Poll: Which era of wow sucked most?

Page 27 of 52 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    All of them after Wotlk...

However, I probably hated the MoP theme the most, although looking back I would probably trade today's slop for it. Cataclysm started out looking good, but went downhill fast (we all know why). The rest I more of less just dabbled in and didn't play seriously.

I would rank BFA and WOD as = to eachother in terms of shittyness. But feel the game has been shit in general since CATA ended or MOP releases however you want to look at it. And would say Class design went down the shitter with CATA prepatch which killed my Beloved BK forever and my Rogue as well.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nitros14 View Post
    I think it's Cataclysm.

WoD had great raids, Cataclysm didn't even have that.
    The first Raids in Cata were great, and I also loved the Dungeons on release.

WoD might have been low on content but arenas were decent'ish while in BFA all of the mentioned "stuff to do" are just pain in the ass, class design is absolute garbage and gameplay is shit. So basically it's a choice between massive shit-sandwich and and a sandwich low on toppings but atleast the toppings are not feces.

WoD gets a bad rap, and rightly so. But, for the most part, the content that was there was actually good. The raids were great, the leveling process was the most enjoyable to me of any expansion so far, and Garrisons (at first) were pretty cool. The problem is, the content was non-existent, with there really only being one true content patch (Tanaan) and between launch and Tanaan all we had was the opening of BRF and.... garrisons.

Meanwhile, BFA has had plenty of content but, from the Alliance side, it has not been great for me. It's been uncompelling and un-fun. I played a horde alt later and at the very least the horde story and zones were more interesting for me, but overall BFA is just a giant whiff for me.

It's really a toss-up between these two.

Quote Originally Posted by schwank05 View Post
    I would rank BFA and WOD as = to eachother in terms of shittyness. But feel the game has been shit in general since CATA ended or MOP releases however you want to look at it. And would say Class design went down the shitter with CATA prepatch which killed my Beloved BK forever and my Rogue as well.

- - - Updated - - -

The first Raids in Cata were great, and I also loved the Dungeons on release.
    The first raids in Cata was indeed really good, I also liked how the dungeons were on release, in my opinion! Just so people don't think I talk for everyone.

For those two reasons alone Cataclysm was way better than both WoD and BfA, IMO! Classes played decently too, those I played anyway(mage, boomkin and Hunter), until they gutted the little niches classes had left in MoP. Imo!!

What do you think of Legion then Schwank? Shit? Horrible? You only mentioned BfA and WoD.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Accendor View Post
    Your should try some chocolate, the sugar might help with the bitterness

- - - Updated - - -

Just to make this clear, I also disliked the Broken Shore. Felt rushed and meaningless. But it had the mage tower, so...
    Broken Chore was just that, broken. But it had Mage Tower, which was AWESOME! So the shitty pick up 3 chests/kill 1 rare was quickly forgiven. But I did it on 12 characters for Class Mount! So I was kinda tired of it, just a little, a tad, SICK of it

Man that was a slog to get through. But the actual quest where you got the mount was good. Fun tracking down that Dire, eh Wolfhawk.

Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    Ever considered that, you are wrong and that "everyone" else is right?
    No, because everyone hated Legion when it was current. It was only tolerable at the literal end of the xpac when AP didn’t matter and most people had the right legendaries. Still an utter dogshit expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    When somebody says, "well I could see how {raiders} might enjoy an expansion" and your response is, "what, you mean the expansion with only one raid, ha!" it's really quite difficult to interpret it any other way. I don't mind "personal opinions" but what you wrote very clearly depicted a broad generalization. Anyway. This exchange has become pointlessly semantic and dangerously off-topic so I'm just going to drop it here. Have a nice day.
    If that's difficult for you then I guess it's probably best we end the replies here. But yes, WoD that only had one extra raid that a large majority of people did get bored of by the end of the expansion? Raiding wasn't *awful*, but having three raids was very limited. They also ended the expansion way too early and it had the same effect that Dragon Soul had with Cata - it lasted waaaay too long. It was a comment from myself, a comment being my own opinion. It's really not that dense and it's really not that hard to understand it's my view and my view alone. I guess you like to feel effected and edgy like someone is trying to talk for you though. Oh well... ]

Quote Originally Posted by Dravec View Post
    No, because everyone hated Legion when it was current. It was only tolerable at the literal end of the xpac when AP didn’t matter and most people had the right legendaries. Still an utter dogshit expansion.
    I disliked Legion strongly but generalizations do very little to help your argument. "Everyone" did not hate Legion when it was current. The expansion was definitely more fun towards the end than it was in the beginning (though I had already quit due to burnout at that point) but the reception of Legion was overwhelmingly positive and its launch likely represented one of the largest resurgence of subscribers the game had ever seen.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by THEORACLE64 View Post
    If that's difficult for you then I guess it's probably best we end the replies here. But yes, WoD that only had one extra raid that a large majority of people did get bored of by the end of the expansion? Raiding wasn't *awful*, but having three raids was very limited. They also ended the expansion way too early and it had the same effect that Dragon Soul had with Cata - it lasted waaaay too long. It was a comment from myself, a comment being my own opinion. It's really not that dense and it's really not that hard to understand it's my view and my view alone. I guess you like to feel effected and edgy like someone is trying to talk for you though. Oh well... ]
    My guy, you made a comment that could very easily be interpreted as a generalization so I gave you shit for it. Move the fuck on with your life, would you?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dravec View Post
    BFa is basically Legion 2.0 but even worse, people "liked more" because it had a lot of fanservice, like the weapons, DH, illidan, something bfa don't have it

Being after wod made the illusion of an expansion better than it was.

Legiondaries were a pain in the ass almost like corruption.

Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    My guy, you made a comment that could very easily be interpreted as a generalization so I gave you shit for it. Move the fuck on with your life, would you?
    It could be, but that's not what it was. You interpreted it that way so that's your issue, not mine tyvm.

BfA. Azerite gear and essences making the game completely anti alt/off-spec. Don't get me wrong, I kinda liked the essences and azerite gear, just the aquisition and having to have multiple pieces of gear for different specs killed it. Furthermore corruptions completely ruined the game without adding anything interesting to the gameplay. Allied races were a massive disappointment. Story telling was all over the place. Last but not least, freaking horse mounts.... The only saving grace was that the raiding/mythic+ was fun.

7+ Year Old Account
    Can't believe how people are already forgetting how bad WoD was.

Do we have to talk about the mid-expansion drought?

The terrible garrison system?

The complete messed up launch, that made it so that we could not really play for the first 1-2 months?

Apexis Crystals???
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.

7+ Year Old Account
    WOD. Because they literally cancelled it before the halfway point. It was 1/3 of an expansion sold at full price. As bad as BFA was, at least they finished it.

Quote Originally Posted by Lilithvia View Post
    With the end of an expansion comes my biannual worst expansion poll.

Which expansion/era is the absolute worst, and why?
    BFA Season4 (Corruption Patch) BFA takes the throne and then WoD expansion.

Nothing since 2004 every now and then has ever been worse then current Patch by miles. ( If anything then absolute broken classes) - as for now it's DH, Lock.

Corruption is also a reason why you've been seeing a lots of middle tier mythic raiders getting Cutting Edge now.

And we wont go as far as PvP - You can't be competitive without enough and "right" corruption currently. Having to farm hardcore PvE gear to be able to do competitive PvP is absolutely ludicrous to say the least.

Tenticle proccing 40 yards on dampening to farm a healer. Gushing wounds doing 60% of damage as top output, Locks having perma bloodlust or 60% versatility and being literally unkillable in 2s. Good luck with that bullshit!

Problem is not so much even the classes themselves but the high rate of stats such as Haste/Versatility

I rarely complain but seeing this clown fiesta this is far far, the worst expansion/patch ever.

So my vote goes for BFA. (Even though BFA season2 BOD was rather decent and well done)
    Last edited by RealAwoken; 2020-07-20 at 08:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Flurryfang View Post

The complete messed up launch, that made it so that we could not really play for the first 1-2 months?

Apexis Crystals???
    it's simple. a little less of the same old same old we've been enjoying vs tons of crap we don't want to do.
    i'd never settle for the latter. can you guys stop parroting each other and actually start telling us what what's so bad about WoD that BFA does better? (quantity doesn't count.)
    I had fun once, it was terrible.

TBC...alien space goats..really? Thats the best they could come up with...oh and flying only in the outlands. Makes perfect sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Flurryfang View Post

Apexis Crystals???
    Yeah man, how the fuck did people forget about how shitty WoD was!? It's not like it's the highest voted expansion or anything.

Or were you just looking for a poll that looked like this?

I think WoD and BFA are both garbage but for completely opposite reasons. It's a battle of too little vs too much.

Another pointless MMO-C poll, that is misleading.