Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Allied races are just a glorified way to bring extra "races" into the mix without people crying 24/7

It's like how normal mode pre SoO is what people call heroic now. Just a naming convention

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Selastan View Post
    Let me put it this way: How would you feel if tauren or dwarves were labled as 'allied races'?
    Completely indifferent because it doesn't mean anything. Brown orcs are allied races but orc is the signature race of the Horde.

Allied races are treated like seperate factions that share a common goal with the main factions. For example, the most recent novel, the Zandalari are having difficulties with the Horde, and the Horde sends zappy boi as an ambassador to deal with them. New York doesn't send an ambassador to Miami. Orcs don't send ambassadors to Thunder Bluff.
    Talanji is in the council that governs the Horde, as is Kiro and every other allied race leader. They're on equal footing with the core races. There isn't any difference between the core races and allied races apart from a button on the still-in-iteration character select screen.

Secondly,

Orcs don't send ambassadors to Thunder Bluff
    That isn't even a little true. There are ambassadors of every race in almost every faction city. There are a group of ambassadors wandering Silvermoon, there used to be a blood elf ambassador in the Undercity beside Sylvanas, there are multiple ambassadors of varying races inside the warchief throne room in Orgrimmar.

Vulpera don't have an 'alliance' with the Horde, they are part of it.
    All of the Horde races are part of an "alliance" with the Horde. That's the point of the Horde.

Nisha for Warchief.
    That title doesn't even exist anymore!

What a dumb post. An allied race (in lore) is just a fucking race that joined the Horde or Alliance post-Legion.

That's it. This other shit is not lore based, it's just obviously easier to churn out new races when you reuse old assets.

Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    IIRC you still need to complete the Vol'dun storyline to unlock them. The only thing being removed is the Exalted reputation requirement.
    Oooh, that is news to me. Huh.

Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    Obviously the unlock requirement needs to stay because anyone who has heard the "Dolly and Dot" song while questing in Vol'dun will be overwhelmed with the need to play one within seconds.
    Why does anyone like that cringy song?

1. They are part of the game, they can't be any more or less available than they will be in SL save from removal or forcing people to roll one.

2. They do have unique animations to them and the rig is modified from Goblin, not 1.1 copied.

3. Not sure how this is even a topic.

Quote Originally Posted by Queen of Hamsters View Post
    They do have unique animations to them and the rig is modified from Goblin, not 1.1 copied.
    It's 1:1 Goblins, just a reskin.

nope, they're trash

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    Obviously the unlock requirement needs to stay because anyone who has heard the "Dolly and Dot" song while questing in Vol'dun will be overwhelmed with the need to play one within seconds.
    Dolly and Dot are cannibals!

I'll still play a Vulpura though!

there will probably never be another core race so don't get your hopes up

Quote Originally Posted by Selastan View Post
    They don't really fit the allied race mold, I don't know why they get the allied race treatment. They aren't an offshoot of an existing race, they have a ton of customization options, and they are objectively the BEST. And yet you need to unlock them. Shame.
    You spelled subjectively wrong.

15+ Year Old Account
    They dont belong as a core race, they belong in a cage.
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s

The Horde didn't need one small race(Goblins were THE worst part about Cata) and they definitely dont need 2. Keep the furrys locked behind the furry questlines. If I ever see that Vulpera icon light up involuntarily I will riot.
    "They will come for us now, all of them" "Let them come, Frostmourne The Banshee Queen hungers."

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by StationaryHawk View Post
    Blizzard has never defined allied races this way.
    the allied races are this way and all you need to do is to connect the dots
    The Alliance gets the Horde's most popular race. The Horde should get the Alliance's most popular race in return. Alteraci Humans for the Horde!

I make Warcraft 3 Reforged HD custom models and I'm also an HD model reviewer.

Quote Originally Posted by Gods Chosen View Post
    It's 1:1 Goblins, just a reskin.
    I'll take, ignorance of the subject matter for 400, Alex.

You can hold that opinion, but it's factually wrong. Pro tip: Check them out in Wowhead's dressing room and compare run animations, casting animations, dance animations etc etc. Hell, gear doesn't even sit the same on them as on Goblins.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Thrizar View Post
    The Horde didn't need one small race(Goblins were THE worst part about Cata) and they definitely dont need 2. Keep the furrys locked behind the furry questlines. If I ever see that Vulpera icon light up involuntarily I will riot.
    They are literally part about the Horde whether they show up on your character select or not.

Tough.
    Last edited by Queen of Hamsters; 2020-07-21 at 10:41 PM.

I'll take, ignorance of the supject matter for 400, Alex.
    You should take a gun to your head.

supject

You should take a gun to your head.
    Well I'm not in the habit of taking orders from ignoramuses, so I'm good.
    Thanks for proving me right though.

Well I'm not in the habit of taking orders from ignoramuses, so I'm good.
    Thanks for proving me right though.
    You're wrong and a dumb cunt.

They, along with all the other allied races, no longer require any pre-requisites to make them in Shadowlands, except for the questline, if even that. They're also no longer under a different category on the creation screen but right next to the "core" races. There is no difference between Core and Allied anymore.

You're wrong and a dumb cunt.
    I'm right and an intelligent cunt, thank you very much. That's why you're so angry now.