I've been hoping that at the end of SL there's some sort of timey-wimey stuff that either revives all the Night Elves killed at Teldrassil or either makes it not happen at all. If not, genocide is a pretty terrible burden for a playable faction to be saddled with.

Quote Originally Posted by Mungho View Post
    I've been hoping that at the end of SL there's some sort of timey-wimey stuff that either revives all the Night Elves killed at Teldrassil or either makes it not happen at all. If not, genocide is a pretty terrible burden for a playable faction to be saddled with.
    You do manage to rescue a good number of Night Elf souls from Torghast and bring them to Ardenweald.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    You do manage to rescue a good number of Night Elf souls from Torghast and bring them to Ardenweald.
    They're still dead and thus the Horde still killed them, but at least they're not in the Maw.

But as stated above, it was not Horde who did the genocide, it was just Sylvanas! Horde had nothing to do with it!

I don't see how's that different from Horde and Alliance killing each over the years. If one was okay with the continuous bloodshed before why aren't they okay with it now? Canonically all players have killed hundreds of the opposing faction's members. Why is Teldrassil any different except for MUH GORILLION. The Horde has genocided (actual meaning of the word) nelves over the years, not Sylvanas. Sylvanas ordered the destruction of their last big settlement. Finished off the leftovers, maybe.

That said, if I wanted to shut up the whiners and Sylvanas haters I would definitely rez the nelves, yes. If you asked me if I believe there's a chance of that happening then I'd say yes, I'm not dismissing such possibility
    Last edited by bagina; 2020-12-17 at 08:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by General Zanjin View Post
    Seeing as i dont trust the current lore leader who loves to recton anything to fit his vision.
    i am sticking with recton.
    Dude, it is obvious that it is just an amateur theater trying to summarize the key plot points of what happened during Legion and BFA. They skipped over Trial of Valor (even though Heyla will be a major antagonist, and is really the main antagonist of the Kyrian storyline) and crucible of storms while joking about Uldir with the whole "tamed young gromling as G'huun" bit.

Some of them even comment on how characters like Gul'dan, Kil'jaeden, Jaina and Azshara lost their encounters even though they should've won. Some of the actors even got frustrated that characters like Jaina and Azshara weren't even killed. Even the title of the quest is a joke.

I don't like it how blizzard is retconning left right and center but to view this tongue and check joke as an actual retcon is silly.

It would be like saying the in-universe spoof (I mean historically accurate portrayal) of the Cell Games during the Buu arc was a "retcon".
    Last edited by Volardelis; 2020-12-17 at 08:50 AM.

3+ Year Old Account
    Since being a threat to the Shadowlands and its ecosystem already guarantees a person to be sent to Maw, does that mean Grom and his Warsongs who killed Wisps are in the Maw?

- - - Updated - - -

also, it's nice that Night Elves got in Ardenweald; but what about Furbolgs, Draenei, High Elves, Highborne, and Gilneans who died in Teldrassil and Darkshore?
    The Alliance gets the Horde's most popular race. The Horde should get the Alliance's most popular race in return. Alteraci Humans for the Horde!

I make Warcraft 3 Reforged HD custom models and I'm also an HD model reviewer.

Hey, how would you all react if at the end of SL, after defeating whoever the final boss is and Jaina, Thrall, etc. are congratulating us, a sudden massive influx of souls inundates the Shadowlands. Worried, we try to go back to Azeroth only to find, its not there. Azeroth woke up, killing everyone on its surface and taking off to fight the void lords itself. WoW will now take place on the Vindicaar, which managed to save a handful of each race, as they travel worlds looking for a new home.

(Not that I want this, I just see Blizzard pulling this. Well, I do kinda want it since Azeroth is so messed up.)
    Last edited by Mungho; 2020-12-20 at 03:11 PM.

They're still dead and thus the Horde still killed them, but at least they're not in the Maw.
    After you rescue them and deliver them to Ardenweald, Ysera explains to Shandris that these souls will find their place there and serve the cycle, which is definitely best place for most kaldorei souls. I don't expect any kind of ressurection and I hope there won't be any. Those who are dead should stay dead.

3+ Year Old Account
    That would be cool. I'm not a fan of AU/messing up the Timeways, but that sounds good to me
    I don't play WoW anymore smh.

Do you think that after the expansion is over there will be a specific lore explanation to why we're still allowed to roam the Shadowlands or will it be the case of lore and gameplay being separate, as in in lore we'll never visit it again but in the game you're allowed to go wherever

What if there's a Plan of Life where souls are being born before going into the mortal reality and they are being created out of anima from Shadowlands? So Shadowland and Plan of Life are actually connected and codependent on each other. And maybe that's Jailer's plan to deny all anima from the Plan of Life so no new life is created. Could be some 9.2 or 9.3 material.

Quote Originally Posted by bagina View Post
    Do you think that after the expansion is over there will be a specific lore explanation to why we're still allowed to roam the Shadowlands or will it be the case of lore and gameplay being separate, as in in lore we'll never visit it again but in the game you're allowed to go wherever
    same as AU Draenor, we closed door behind (except recruitment of Mag'Har Scenario)
    same will happen for Shadowlands

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    It was stated it was Sylvanas.. not the horde.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by bagina View Post
    Probably not.. gameplay/lore is in play same as Dreanor which was closed at the end.
    I am more curious what the actual shadowland races will do.. I mean thesse guys will be hanging with us for more then a year. I am sure none of those races are curious about Azeroth.>.>

https://imgur.com/a/VgXMJy5
    We knew these arbiter guardians use human male model, but it was weird to see a black beard and blue eyes under the helm when he was in my frame, made me lol. Now knowing that we have big bald humans with blue eyes standing everywhere in oribos ;s
    Last edited by Alanar; 2020-12-27 at 09:47 PM.

So I was wondering why the jailor didnt go after Malfurion, after all, Malfurion is one of those guys who would be neutral and Tyrande not. It would be a good idea to leave Tyrande at Azeroth and take Malfurion.

Quote Originally Posted by Talrath View Post
    So I was wondering why the jailor didnt go after Malfurion, after all, Malfurion is one of those guys who would be neutral and Tyrande not. It would be a good idea to leave Tyrande at Azeroth and take Malfurion.
    I think the targets were a mix of needing for something (Anduin) or just pettiness (Baine). Also could be these are the pillars of their respecting faction, easier to sow despair if you aim for the "top brass".
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

Quote Originally Posted by Alanar View Post
    It was stated it was Sylvanas.. not the horde.
    Yeah, that's going to go over great with the rabid alliance fans. There's a night elf poster on the official forums who keeps posting things like 'Just reminding all you filthy horde that you're monsters that need to be killed.'
    No matter how much they try to make the burning all Sylvanas' fault the horde will still be tainted because she did it as warchief.
    This is all Blizzard's fault for making the story this way.

Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    But as stated above, it was not Horde who did the genocide, it was just Sylvanas! Horde had nothing to do with it!
    "It was the Nazis. Not anyone in the german army that wasn't specifically a Nazi." Yeaaaaaaa.

Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    Right, but Wrathion is not omniscient, and as I was saying the cosmos is endless. It's very likely that a future expansion will revolve around a World Soul that has been corrupted. Blizzard wouldn't keep the concept of a "Void Titan" confined to a lore book that 90% of the playerbase didn't even buy.
    I mean, we've been hunting Sargeras for nearly 15 years. Not to mention Elune is also not appearing.

Don't expect a void titan to come out anytime soon, I'm not even confident we'll go to the void next.

Quote Originally Posted by hllfrmththrsd View Post
    What if there's a Plan of Life where souls are being born before going into the mortal reality and they are being created out of anima from Shadowlands? So Shadowland and Plan of Life are actually connected and codependent on each other. And maybe that's Jailer's plan to deny all anima from the Plan of Life so no new life is created. Could be some 9.2 or 9.3 material.
    You might be onto something. This is a very Blizz idea.