Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Tradu View Post
    Always do as every spec, Shadow is still frustrating and doesn't function well in that type of content.
    I've yet to see any problems with my shadow as soon as I started to feed him some Ghoulash. He is only 455ish, but can easily clear visions with it. I even pull like a mad man, spaming vamp (with SW: P talent) going into voidform.
    Either way, pulling much is not the "way to win" strat. The timer is a non issue as soon as you are at R15 and got gift. Playing safer is IMO the better way to deal with visions.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tradu View Post
    Barrier is essentially healing, and during Lucid + Combustion you can't die.
    I've to disaggree with the latter. Even a Tank can die while staying inside some stuff - or get cc'd. Ofc, one should still playing mechanics, but I've seen some people dying to really stupid stuff.

erm...ok? I started super late, caught up with everything and now i'm not doing those anymore....i never really had any issues with that. The slow one was annoying as hell.

Suppose it fall in the "BfA did everything late" category.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

While this is a welcome change, what I think they need to do is reign in Rexxar a bit in difficulty. I have yet to manage a 5 mask run because I always die on Rexxar no matter what I do. Playing as Shadow Priest certainly isn't making things better of course, there is not enough time to do enough damage before you get overwhelmed.
    At this point it just feels like a waste of vessels to even try it again after having died at Rexxar so many times.

Quote Originally Posted by jlrm365 View Post
    Give people "I win" buttons and all the loot, when those are clicked. That'll be even easier.
    I managed the 5 mask solo clears pre nerf, when Split Personality and Leaden Foot were out.
    (Those are not difficult for some, as Scorched Feet is not difficult to me, but they were for me.)
    I'm in a casual guild and so only PUG Mythic+ up to 17. I DON'T want them to be made easier, though.
    There's nothing special in overcoming a challenge that has been tuned down to your level.
    Nobody said they were difficult, they're just stupidly annoying and simply not fun to deal with. Again, not difficult. It is absolutely fine to change things that just aren't fun and I for one, who also cleared 5 masks long ago (it's not difficult, you saying "pre-nerf" means naff all lol), am happy about this change.

OT: As always, a welcomed but stupidly late change.

Quote Originally Posted by Feigr View Post
    While this is a welcome change, what I think they need to do is reign in Rexxar a bit in difficulty. I have yet to manage a 5 mask run because I always die on Rexxar no matter what I do. Playing as Shadow Priest certainly isn't making things better of course, there is not enough time to do enough damage before you get overwhelmed.
    At this point it just feels like a waste of vessels to even try it again after having died at Rexxar so many times.
    Have you looked up any guides? Your best bet is just making sure you procc Gift right as you pull / have it up from one of the first pigs. Take the DPS easy on Rexxar and deal with the pigs immediately using CC and nuking them. Once they're gone it's easy.
    Last edited by Soisoisoi; 2020-07-14 at 09:41 AM.

I never had problems with either of those. The forced movement of Scorched Feet has always bothered me far more. The only thing that makes Scorched Feet bearable is the fact that the madness effects it's paired with are barely noticeable.
    Quote Originally Posted by AZSolii View Post
    "yes, let's piss him off because he loves his long hair. Let us twirl our evil mustaches amidst the background music of honky-tonk pianos! GENIUS!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Culexus View Post
    Yes i hate those sneaky account thieves that come to my house and steal my computer in order to steal some wow money! Those bastards! *shakes fist*

Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Split personality should have another exit instead of a time reduction. The amount of times that piece of shit effect blocks your way is just stupid.

don't understand why nerfing horrific visions. if you can't beat them with 5 mask you're just bad.

are you using this weakaura? https://wago.io/23q54wiYR
    it keeps track of when the gift of titans CD is ready, then it CAN proc on next mob kill, not sure what the proc chance is, but its pretty high.

rexxar pigs spawn when he reach certain HP%, the 1st one is at 85, if gift procs on first pig you can just go full tunnel mode on rexxar, since youre immune to sanity loss. 2nd pig spawns at 70%, 3rd and 4th at 60% at same time iirc.
    you can also take the pigs down one by one slow and steady.

Quote Originally Posted by Hobbselle View Post
    don't understand why nerfing horrific visions. if you can't beat them with 5 mask AND 470 ITEM LEVEL you're just bad.
    Just a little fix

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Esper View Post
    If they nerf it, kinda invalidates the work of all the people that 5 mask solo cleared before this point.
    Not really. There was significant value in being able to clear this months ago.

The people arriving "late to the party" might be getting it a lot easier, but they also missed out on most of the party (and fun). This nerf is nothing more than a consolation prize for those who missed out on the main prize - getting to beat the content while it was new and fresh. So let's just stop pretending that it's more than it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Bloodyleech View Post
    I've yet to see any problems with my shadow as soon as I started to feed him some Ghoulash. He is only 455ish, but can easily clear visions with it. I even pull like a mad man, spaming vamp (with SW: P talent) going into voidform.
    Either way, pulling much is not the "way to win" strat. The timer is a non issue as soon as you are at R15 and got gift. Playing safer is IMO the better way to deal with visions.

- - - Updated - - -

I've to disaggree with the latter. Even a Tank can die while staying inside some stuff - or get cc'd. Ofc, one should still playing mechanics, but I've seen some people dying to really stupid stuff.
    Of course the timer is a non-issue, but going faster is still better because it means you spend less time in visions. Is playing slower higher success rate? Yes, but it also means spending 30 min in a vision instead of 15-20, and when running like 15 a week that really adds up.

- - - Updated - - -

Just take it slow, kill 1 boar at a time. There's no reason you'd get overwhelmed unless you play wrong.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    It sounds like your problem with Rexxar is that you're trying to nuke him down while ignoring the adds. Because the boars spawn when Rexxar reaches set health percentage, the trick is to actually focus less on damaging him fast, and focus instead on burning the boars as they spawn. Do that and the fight is a lot easier.

Also, as others have said, once you understand how Gift of the Titans works, you can make sure that killing your first boar procs it, and that makes the encounter almost trivial.

Quote Originally Posted by Kveldulv View Post
    Just a little fix
    Ilevel really isn't as big as you think. Playing the mechanics and having the research is much more important.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

I don't mind the nerf at all but it I also feel it's kind of pointless now. Maybe for returning players It will make a difference, but for the most part everyone who was going to clear a 5 mask run already did so. It's been months since this content was released. A bit weird to change it now

Just a little fix
    450 ilvl with proper corruptions, essences and traits will do much better than 470 ilvl with random junk. Also, gearing up to about 470-475 ilvl isn't hard at all in 8.3, just time consuming.
    Armory Link
    Mount Collection

Everything wrong with gamers in one sentence:
    Quote Originally Posted by Cavox View Post
    I want Activision-Blizzard to burn, but for crimes against gaming, not because they got me too'd.

Quote Originally Posted by Teroch View Post
    Scorched feet is a non-affix. Hell, it's a benefit if you don't mongo it. Feet burning, stop spazzing out, point yourself in the direction you want to go and move one step. You just leapt 15 yards, and you didn't even leave any burning bridge trail behind you.
    Doesn't work that way when you have the other affixes messing with you + mobs AoE stuff etc. it is really fun beeing forced to move to then get scorch feet into split personality for example. It just doesn't work the way you want it to be for 100% all the time. And when (not if.. when) it happens it is annoying as fuck. (maybe doesn't count for DH, you can just dodge, dash, jump around eveything without any effort tho)

Just a little fix
    Lol. If you think you need 470ilvl for 5 mask and thats whats holding you back, you are bad. No way around it.

Quote Originally Posted by thilicen View Post
    Split personality should have another exit instead of a time reduction. The amount of times that piece of shit effect blocks your way is just stupid.
    Especially in SW. Those pokey little passageways and tunnels can fuck right off.

Quote Originally Posted by Elevenmad View Post
    Yeah " six months after the content was released" if you can't get through the content after 6 months of gear upgrades then YOUR doing something wrong NOT the content. Just more cry babys and lazy people wanting high gear rewards with little to no effort, disgusting.
    This change is for alts or catch up for returning people, the mains have already cleared it long ago.

Quote Originally Posted by nodq View Post
    Doesn't work that way when you have the other affixes messing with you + mobs AoE stuff etc. it is really fun beeing forced to move to then get scorch feet into split personality for example. It just doesn't work the way you want it to be for 100% all the time. And when (not if.. when) it happens it is annoying as fuck. (maybe doesn't count for DH, you can just dodge, dash, jump around eveything without any effort tho)
    You can't have scorch feet and split personality simultaneously, as they are locked to different areas. Either way I get you point. Sometimes you just have to move because of mob abilities or something and then scorch feet can easily make things worse. Something I did when I progressed through visions and difficulties (moving up to 5 masks clear) was keeping movement to an absolut minimum. Ususally people always step left and right (in raid for example) for no reason, which can get to a really bad habit.

Back to the topic. I don't know why people don't like this change/nerf. Sure people with good gear, corruptions etc. cleared 5 masks just fine before the nerf, but for new or returning players this is a welcome change (although probably too late). It was basically the same with mage tower which didn't ramp in difficulty as we progressed in patches, so at the end of legion it became much easier as soon as you outgeared it or had the right legendaries to cheese it. Sure you may have done it before it came simple. But if your epeen is becoming such a large hit because it gets easier for other players now, you may have to work on your self-confidence.

It seems Blizzard's entire idea of difficulty in recent years is "make it really annoying to move".

How hard these things are depends entirely on the class you play. Seeing Torghast makes me think it will be more of the same.