Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by CommunismWillWin View Post
    I'm not defending China, but nice try.
    Nice re-direct to what I wasn't even talking about. You got me. I think its best to leave you to it now.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Josuke View Post
    Actions speak louder than words.
    Proof I have no action? Source? The pen is mightier than the sword.

10+ Year Old Account
    You've started out with a blatant lie?
    Yes they are very happy for that stuff to happen, Gitmo has been open a long time now.
    You are very clearly immensely unfamiliar with the long standing efforts within the American public, congress, and indeed by Presidents like Obama, to close Guantanamo bay.

The US is very happy to have people dragged into unmarked Van's if they're muslim or illegal immigrants.
    No one is dragging Muslims or illegal immigrants into unmarked vans.

You're confusing the very recent trend of protestors in Portland, Oregon, being temporarily detained by unidentified authorities, a course of action that has recieved MASSIVE backlash within the US with... maybe stuff that just casually happens in China, I guess? You really shouldn't assume that China's methodologies are what's normalized in other countries. Maybe China is just being horrible all by itself.

America is now a police state, please do fix your own problems before we have to do another world war.
    ...Implying that America started either world war?

he same conditions exist in many factory farms in the US
    No, they do not. Sick and dying, potentially endangered, exotic animals stacked in ascending cages to be sold live to people based on quack medicine do not exist in any government-approved or otherwise legal forms in the United States.

You know how I know that the conditions of American factory farms aren't as bad or as potent locuses for zoonotic disease as Chinese wet markets?

Because the number of globe-spanning diseases eminating from American factory farms is zero, while the number from China is two... in less than the past two decades.

When's the next SARS or COVID going to trickle out of China because someone believes that eating an anteater bladder will balance their humours?

And you can't even say "well the US has just gotten LUCKY that they haven't had a disease like that happen!" The US has many deadly zoonotic diseases... ones that are far deadlier than COVID... Rabies, Anthrax, the hanta virus, ALL diseases that are transmissible from animals to humans... but those diseases hardly ever occur in the US. They don't spread out to devastate the global economy.

Apparently the US has, historically, done a far better job of handling it than China. I believe that, were the US to have any president... literally ANY.... president than the one we have now, this crisis would have been almost completely quenched within the US.

And again, you can't even claim that China is doing better, seeing as they're still having flare-ups. Plus, their tight-lipped book cooking on the matter might mean we never actually know how many people were actually infirmed or died in China.

China did what is internationally recognized as a reasonable course of action.
    Recognized by who? China?

"China did a good job of containing the virus they failed to actually contain"
    ~ signed, China

Declaring a pandemic early can have many negative repercussions (boy who cried wolf etc.) Or the ones that actually happened like countries evacuating citizens without proper precautions *cough* us *cough*
    How about... hiding the fact there was a pandemic ravaging their country, obscuring numbers and data surrounding it, refusing to cooperate with health organizations until it was far too late...

If you're still blaming china when america was the one that dropped the ball all on their own. There are epidemiological concepts you seem unaware of. Some basic realities of disease management that people dont want to accept, like the idea of containing a pandemic where it originated. It's unrealistic and absurd
    Well, seeing as they tried to cover up the thing from the getgo, we'll never know, now will we?

Unless of course this exact same thing happens again. Has China taken any steps to shut down these epicenters of disease they just tacitly allow to exist in their country?

You're spouting propaganda, fuck man american states arent reporting proper numbers and the cdc isnt allowed to manage the data anymore, America is cooking the numbers too.
    Just like China did.

They're not mutually exclusive? I didnt suggest that. But they are checks and balances. Chinas aggressive foreign policy is a response to American and European imperialism.

People in glass houses and all that.
    Okay, so China gets to unleash global pandemics due to gross incompetence, intern minority populations, and rule with an ever-increasing amount of authoritarian dictatorship and should be free from criticism because western countries did some not-good stuff centuries ago?

Yeah, I'm more concerned with what's happening in the year 2020 and what will happen in the future than what happened in the year 1820.
    Last edited by Kaleredar; 2020-07-20 at 04:22 AM.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    Seriously? You make a crazy claim and then say the onus is on ME to investigate? That's insane.

In any case even if the West is some terrible place like you imagine it is you still can't deny the fact that we can vote which means we have the power to fix bad behaviors. China on the other hand won't have that option until they get voting rights.
    Yeah, is that why in the US you can lose your right to vote? Also, the protection from arbitrary imprisonment works only when you have written rules that explain what arbitrary means. Being in jail for 3 years without process apparently is not arbitrary.
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

10+ Year Old Account
    "Hiding the fact there was a pandemic" lol they were following the same guidelines the cdc does to stop mass panic.
    "Working with organizations and divulging that their is indeed a virus" is not going to cause a mass panic.

And clearly what China did do in their "desire not to cause a mass panic" didn't work. However it was they presented the virus was woefully inadequate compared to how much of an impact it was going to have.

Basically you're believing in conspiracy theories when there are plenty of factual things you can criticize china for.
    The existence of their wet markets is not a conspiracy.

Lol idiot, If you're not going to pay attention to mistakes and shitty things that happened in the past we are doomed to repeat them.

Which is sadly enough what seems to be happening. Being ahistorical is a brainlet move.
    Okay, so what you're saying is... what Britain and the US did in the past with colonialization was wrong and shouldn't happen, so...

we should stop China, who's doing a similar thing now?

Because while that would be what we should actually learn from history, you presented it in a weird "well the west did it in the past, so why doesn't China get to do it now?"

which would be the exact opposite of learning from history.

Anyway your understanding on pandemics and disease are really lacking, you're trying to compare bacterial diseases with viral ones. Have fun being a useful idiot ig.
    Oh, I'm sorry, was the name "hanta virus" not indicative enough of it being a virus? For the record, rabies is also a virus.

Weird that the one you decided to google, anthrax, was the only one that was bacteriological. And Anthrax is also waaaaay more deadly than coronavirus, even with it being "just a bacteria."

And yet, people in the US aren't dropping like flies from these much, much, much more deadly diseases that can be spread by animals.

The fact of the matter is no country in this fight is good enough for a positive resolution to this. Instead people are going to die so a bunch of rich people can make money.
    I'd say those rich people are actually losing a lot of money right now. I don't have any particular sympathy for large corporations, but... no one is shopping at their stores, no one is buying their products, no one is eating at restaurants, no one is traveling, nobody is going out to see films... really not much fiduciary gain from this whole global pandemic situation.
    Last edited by Kaleredar; 2020-07-20 at 05:48 AM.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Quote Originally Posted by Logwyn View Post
    Nice re-direct to what I wasn't even talking about. You got me. I think its best to leave you to it now.

- - - Updated - - -

Proof I have no action? Source? The pen is mightier than the sword.
    If you're not talking about me, you should not quote me. This all started because you threw a fit over me saying that Gaza is in a far worse spot than your average Chinese citizen.

If you're not talking about me, you should not quote me. This all started because you threw a fit over me saying that Gaza is in a far worse spot than your average Chinese citizen.
    Deal. I'll just block you as you generally have not much to say or offer. Good luck to you!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Deal. I'll just block you as you generally have not much to say or offer. Good luck to you!!!
    Yeah, thats probably the best for you if you cant even understand a single world of what im saying.

10+ Year Old Account
    If the US and EU would just pull out their trade and just pick another place Africa or South America then China's economy would crumble but the ones in charge won't do that as it would hurt their bottom line and they can't get their yachts and huge diamond rings.
    They already are. Heavy investments in India are already happening. Africa with the land mass and increased education will also be on the cards.

https://techcrunch.com/2020/07/13/google-to-invest-10-billion-in-india/
    -K

Yeah, Isreal treats those in Gaza far worse than China treats the Chinese.
    After the latest round of news about forced sterilisation of Uighurs, I beg to differ.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Flarelaine View Post
    After the latest round of news about forced sterilisation of Uighurs, I beg to differ.
    They are only part of the population, how does all of China compare to one of places on earth with the lowest quality of life that are locked in an open-air prison?

not that Isreal would shy away from doing that, https://washingtondailyreport.com/ye...srael-finally/, but why bother if you already got them all locked up?
    Last edited by JohnBrown1917; 2020-07-21 at 01:15 PM.

The whataboutism is strong in this topic.

What do America and Israel have to to with an Orwellian new Chinese law?

Quote Originally Posted by Stelio Kontos View Post
    The whataboutism is strong in this topic.

What do America and Israel have to to with an Orwellian new Chinese law?
    I suppose you have never seen his posts before? It seems like his life's goal is to shit on the West, he always uses whataboutism, because "but but but America/Israel/France/insert any other Western country".
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    Take that haters.
    IF IM STUPID, so is Donald Trump.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Easo View Post
    I suppose you have never seen his posts before? It seems like his life's goal is to shit on the West, he always uses whataboutism, because "but but but America/Israel/France/insert any other Western country".
    I was responding to a post that mentioned Gaza, but sure that is somehow my problem.
    Last edited by JohnBrown1917; 2020-07-21 at 08:17 PM.

Having different versions of the game is nothing new, they are already doing that. How is this new?

- - - Updated - - -

Blizz can do whatever it wants to its games, self-censorship is allowed.
    Look at hearthstone as an example. They censored cards in the rest of the world to appease China instead of only applying the changes to China.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/screenr...rate-bite/amp/
    Last edited by GreenJesus; 2020-07-21 at 09:50 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenJesus View Post
    Look at hearthstone as an example. They censored cards in the rest of the world to appease China instead of only applying the changes to China.
    Yes, indeed, that is what I said.

Quote Originally Posted by szechuan View Post
    Still better at handling a pandemic then the COVIDIOTS in the USA.
    1. Covid is their fuckup
    2. Stay on topic
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

Quote Originally Posted by kail View Post
    1. Covid is their fuckup
    2. Stay on topic
    Covid is also Americas Fuckup
    A Fetus is not a person under the 14th amendment.

Christians are Forced Birth Fascists against Human Rights who indoctrinate and groom children. Prove me wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by szechuan View Post
    Covid is also Americas Fuckup
    Well, America didn't hide the existence of Xhinese Wuhan virus and dangered rest of the world.
    Or; America didn't jail the doctors who were trying to warn the world.
    Or; America didn't destroy all the evidence about patient zero.
    Or; America didn't inform WHO that "there is no evidence of human transaction of virus from human to human".
    i can type here 100 more lines about what America didn't do and all were done by CCP.
    And they wouldn't be relayed to the genocide CCP is doing right now.

Fuck the Chinese government.

Now we see what happens to me, I guess. Those cowards have proven to be unbelievably petty, thin-skinned, and love picking on the small and defenseless, so who knows?
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.