only cause I love Saint Seiya. I dont think they fit WoW too much though, but with some work I can see them fit. We already have a Yeti xmog, so at this point anything goes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah. Sorry. I like gold but no thanks.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by Greyfang View Post
    I'm gonna give you a YES from me, but only cause I love Saint Seiya. I dont think they fit WoW too much though, but with some work I can see them fit. We already have a Yeti xmog, so at this point anything goes.
    Thanks! Was thinking the same thing. lol

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    God no, they should take a lesson from Jojo if anything

This is thread is exactly why drugs are illegal.

Of all the armor in anime and manga you chose saint seiya.. what is wrong with you?
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

There could be 100 yeti transmogs and I would still say no to this.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    Of all the armor in anime and manga you chose saint seiya.. what is wrong with you?
    Well opinions are subjective, but for the sake of discussion, name one? Mind you, as many distinct armor sets, not just 3 super awesome looking armor sets!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by SerratedEdge252 View Post
    Lmao true. This is terrible.
    Do you have your own opinion, or do you just echo trash responses?

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    That'll be a no from me. That seems more fitting For FFXIV IMO. A lot of the gold sets in those pictures look the same to me. I don't like them at all.
    Horde always.

Hard, hard, hard pass.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    Well opinions are subjective, but for the sake of discussion, name one? Mind you, as many distinct armor sets, not just 3 super awesome looking armor sets!
    I can't really be arsed to look up a bunch of generic armor designs, but virtually anything on https://www.pinterest.de/fir3br8nd/anime-armor/ or https://www.pinterest.de/katarinamarovic/anime-armor/, despite being generic as fuck, would look better than the barely distinguishable 80's gold-swirly-muscle-plate with spandex you posted. A more notworthy mentions might be stuff like Guts' berserker armor or the one griffith wore if you want a more light-side touch. They would at least somewhat fit Wow's aesthetic (even if it was pretty much just FFXIV at that point..).
    Last edited by Cosmic Janitor; 2020-07-13 at 11:45 PM.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.