Poll: Which era of wow sucked most?

Page 2 of 52 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    The only expansion I had to quit was Cataclysm. World Revamp did not deliver, end game content was barren, literally no plot other than "evil dragon broke the world, please fix".

I know WoD should get the vote but I stayed throughout the expansion and its content and as horribly boring and lonely it ended up being I had an alright time making gold, alts and finishing rep grinds. Not as great as MoP was but satisfactory whereas Cataclysm has nothing going for it. End game zones split up so far apart you spent more time flying to Hyjal than it did to do the dailies and when you did your 15 for the day, you had nothing else to do.
    "They will come for us now, all of them" "Let them come, Frostmourne The Banshee Queen hungers."

7+ Year Old Account
    WoD was the worst one

But BfA killed my hype for anything afterwards
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

1 BfA
    2 BfA
    3 BfA
    4 BfA
    5 BfA
    Everything this expansion has brought is detrimental to my every future enjoyment.

tie between bfa and wod

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    How the hell is SL in this? And just for being nitpicky...Vanilla was not an x-pac.

But yeah..Cata for me

- - - Updated - - -

While WoD comes second to me after Cata...I wonder what y'all did at lv 60, 70 in Vanilla or TBC that kept you entertained if it wasn't raiding?

With all the hate BfA gets, at least you can progress your characters and alts in alternate ways.
    literally anything else? pvp(arenas etc.), dungeons, raids, professions.. considering that in tbc all raids were relevant, just like in vanilla

you don't need a huge amount of turd boring content to have fun.. i used to duel and do arenas 24/7

Quote Originally Posted by Lilithvia View Post
    whatever expansion is currently in alpha/beta always gets dragged into this.
    BFA was accurately predicted to be a bad expansion in the post-legion poll.
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...orst+expansion
    This one yeah? I do think we'll see WoD and BfA being closer this time around.

Legion and BfA both equally. As a Shadow Priest, and as a Collector.

Absolutely loathe Void Form and Insanity mechanic, and all the collectibles [Mounts and Toys] as a low drop rate from Paragon caches. Legion completely burnt me out going after the mounts.
    Last edited by Daedius; 2020-07-14 at 06:02 PM.

I'd have to go with WoD, aside from making a ton of gold, it was kind of like Star Trek Voyager to me, the potential was there, they just never really made it live up to that potential, and I wasn't a raider, so there wasn't a lot to do except level alts to turn them into gold mules.

How the hell is SL in this? And just for being nitpicky...Vanilla was not an x-pac.

But yeah..Cata for me

- - - Updated - - -

While WoD comes second to me after Cata...I wonder what y'all did at lv 60, 70 in Vanilla or TBC that kept you entertained if it wasn't raiding?

With all the hate BfA gets, at least you can progress your characters and alts in alternate ways.
    In vanilla and TBC you still had reps to farm on, dungeons with gear and attunements for busy work. Outside of launch, Wod had nothing going for it in dungeons except Challenge modes which a small percentage ever did.

Its a toss up between Cata and WoD for me. Cata is where the game started to go on a downward spiral and completely streamlined the game, on top of that also destroyed the old world which is why we had to ask for Classic servers. WoD was just lacking content and added very little new (no new race or class), it was just a raid or die expansion.

As bad as BFA is at least it kept up a nice pace of content and there was always something to do. Legion also has its flaws but has done things better than BFA.

Best expansions in order (not counting vanilla since its not an expansion) is WotLK > TBC > MoP

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by flowski View Post
    wow this sounds extremely fun stuff to do
    It was certainly more fun than running warfronts/islands/horrific visions. Classes played way, waaaaaay better, and raids were top notch, far better than anything in BfA except maybe BoD. Too bad that there was literally nothing else to do, because Blizzard, at the time, was !@#$ing around with the idea of yearly expansions, which exploded in their faces.

Btw, including SL in the poll is a bit weird... Sure, there are several things I don't like so far about it, but it's a bit too early to make that kind of call, isn't it?
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

I'm kinda curious why Shadowlands is mentioned in the poll. The majority of us haven't even played it and it's in beta as we speak.

With that said, I voted WoD. As a person who haven't raided since Pandaria, I felt that I had very little to do in Draenor. Not to mention I thought it would be a mess for the lore to have alternate universes. I disliked the zones, the music, the dungeons. Nothing except a really well designed questing experience and some decent class designs has me thinking of WoD as something positive. I also think it was the first time I actually dropped my subscription, despite playing since mid Vanilla

Regarding the lore: I was actually confused when I subscribed again in the end of WoD as of why suddenly Yrel was this mighty character. It took a video of Belular (I think that was his name) about how Shattrath apparantly got scrapped and that we were missing a whole raid. I know all expansions and Vanilla has cut some content, but this one really left me confused about the expansions lore

WOD without question 1 Major patch, the death of being social in a mmo, so many removed features it was utterly gutted, broken promises "We promise guys garrisons arnt important" it felt more like a filler patch to get us Guldan for legion

BfA vs. WoD is like a real race to the bottom.

And one of those aspects that often gets overlooked as far as BfA is concerned: Themes of the expansion.

BfA had like four different pre established themes and virtually nailed none of them.

There won't be a South sea expansion with Kul Tiras / Zandalar at its core, nor will Nazjatar play any significant role in the future, the faction is also off the table.
    And finally: The Black Empire.

A theme that people have been waiting for a really long time, along N'zoth, who has been hinted at for so long, his damn underling, Deathwing, even got his own expansion.
    And N'zoth...? Doesn't even appear in full force until the last patch and accomplishes virtually nothing while he's freed, no stab wound like Sargeras, no "looming" threat like the LK.

N'zoth was supposed to be the climax of every Old God related Theme we had (besides Sha), C'thun in AQ, Yogg in Ulduar, Deathwing in Cata.
    And it ended in a single Patch.

People that place WoD below BfA have the right to do so, but seeing that many pre established themes getting wasted on BfA is a real lowblow for me.
    Last edited by Kralljin; 2020-07-14 at 06:24 PM.

Bfa. Wod had less content and gear scaled so high dungeons really became meaningless, but you had challenge modes, and you had functioning pvp reward system, and you didnt need to pve to pvp or vice versa. It had passable outdoors too, whats with those 100% apexis zones not being completely trivial to solo.

Most of all, you had fun, engaging classes who didn't need rental power.

BFA has non of that, so even good additions like m+ fall flat because of how pruned classes became. But BFA has alottt of subpar design to go along with that, it's the definitive "winner".

WoD. It wasn't ALL bad though, I actually enjoyed raiding more in WoD than I did in Wotlk and Cata, to me the overall quality of the raids was just higher. However I can't really say much else positive because outside the raids it just felt kinda empty.

Objectively wod.
    Subjectively bfa.
    Alt unfriendlyness the main reason.

For me, Warlords of Draenor by a large margin. I hated the garison stuff and really just felt like there wasn't a lot to do.

Also why is Shadowlands an option. lol

Fair enough to say you might not have had that in WoD (though there was Laughing Skull rep and others, rares to hunt for mount drops...not sure if I really pursued that many reps in Classic...Timbermaw is kinda memorable.) - but..anyhow...that is WoD. I mean...I did raid in Vanilla...and if I hadn't...rep and dungeons wouldn't have kept me happy. Not if it is about gearing your character with better and better gear.

Are people trying to tell us the dungeons were so much fun, they just ran it for shits and giggles? In TBC, I eventually rand them for badges...also and especially on alts, because the attunements were (IMHO) such a shit show that they kept my alts from ever even getting into raids. Luckily raiding on one character was enough for me as a time sink back then.
    People did a lot of dungeons in TBC because gear from the dungeons themselves were actually stronger than Karazhan raid gear in the start + it actually had some iconic gear for a lot of classes. Magisters terrace and Mechanar springs to mind to just name a few

15+ Year Old Account
    I still can't believe anyone could say bfa (or any other exp) is worse than wod. You need to be extremely biased to say wod was better.