Poll: Which era of wow sucked most?

Page 20 of 52 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    No, I don't. Unfortunately players have changed. I don't think, that badge runs would be so popular today, as they were back then. While Timewalks are as popular, just ordinal heroic runs aren't. But who knows...
    "Unfortunately," eh? Do you wish to at least exercise the minute possibility that the reason the game has changed may also be because, as you admit, the players have changed?

At least WoD had somewhat competent PvP and you could play alts without the ridiculousness added on in each patch of BfA.

BfA is by far the worst, imo. It's the only expansion where I've had this little interest in playing.

Quote Originally Posted by RAWRF View Post
    I will answer this the same as I always do. Wrath of the Lich King. Thats when they started catering to the hyper casuals and dumbed down EVERYTHING.
    100%. While I stayed on the raiding train through mop mostly, it's a game where I enjoy just gold making now. Why bother with content that is too easy and if you want something just buy it

Mists of Pandaria or Legion. Both expansions ran like shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Laqweeta View Post
    BfA.

Shareholders were prioritized over EVERYTHING else and it showed, hard.
    Classes were shit
    The grinds were absolute rubbish

I'll take WoD with it's playable classes and PvP vendors over BfA.
    The shareholders would prefer good classes. You know that right? They want the best possible game. They also want those grindable systems that keep players coming back. Would you invest in a game that is shit with the repeatable grind or a game that is good with the repeatable grind? To say that shareholders are the reason the classes were trash is just dishonest. That's on blizzard.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sifsih View Post
    100%. While I stayed on the raiding train through mop mostly, it's a game where I enjoy just gold making now. Why bother with content that is too easy and if you want something just buy it
    Are you implying that the game is too easy so you use an easier way to gear up? If you're not going to bother with easy content why use an easier way to get the end result? I think you mean that the content is too hard compared to just buying gear so you just buy it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

Another year passes, and it's another year where WoD is the worst expansion.

Sure, BFA and Cataclysm are hot on its heels for various reasons. But still, none compare to the sheer amount of concentrated suck that was WoD at every single level of the game besides raids, and it had fewer of these than is usual to boot.

Quote Originally Posted by SerratedEdge252 View Post
    I miss MoP

- - - Updated - - -

I'm actually sad I never got on that train, I think it was the inn that gave the lucrative treasure missions at rank 3? The sad part is I had it removed before getting rank 3 so I don't know how much the missions even gave or how they came up lol. To be honest, I had more fun playing then even thinking about that.

In bfa I felt more compelled to run old raids and dungeons (I was even able to solo Highmaul in legion progressively that was funny But hard as butcher would/will still kill you at 4 or 5 stacks but) for gold then play any content in BFA. That's sad. While WoD was the opposite, it just felt good being in the game knowing your class design and just playing it wasn't shit.
    I feel you man. I was working out of town for both MoP and WoD so I missed out on the gold train, the legendary cloak questline and challenge mode transmog sets. BFA has been pretty okay for me as well as someone that quit in 8.0 and only just returned in 8.3. I've gained 56 mounts since returning in 8.3 lol. Now is definitely the best time to be farming those mounts and achievements. Herald of the Titans is worth doing as well IMO just in case they remove it in SL.

Cataclysm, with BFA as a close second.

WoD had great raids and dungeons, but it was half of an expansion. But raiding is my favorite thing to do in this game which is why it outranks the other two.

Firelands was the only decent raid in cata, I hated the world revamp, the leveling zones sucked (except twilight highlands, love that place), and the dungeons were all lame. I still hold the opinion that 4.3 was the worst content patch this game has ever seen (unless you count 2.2). Dragon Soul is the worst raid aesthetically and mechanically. The only redeeming thing about that patch was for rogues with those beautiful daggers.

With BFA I actually enjoyed leveling, Drustvar is one of my all time favorite zones. Also the raids/dungeons are decent. That's all the praise I can give it though. All of the azerite systems suck, PvP may just be the worst it's ever been, the faction war plot was handled poorly, and 8.3 almost feels as bad as 4.3. I actually like Nylotha and visions, but everything else sucks.

The worst thing about BFA though is the class design. I imagine if I didn't play Fury warr or Aff lock, this would be my least favorite expansion because every other spec is just awful.
    The proper waifu is a wholesome supplement for one's intrinsic need for belonging and purpose.

Quote Originally Posted by Accendor View Post
    I mean ofc they can do whatever they want, but it would really be a bad idea. N'zoth was shown as a very weak creature indeed with barely any influence at all. His overall impact on the world with 8.3 was abysmal and all the "fear" or respect that we had before is long gone now.

Like srsly, compare the death toll of the faction war and the general impact of it with the death toll of N'Zoths rising. Its is not even close. Not even a tiny bit.

- - - Updated - - -

Its pretty easy: BfA destroyed the very foundations of warcraft lore, so no wonder people hate it more.
    Wait, you want to say that BfA destroyed it more than WoD? They resurected all main horde leaders and we barely had anything from them... except from Guldan... Cmon, they demolished the whole aspect of powerfull Nerzhul, pscyho Kargath, badass Kilrogg, the best orc warrior Gromm had a 180°... forgot about Laughing skull... they invented some new protagonists that had no point at all... I don't even want to start at the Frostwolves fiasko, or even worse, Karabor... So again, CMON. In WoD they ruined the lore and since then, they are trying to fix it.

And, how exactly BfA destroyed the lore? They developed the story of already known characters and they did it good. Sure, some stuff was pushed to far... but in general, every zone added something to the lore, every "new" character fits.

Stood in the Fire ArkantosChampion's Avatar
    5+ Year Old Account
    Warlord of Draenor - tons of lags, bugs and less contents
    I'm a normal text, I'm a bold text.

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    It's a tie between WoD and BfA - both are the atrociusest.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

Quote Originally Posted by Domixux View Post
    Talking about bugged content in MoP though. The daily quest system was pretty grindy and only became alt friendly when the catch ups became available.
    Yeah, but that was about it. Everything else functioned the moment it hit live servers. That wasn't the case in WoD, Legion let alone BfA.
    WoD was as bad as it gets regarding bugged to the boot. Legion was a balancing nightmare with too many Legendaries and in BfA the mid xpac overhaul of a core system (HoA) left me speechless. BfA is the pinnacle of half-assed systems.

This is pretty tough for me. WoD's main issue was content and lack of it, but overall I think class design, pvp, and crafting were all better in WoD than BfA.

BfA's copious amount of content is the only thing that makes it redeemable. BfA's systems are pretty bad. Azerite Armor is everything wrong with legendaries from legion and then some, and corruption is incredibly broken. The content is all really solid though. I've loved the raids and the dungeons, and mythic+ is probably the funnest thing WoW has ever done in my opinion.

I think WoD wins out on worse just because there isn't enough good to out weight the bad. It's foundation was solid, but they fucked it up with the lack of content and garrisons making everything so bland. If WoD wasn't raid or die and had more reasons to go out and do things in the world and didn't just hand out free resources from the garrison, it'd probably be remembered a lot fonder.

BFA was phenomenally bad.
    like new all-female Ghostbusters bad.
    zug zug

what is it paladin, one zug is not enough for ya?

Quote Originally Posted by MasterOfNone View Post
    lore should be voluntary to the game. not obligatory.

10+ Year Old Account
    this again?
    WoD: a joke of content
    BFA is very strong competitor however, lot of content, but f8ck i hate even login on my main from the idiotic massive class butchering, i had more spells 11 years ago!
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

Quote Originally Posted by Kauko View Post
    Wait, you want to say that BfA destroyed it more than WoD? They resurected all main horde leaders and we barely had anything from them... except from Guldan... Cmon, they demolished the whole aspect of powerfull Nerzhul, pscyho Kargath, badass Kilrogg, the best orc warrior Gromm had a 180°... forgot about Laughing skull... they invented some new protagonists that had no point at all... I don't even want to start at the Frostwolves fiasko, or even worse, Karabor... So again, CMON. In WoD they ruined the lore and since then, they are trying to fix it.

And, how exactly BfA destroyed the lore? They developed the story of already known characters and they did it good. Sure, some stuff was pushed to far... but in general, every zone added something to the lore, every "new" character fits.
    1. Yes, the WoD lore was terrible too. However it was always possible to push it aside as "yeah, welp, alternate history yada, doesnt concern the main timeline".
    That changed however when Guldan came with us and initiated the legion events. All in all however, he was just a plot device. They could literally have used anybody else, it would not have mattered. Also: His MU lore did not get changed because of that. Yeah, there was a second Orc now that is called Guldan, but it is not the same.
    Still, I agree with you, it was terrible, but not as terrible as BfA, because...

2. There are so many problems with BfA, I don't even know where to start. First of all yes, every time hada good and fitting sorry. The main Problem cane with the war campaign and since this was the main story of BfA and affected everybody, it is IMO the most important.
    So what actually did BfA do?
    a) it turned the whole horde, including freaking tauren, into warmongering mass murderers. Before BfA the image most people had from the horde was something like savage outcasts who bonded together out of necessaty. Brutal in a way, but also honorable and valueing loyalty. The horde protects what they own and love fiercely with everything they have.
    BfA made it Canon that not only there is no honor in the horde (killing children and civilians), they also revel in gore and bloodshet (see e.g. Brennendam where they impaled civilians and made their children watch). Loyalty is also not worth anything, because Sylvanas gas bombed their own troups and while yes, a few individuals were upset about that, she still kept the overwhelming majority of the horde on her side.
    This also includes druids and shamans as well as characters like Rexxar and Voss.. BfA made it clear: the horde is evil to its core. It never was Garrosh or Sylvanas, it was its people.
    B) the whole alliance is made out of incompetent idiots. The attack on Undercity was lost right from the start, Anduin had no play for the plague, despite knowing how often Sylvanas uses it. After surviving this they go to attack Dazar Alor. This attack is fine, it is a legitimate target, but once they killed the king, they retreated "to give the zandalari time to mourne their kind", which not only resulted in a net loss and nearly killed Mekkatorque and Jaina, it also had zero impact on the horde warmashine AND immediately forged a bond between the zandalari and the horde.
    c) the whole peace making campaign made no sense. All this time, even as Nzoth emerged, the horde was the biggest, more imminent threat. Peace was something the worgen for example should never have agreedon.
    D) retcon of wrathgate
    E) nzoth rising basically meant nothing as apparently a freed old God is less dangerous than a imprisoned one.

I could continue for a while, but i am on my phone and i am lazy. This is literally just the tip of the iceberg.

7+ Year Old Account
    I voted Vanilla, because that's not even an expansion.

10+ Year Old Account
    For me it's a tie between Legion and BFA. I just don't like things like M+. There are some items that are BiS from instances (which I don't mind) but you have to farm them over and over again each time a new tier patch is out and that sucks imo. Yes Legion is in the end far better than BFA. Then it is the huge numbers we have now. I'm just getting tierd of watching the dmg meter and see like 6 different passive procs contributing to my overall dmg. That's why I play more classic now than retail. Sure it is easy as fuck but I can with ease follow the scrolling battle text. I miss the days when you would remember things like your highest crit etc. Now I just see a bunch of numbers scrolling by.

I'm a mythic raider so even tho WoD disapointed on many fronts, the raiding was amazing imo. Tbh raiding in all xpacks have been great. I started in wotlk and it just keeps getting better. However some of the systems they implemented with Legion and BFA is why I chose those two xpacks as the worst.

Considering all of what you mentioned can be handwaved away by going "lol, alternate universe" doesn't mean everything automatically applies to MU.

At the end of the day, due to WoD being a complete asspull, it's pretty easy to ignore.
    That doesn't make it good, just less bad.
    I've said in another post, the amount of themes that have been wasted on BfA is staggering.

People have been waiting since freaking Vanilla on Kul Tiras / Zandalar, yet both continents are forever tied to BfA.
    You can kiss the idea of any south sea expansion goodbye thanks to that.

Nazjatar, again something an entire expansion could have been centered around - a single patch and then it's irrelevant for anyone but the collectors.

Or take the Black Empire & N'zoth.
    If there is anything that has usually been met with a shred of positivity within the lore community, it was Old God related stuff.

N'zoth and the Black Empire are the culmination of that and yet it's been handled within a single patch, without N'zoth actually achieving anything.

Like, you have to think about this, BfA used themes that could have been used to produce like 3-4 expansions depending on how deep you want to go into it.

And meanwhile, Blizzard pulls expansions such as MoP, WoD, Legion (let's not forget the Broken Isles retcon) out of their hat, while wasting multiple, pre established themes on a single expansion that sucked.

Got to be WoD, BFA was a train wreck, but at least it had stuff to do.