Poll: Which era of wow sucked most?

Page 35 of 52 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by kaminaris View Post
    I am not going to read your posts because you are delusional.

Legiondaries were single most retarded system ever made. If doing all the shit content for 8 months including LFR raids as a fukken mythic raider, gets you item you want after 8 months then we have nothing to talk about.

Corruptions could be farmed relatively quick, even farming gold was faster like 8 times. Not to mention you had static corrupted items from raid bosses and guaranteed corrupted item from chest.

Legiondaries had nothing guaranteed. People were leveling alts of the same class if they had shit luck.

And lets not forget about some dude that did 1500 M+ and still had just 4 legiondaries, thanks to softcap.

- - - Updated - - -

Whut, you have to be joking. Legion was even offspec unfriendly, not to mention alts.

https://youtu.be/MEcXvDDtarc

Ion quote:
    Yeah so, that wasn't even close to my point and despite that; I still disagree.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

I enjoyed playing my class in wod despite the lack of content. There's not a single class I enjoy playing in bfa.

Characters being fun is by far the most important thing to me, so BFA wins as the worst expansion in my eyes.

Because he was once proved wrong by actual evidence and never admitted mistake just tried to shift a goalpost. It's pretty pointless to argue with him.
    So I let him know I won't read his responses so he doesn't waste his time.
    When people do not want to read replies of others arguments its because they cant handle being countered. And again, you never proved me shit. I actually gave you real numbers and you then stopped replying to me What did you prove? That you can make homemade graphs? Impressive.

Its called taking a loss. Which is understandable.

- - - Updated - - -

You won't know if someone has blocked you. This way we can avoid each other while knowing it.

Anyways back to the topic, people simply forgot previous expansions retarded things.
    Yeah, its obvious. You don't even know how easy AP filled up your weapon after 7.1.5 and made it both alt and offspec friendly. It even had content for each class so alts was worth to have.

Quote Originally Posted by Doffen View Post
    Yeah, its obvious. You don't even know how easy AP filled up your weapon after 7.1.5 and made it both alt and offspec friendly. It even had content for each class so alts was worth to have.
    AP was annoying, but far from the big problem with alts/offspecs in Legion.

It was the legendaries that kept everything down.

You basically couldn't compete until you got the right two legendaries for your spec (sometimes even more than two, to cover all relevant situations), and it basically took until the end of the expansion to make this even close to bearable (but still time-gated).

Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post

You basically couldn't compete until you got the right two legendaries for your spec (sometimes even more than two, to cover all relevant situations), and it basically took until the end of the expansion to make this even close to bearable (but still time-gated).
    It sucked in the start for those whos competetive, for sure. But it was gradually "nerfed" as in more content to do with more sources as in more raids, loot-vendor etc. End of expansions? I've heard those tales, but not seen any myself. Even the most casual one in my very casual guild had all at the end of Nighthold. AP however was made very casual friendly from 7.1.5. If people played then, they would know that. Some do not however, which is evident.

I am glad they made the legendaries in Shadowlands targetable. The system itself were awesome imo. So many cool legendaries.
    Last edited by Doffen; 2020-07-26 at 12:21 PM.

It sucked in the start for those whos competetive, for sure. But it was gradually "nerfed" as in more content to do with more sources as in more raids, loot-vendor etc. End of expansions? I've heard those tales, but not seen any myself. Even the most casual one in my very casual guild had all at the end of Nighthold.
    Such a weird statement to make.

"I don't see the problem, people in my guild who played one character continuously since the start of the expansion had earned the ability to play their offspecs properly by the second raid tier. WHY WAS THAT A PROBLEM?!"

Evidently nobody decided to roll an alt in the middle of the expansion in your guild, either.

7+ Year Old Account
    i can understand people being divided by wod and bfa, but blows my mind how anyone would chose anything other than those 2 like cata or BC, like rly fam

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    i can understand people being divided by wod and bfa, but blows my mind how anyone would chose anything other than those 2 like cata or BC, like rly fam
    If WoD didn't exist then personally TBC would be next on my list.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

Such a weird statement to make.

"I don't see the problem, people in my guild who played one character continuously since the start of the expansion had earned the ability to play their offspecs properly by the second raid tier. WHY WAS THAT A PROBLEM?!"

Evidently nobody decided to roll an alt in the middle of the expansion in your guild, either.
    Evidently... I rerolled in november 24th 2016 from Mage to Hunter, and then rolled holydin in ToS because we needed one. So yeah, I know all about it. I know all about the grind. I did it on many characters. And I had fun doing it. So, evidently, they did, me included. Talk about skewed view. Just because someone like something, doesn't mean they didn't experience the bad things with it. I even wrote the bad things with legendaries, but that wasn't enough I guess.

Nothing in my statement is weird, if you didn't get all legendaries before the end of Legion, you either didn't play from start or you barely did any content. Legion wasn't WoD, but from the looks of it, many people treated it as such. Which isn't an issue, but then they should know they didn't experience it all. There is someone who said he did so much to get legendaries in Legion. What he did was the normal raidlog + 2 dungeons per week like we did in WoD. That wasn't enough in Legion. If that's your issue, then I understand it completely.

Whats weird is that you have to say my statement is weird because it doesn't align with your views. Your post is even written with the wrong assumptions in mind. Get a grip.

10+ Year Old Account
    Warlords of Draenor, doubtlessly. BFA was reeking dog shit in so many ways, but at least the game provided incentive to go out and do things. They were incentivized in all the wrong ways, but those activities were still worth doing a week after you hit level cap. Both expansions had equally-dogshit class design for many classes, but WoD takes the L here because most of the non-raid endgame was spent clicking through minigame menus and doing busywork around your base, like a glorified mobile game advertising itself as a complex RTS on Facebook. The story sucked pretty equally in both expansions, and the time travel/alternate universe was the least of WoD's problems there (but that's what happens when you cut half the story out and completely abandon the expansion after one minor content patch and one major content patch).

Oh, yeah, and for all its numerous faults, the devs didn't just completely abandon BFA halfway through. They just abandoned it after the N'zoth fight.

While BFA is definitely in the bottom of the WoW expansion tier list, Warlords of Draenor remains the game's nadir on every front except the art team, who--gods above fucking bless them--actually still give half a shit anymore and haven't chased off all their talent to prop up preening mediocrities with the creative prowess of cement.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

10+ Year Old Account
    Cataclysm was the worst because there was literally nothing to do. Did people really forget how terrible this expansion was? WoD is a masterpiece compared to Cata.

Quote Originally Posted by Masser View Post
    Cataclysm was the worst because there was literally nothing to do. Did people really forget how terrible this expansion was? WoD is a masterpiece compared to Cata.
    Cata is basically a streamlined version of Wotlk.

Like, if you want to shit on Cata for that, you might as well shit on Wotlk for the same reason.

I started playing this game shortly after 4.2 came out, so I can't say too much about anything before Cata, but in order, my xpac tier list probably goes like this: Mists of Pandaria (great story, good gameplay experience) > Legion (good story, great gameplay experience) > Cataclysm (okay story, good gameplay experience) > Battle For Azeroth (terrible story, okay gameplay experience) > Warlords of Draenor (terrible story, bad gameplay experience).

I'm heavily biased more toward the mood and story quality of an expansion more than I am the gameplay systems or class design or anything like. Typically, I can forgive an expansion a little for its sketchy game design decisions if there's a good story or a pretty world to distract me. WoD and BFA lacked both. What puts BFA above WoD is simply the direction that BFA took compared to WoD. BFA tried. WoD started off tepid, then just fell off the fuck-it cliff. BFA started out awful, but I felt that by 8.3, it had managed to claw its way to mediocrity.

Well to be honest it was both. Especially early when you didn't fill your weapon primary abilities.
    Later on, it was a matter of legiondaries.

Like ion said:
    your artifact power in your fire weapon and you wanted to try out frost, wanted to go frost for a certain scenario there were probably literally months ahead of you in order to get to a point of comparable effectiveness.
    But some delusional people here think they know better than game director and it was as easy as hitting switch spec button.

Well to be honest it was both. Especially early when you didn't fill your weapon primary abilities.
    Later on, it was a matter of legiondaries.

Like ion said:

But some delusional people here think they know better than game director and it was as easy as hitting switch spec button.
    I like how you this time left out that Ion said beginning of Legion after calling you out on it last time. You are twisting what he said, so how can we know better than the game director when you are not telling the context? After 7.1.5 when you got a full Artifact weapon after 30 minutes. He also said fire mage bracers and belt was 15% vs NO legendaries. So vs 2 other legendaries there were a lot less. Then you stand here, defending corruption for normally 30-40% difference up to 80% in throughput.

It's so easy to call out your bullshit. Especially early you said. Only early in legion that was a problem. But again, you show you didn't play Legion after the first 3-4 months. That or you are lying willfully.
    Last edited by Doffen; 2020-07-26 at 03:09 PM.

5+ Year Old Account
    No matter the topic, someone will find a way to redirect it to complain about their current aggro.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    I still don't understand at all why OP put in an expansion we've literally haven't even seen half of. There's zero reasons to justify it being on the poll and that goes the same for voting for it.

- - - Updated - - -

Then why reply to them if you're not gonna bother reading his argument??
    Same went for BFA last poll...
    Yet here we are. I feel justified putting it there, even if I voted for Cata.

Quote Originally Posted by Lilithvia View Post
    Same went for BFA last poll...
    Yet here we are. I feel justified putting it there, even if I voted for Cata.
    You feel justified because a lot of people agree with you now that it's over? Yeah no, that's still no reason to put something on the poll that isn't even available to the masses.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

I like how you this time left out that Ion said beginning of Legion
    Doesn't really matter until they added corruption vendor, wanted to switch to new class? There was no catchup to legiondaries. Only to AP.

And that is still miles behind how BfA is easy to do so.

in 8.2 friend switched from pala to mage. Was mythic ready in 3-4 weeks, enough to be high in dps meters.
    in 8.3 i switched to my old main, 3-4 weeks later got cutting edge while being in the middle of the pack.

There is literally 22 days between i first killed any mythic boss and mythic nzoth. Result? 8th in group and 5th in nzoth alone damage.

In legion before vendor I would have never dreamt of doing that. After a month of farming I would be right between two tanks.

But what do you know since you haven't played any of those expansions at mythic difficulty.

BFA. It's the only expansion I stopped playing in the first 2 weeks and never had anything to bring my interest back. Here's hoping SL is a good one~

Doesn't really matter until they added corruption vendor, wanted to switch to new class? There was no catchup to legiondaries. Only to AP.
    Yet again you prove you didn't play in Legion. There was actually 2 fast legendaries for any new 110. That was changed in november 2016 after the hard cap was removed. That also applied to offspecs.
    And that is still miles behind how BfA is easy to do so.

in 8.2 friend switched from pala to mage. Was mythic ready in 3-4 weeks, enough to be high in dps meters.
    in 8.3 i switched to my old main, 3-4 weeks later got cutting edge while being in the middle of the pack.
    I swapped to my paladin too in 7.2. How long took it? I was ready at once. Even got a few leggos from before because I played in Legion. I even swapped in 7.1 on my Hunter from Mage, during the "hard times". I got 3 leggos in 2 weeks, farmed the AP thanks to AK so it took me two weeks to catch up on my hunter. I was actually the first in the guild to get all traits in my weapon on my hunter. Thanks to AK you easily catched up, before the great catch up. As we know, apart from you apparently, that got changed significantly in 7.1.5, 5 months into the expansion. How long did it take to get essence vendor in? After progress were done in 8.3. You changed to your hunter after the vendor came in. After progress were done. You even swapped guild because you old couldn't kill Nzoth. Yes, after the vendors it takes 3-4 weeks to catch up. You are right, it's awesome actually to catch up now. Now is the keyword. From 7.1.5 you catched up in mere hours. Legendaries were an issue sure, but there was so much content at 7.1.5 so you could choose to farm for it. You chose not too, from your own words. What you did was very casual.

And Azerite traits. Before you give me the usual bullshit about getting all best pieces in one week, also your words, it takes a good 24 weeks to actually get BiS azerite traits without praying for RNG. And you farm that 4 times in BfA. How is that any better than getting leggos in 6 months and be done for the rest of the expansion? The logic you think make sense actually make zero sense.
    There is literally 22 days between i first killed any mythic boss and mythic nzoth. Result? 8th in group and 5th in nzoth alone damage.
    I have actually seen your logs, you linked or the other poster linked them in that forced covenant thread or what it was. You got green parses. 31 on ilvl, but only 18 on overall. Yeah, great result. It's called a boost.
    https://i.imgur.com/4PzbWMt.jpg
    In legion before vendor I would have never dreamt of doing that. After a month of farming I would be right between two tanks.
    Dishonesty is your greatest trait. You proven this much.

But what do you know since you haven't played any of those expansions at mythic difficulty.
    That is true, I only did mythic bosses in Nighthold, and a few in Antorus when it was current. But I also don't claim I am this awesome mythic raider with green/blank parses like you. I know for a fact you bought boosts in Legion for last boss, you did Mythic N'zoth on your hunter with 5 bosses with your new guild. And you also just killed him once. Once. I am gonna let that speak for itself. You are a fraud who claims he is in a top 200 guild before, and I checked, and your guild was top 1200 at the time you claimed it. You also claimed you killed half bosses in Ny'alotha while at that time you killed 3.

Being in a top 2000 raiding guild in mythic is an easy feat. I have been asked from two mythic guilds on my server if I wanna join, but I can't be arsed changing from my awesome guild I am in current. I even got asked on my mage alt too from the same guild that thought my DH and Mage were two different players. So for anyone to "brag" that they are in a mythic guild actually makes no sense, there is not prestige in it.
    Last edited by Doffen; 2020-07-26 at 07:12 PM.