Worth coming back before SL for collectibles?

I bought BfA but I only managed to play a month into it or so. I think I maybe hit 119 on my main then quit because of life/the game didn't feel like my cup of tea. I am hyped for Shadowlands but my friends that play the game have all quit BfA. I've been told that the gearing is awful and that lack of corruptions/essences make the game unplayable as a new 120.

I mostly collect mounts and I would like to get back to that before SL drops so I don't have to come back to the old stuff while progressing on new stuff. I also don't know what will happen to Assaults/Warfronts that might make it super annoying or hard to get in the next expac so I might want to do them now.

I don't think I will set foot in any end game content and really only need enough gear to feasibly solo Legion raids/hold my own in world content. Don't have flying either which will suck. Is it really that shitty to come back if all I will do is rep grind and hunt for collectibles like mounts/pets?

If you bought BfA and did not enjoy it enough to collect mounts and play Legion nearly two years ago, it is unlikely you would enjoy those activities enough to do them now.

These are matters of personal preference. Nobody, and certainly not strangers, can tell you what you will enjoy.

5+ Year Old Account
    Go and have a look online and see if there are any collectibles that will be going away that your GOTTA have. It might be worth a shot but be prepared to spend a while getting your shit to a playable point before you can really start farming anything. Got my warrior through H Nya for the mount, now I have several alts that I would play but I just can't be arsed putting in the time.
    I can't even beat the intro quests in Nazjatar on my shaman and I hearthed out and now I can't work out how to get back there.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    "Help Me Choose" type threads don't tend to produce much in the way of constructive discussion or debate. Closing this.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead