Poll: Which era of wow sucked most?

Page 32 of 52 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Every time there's a new expac a majority in these forums change the worse to the current one (the one preceding the upcoming expac) regardless of their views prior to the announcement of the new expac.

Quote Originally Posted by kaminaris View Post
    Yep, we had that too. I was in quite mediocre but not too bad rank guild due to having a lots of raiding hours.

I didnt get my boots for 8 months despite doing every singe damn emissary, couple m+ a week, 800 raid bosses including lfr.
    RL used to check each person AP level and encouraged them to "farm more". Eventually only 3 people still play the game from original squad everyone else burned out during legion.

I have a friend who like to grind a tons. He used to be in top ~80 guild in the world and competed for top 100 AP level in world (from all characters).
    He quit after first Legion raid and only came back in BfA. His daily routine was to farm MoS from dusk til dawn.

In BfA i don't even do emissaries. BfA is legion done right.

Corruption is not even close as bad as legiondaries were. If you wanted to grind your bis one, you could do so in week.
    Since you are showered in loot anyways so it is bound to happen.
    And even if you had extremely bad luck, you could just farm gold from doing boosts and straight up buy one from AH.

Something that was not possible with legiondaries.
    If you got shit ones, your best bet was to level another of the same class or fucking buy account with real money cause there was no other option, especially where softcap was in place.
    There are so many lies and wrong info here its staggering.

Easily grind your bis corruption in one week?
    I have still not gotten BiS one because I tried for 4 months and quit when the vendor was up because progression was over. I used 4 months to get all legendaries from 24th of november 2016 to march 2017, same amount of time. Legendaries had bad luck protection. If you got bad luck just buy corruption from AH? Great system! Luckily legendaries lasted the whole expansion, worth the effort.

Good thing your old guildies didn't continue, think if they did 8.3. And its interesting to see that your friend quit in first raid. First of all, EN was the easiest raid since naxx wotlk. The tuning was insanely bad. Second of all, the only raid were the AP tuning were hard was in ToV. Its a shame though that your old guildies stopped in EN. From Nighthold AP and the weapon took a emissary or two to fill up the weapon which were 80% of rental power. Did you know Ion said they did a mistake with the weapon? He said players were done with the weapon too early. So they had to add minor stuff later on so players had something to progress. Doesn't really go well with your story.

You did two m+ and emissaries and the weekly raids in a week? So you barely did anything, explains a lot. I checked this before you know, because we discussed this before when you said we easily get bis azerite armor in a week What I found out was that I did 5 times as many mythic+ as you did, and 800 raid bosses in 8 months means you did one raid only in 3 difficulties each week. When Nighthold was current I did EN as well, those 30 minute leggo runs were awesome. So I did 50-60 bosses a week, 1400-1500 bosses or so in 8 months if you like. Your idea of effort is the most casual approach you can have. You did not even try to get them is the true result of your numbers.

Softcap lasted until start of November, 10 weeks after launch from where they also made so your two first leggos would come faster not long after the change. You don't say that you had to buy an account in start of 8.3 to get best corruption. Buy from AH in start of the patch? 3-4 million gold for one piece. Thats 320 euros for one piece. 640 for two. But you don't mention that do you. You might as well have bought yourself a new account.

You don't do emissaries you say. And why is that? Because there is no incentive to do so. Which isn't good you know. Having little to no incentive to do the content is one of the main reason so many quit in BfA. There is no incentive to do anything so people feel its doing chores to get where they want to go.

I get it though. You are very disingenounos when it comes to facts because you base it on feelings. You think demo lock in BfA is the best ever so the rest is just fillers. But now you benched your lock I've heard, strangely enough it was when the vendor came and you had to go hunter to join your new guild to get mythic N'Zoth(your discussion in the other thread was amusing) because your old guild couldn't. You obviously had to go BM Hunter because your demo lock doesn't scale so good with corruption, still its such a great system right. At least legendaries were spesific for your spec so it was easier to tune.

Talking about tuning, getting the correct corruption was way more important than getting correct Legendaries. You said legendaries were 4% of rental power in Legion. Your words, even though they were a bit more actually. Like 10-20%. But the difference in bis and worst was around 20% comparing them to each other, so more like 4-6% in actual difference in throughput. Some had more in the start, because legendaries were broken in the start for sure. How much does bis corruption do vs worst? Some does nothing for throughput because unlike legendaries, it doesn't boost your stats as in ilvl and extra secondary. One coruption can do up to 80% of your damage. So the difference in worst to best can be 80% of throughput. Still corruption is so much better right?

Vendor you say? Yeah leggos also got vendor, when progress was over, same as corruption. Hating legendaries for those reason you say makes you automatically hate corruption too because it was indeed worse objectivelly. The actual numbers make it so. You might find corruption more fun, which is all subjective, and that we can't argue.

BfA is nothing like Legion. Its a half-assed version of something they did good in Legion, but unfortunately failed to do in BfA, by their own admission. This poll shows a bit. But hey, so many quit so early in Legion right, so early they can't review it properly so they vote BfA instead.
    Last edited by Doffen; 2020-07-24 at 01:18 PM.

In truth, the absolute truth, I stopped having fun with the end of MoP. Since the start of WoD I had been just going due to inertia and having nothing to play in the long run.

I would say overall WOD, but BFA tails it quite closely.
    BFA you have some interesting mechanics, but the hamster wheel kills it for me... Still, at least you have something to do.
    WOD start was much better than BFA though, which pretty much launched as Beta for Azeroth.
    I may not be an overachiever, but my Druid is richer than half of Venezuela.

WoD, WoD, WoD and WoD, you can still see how utterly terrible it was thanks to TW

Quote Originally Posted by Leyre View Post
    WoD, WoD, WoD and WoD, you can still see how utterly terrible it was thanks to TW
    Yeah, I tried WoD tw once, I just couldn't do more. The only TW I can do is TBC because of the sheer amount of nostalgia. Maybe in 12 years I'll do WoD TW and think about how much I miss Slag Mines LOL!

7+ Year Old Account
    Best to worst for me:

Legion > MoP > WotLK > WoD = Cata (first two tiers were awesome, dragonsoul was garbage) > BFA > TBC

Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    I'll take that over how much was removed in WoD.

https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...rds-of-Draenor

I honestly think there was more content removed from WoD than what was in the game. and I get it, things get removed its apart of the development cycle but its more on the abundance of what was removed than things being removed in general that baffles me.
    It's really actually flat out weird how much was stripped from WoD, and then having some of it still in game but completely irrelevant/pointless. Like Shattrath and Karabor.

I'm honestly confused how people could think BfA is worse than WoD, while WoD was basically half of an expansion. To the point that the selfie/twitter integration was a big patch.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    It's really actually flat out weird how much was stripped from WoD, and then having some of it still in game but completely irrelevant/pointless. Like Shattrath and Karabor.

I'm honestly confused how people could think BfA is worse than WoD, while WoD was basically half of an expansion. To the point that the selfie/twitter integration was a big patch.
    I think it depends on the context, I know many people found the GCD and class changes to not be to their liking, and playing devils advocate here I can assume content outside of the class being bad is irrelevant because at least your class is fun, but when your class is a horrible mess then its hard to invest in the content because your class is the drive to do said content.

thats what I think. I have also heard a lot of laughable excuses too, those outweigh the legit ones for sure :P

WoD will always be worse than BFA for me only because of how heartbreaking some of that cut content was, because it wasnt just one thing affected, everything from lore to gameplay, it's cut content spared no one. :P

One day I wanna hear what went on behind the development of that expansion and why what happened, happened. Everyone has the hyperbolic reasons but I am legit interested. I want my tell all deep dive.

Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    I think it depends on the context, I know many people found the GCD and class changes to not be to their liking, and playing devils advocate here I can assume content outside of the class being bad is irrelevant because at least your class is fun, but when your class is a horrible mess then its hard to invest in the content because your class is the drive to do said content.

thats what I think. I have also heard a lot of laughable excuses too, those outweigh the legit ones for sure :P

WoD will always be worse than BFA for me only because of how heartbreaking some of that cut content was, because it wasnt just one thing affected, everything from lore to gameplay, it's cut content spared no one. :P

One day I wanna hear what went on behind the development of that expansion and why what happened, happened. Everyone has the hyperbolic reasons but I am legit interested. I want my tell all deep dive.
    Imo they were pushing development for Legion. But that's just a theory.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    But you could do that in all x-pacs. If you claim that in TBC all raids were relevant...then they still are in every other x-pac after that. How could they not? Just as you can and could do pvp and dungeons. Hell..if you ever could do dungeons to get relevant gear...that is since we have mythic+

Is this suddenly all boring turd content now, but not "back then". Did they remove arenas and duelling from the game after TBC?

I mean..professions are kinda shite now IMHO...I give you that.
    Tier 4 and Tier 5 were still relevant with the Tier 6 out.

Nowadays, a new tier means a complete reset making all previous tiers obsolete for even the people who haven't completed it.

MoP was the only wow xpack i never played at all, so regardless of how it played given that it failed to even sell me on giving it a try i'm going to vote for that.

Cata I only played a month after launch, WoD i only played a month before legion prepatch (i think they upgraded everyone's accounts to wod for free much earlier then usual).

But to be fair I haven't truly played wow since mid wotlk, i haven't stepped foot inside of a raid since ulduar except lfr and barely that, i've done a total of 2 mythic+ in BFA, i basically just consumed the scripted story content and when that was finished i was out.

10+ Year Old Account
    Bfa by far. Bfa makes WoD look good in comparison.

Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Valor had weekly cap. Blizzard just hate, when players have means of guaranteed progression.
    And that was a good thing. Weekly caps were GOOD. There wasn't any cap on artifact power and look how that turned out. It was a terrible, never-ending grind. One of the Blizzard dev said back then (Maybe GC but not sure) that weekly caps are in the game to protect the players from themselves. And I thought about that a lot during my BFA grinds. I want to reach a point where I can say "okay, I'm done for the day / week". That was impossible during Legion and BFA, you never felt like you are done (until the very end of 8.2 and neck level 90 after 8.3 but that was really only at the end of the expansion).

Quote Originally Posted by Doffen View Post
    There are so many lies and wrong info here its staggering.

Easily grind your bis corruption in one week?
    I have still not gotten BiS one because I tried for 4 months and quit when the vendor was up because progression was over. I used 4 months to get all legendaries from 24th of november 2016 to march 2017, same amount of time. Legendaries had bad luck protection. If you got bad luck just buy corruption from AH? Great system! Luckily legendaries lasted the whole expansion, worth the effort.

Good thing your old guildies didn't continue, think if they did 8.3. And its interesting to see that your friend quit in first raid. First of all, EN was the easiest raid since naxx wotlk. The tuning was insanely bad. Second of all, the only raid were the AP tuning were hard was in ToV. Its a shame though that your old guildies stopped in EN. From Nighthold AP and the weapon took a emissary or two to fill up the weapon which were 80% of rental power. Did you know Ion said they did a mistake with the weapon? He said players were done with the weapon too early. So they had to add minor stuff later on so players had something to progress. Doesn't really go well with your story.

You did two m+ and emissaries and the weekly raids in a week? So you barely did anything, explains a lot. I checked this before you know, because we discussed this before when you said we easily get bis azerite armor in a week What I found out was that I did 5 times as many mythic+ as you did, and 800 raid bosses in 8 months means you did one raid only in 3 difficulties each week. When Nighthold was current I did EN as well, those 30 minute leggo runs were awesome. So I did 50-60 bosses a week, 1400-1500 bosses or so in 8 months if you like. Your idea of effort is the most casual approach you can have. You did not even try to get them is the true result of your numbers.

Softcap lasted until start of November, 10 weeks after launch from where they also made so your two first leggos would come faster not long after the change. You don't say that you had to buy an account in start of 8.3 to get best corruption. Buy from AH in start of the patch? 3-4 million gold for one piece. Thats 320 euros for one piece. 640 for two. But you don't mention that do you. You might as well have bought yourself a new account.

You don't do emissaries you say. And why is that? Because there is no incentive to do so. Which isn't good you know. Having little to no incentive to do the content is one of the main reason so many quit in BfA. There is no incentive to do anything so people feel its doing chores to get where they want to go.

I get it though. You are very disingenounos when it comes to facts because you base it on feelings. You think demo lock in BfA is the best ever so the rest is just fillers. But now you benched your lock I've heard, strangely enough it was when the vendor came and you had to go hunter to join your new guild to get mythic N'Zoth(your discussion in the other thread was amusing) because your old guild couldn't. You obviously had to go BM Hunter because your demo lock doesn't scale so good with corruption, still its such a great system right. At least legendaries were spesific for your spec so it was easier to tune.

Talking about tuning, getting the correct corruption was way more important than getting correct Legendaries. You said legendaries were 4% of rental power in Legion. Your words, even though they were a bit more actually. Like 10-20%. But the difference in bis and worst was around 20% comparing them to each other, so more like 4-6% in actual difference in throughput. Some had more in the start, because legendaries were broken in the start for sure. How much does bis corruption do vs worst? Some does nothing for throughput because unlike legendaries, it doesn't boost your stats as in ilvl and extra secondary. One coruption can do up to 80% of your damage. So the difference in worst to best can be 80% of throughput. Still corruption is so much better right?

Vendor you say? Yeah leggos also got vendor, when progress was over, same as corruption. Hating legendaries for those reason you say makes you automatically hate corruption too because it was indeed worse objectivelly. The actual numbers make it so. You might find corruption more fun, which is all subjective, and that we can't argue.

BfA is nothing like Legion. Its a half-assed version of something they did good in Legion, but unfortunately failed to do in BfA, by their own admission. This poll shows a bit. But hey, so many quit so early in Legion right, so early they can't review it properly so they vote BfA instead.
    I am so glad you made this post. I was thinking of going through all of that argumentation myself but have to halfway. I fully agree with you.

Quote Originally Posted by Vorkreist View Post
    Bfa by far. Bfa makes WoD look good in comparison.
    No, it really doesn't - WoD was *the* worst. The amount more content we have in BfA alone makes it better than WoD. Can you really compare Nazjatar to a god damn patch that spotlighted a selfie camera? No. Don't even think it's comparable.

From worst to best

BfA >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> WoD >>>>>> Cata > MoP > Legion > BC/Wotlk

I dont care about plenty of half assed content to do, i play the game mainly for raids and Mythic+ with friends, and the systems that should balance and cover those aspects are by far the worst in history, the despair and essence/azerite/corruption clown fiesta is too much.
    Last edited by Tamrik; 2020-07-24 at 01:56 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by THEORACLE64 View Post
    No, it really doesn't - WoD was *the* worst. The amount more content we have in BfA alone makes it better than WoD. Can you really compare Nazjatar to a god damn patch that spotlighted a selfie camera? No. Don't even think it's comparable.
    Amount is useless if the core of the game mechanics and classes are garbage. Wod = boring garrisons . Bfa = fuck your classes , fuck your loot , you don't like rng? fuck you have some extra tons of rng on top. I could write tomes of how total garbage the quality of everything outside art in Bfa is. The art team still doing its job with the raids doesn't save anything else in Bfa.

Quote Originally Posted by Vorkreist View Post
    Amount is useless if the core of the game mechanics and classes are garbage. Wod = boring garrisons . Bfa = fuck your classes , fuck your loot , you don't like rng? fuck you have some extra tons of rng on top. I could write tomes of how total garbage the quality of everything outside art in Bfa is. The art team still doing its job with the raids doesn't save anything else in Bfa.
    WoD = garrisons which went no where and one additional raid. That was IT. BfA has given us much, much more playable content than WoD had with it's entire development. WoD was a fxck up and they even admit it was - there's absolutely no way an expansion that had a selfie camera as a main patch feature and one additional raid, ending the expansion 6 months after launch, is better than an expansion that has given us the most. No way. The Azerite system wasn't *the* best, which was an obvious before the Beta even ended, but BfA has also been enjoyable. Most of the critiques that people have from the start have been from people jumping on the bandwagon and being sheeple and just throwing hate at Blizzard unnecessarily - BfA really wasn't the best expansion, but it certainly wasn't the worst and wasn't worse than WoD.

BfA.

WoD was a hodgepodge of wasted potential and bad execution, but at least WoD never got so bad I stopped engaging with the new content it released and only focused on leveling alts [up until level 110, unless timewalking is up], transmog, and timewalking (I haven't done any of the content that came with 8.1 and beyond, for reference).