Page 11 of 21 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Corruption is totally wrong since it's too random and too much game defining.

IMHO it is the worst mechanic added as a character progression method.

The penalties corruption entails are EXTREMELY unfun for me.
    The slowing debuff, the suicide ghosts and whatever else are just horrendously annoying.
    Even stacking resistance (which is an awful design in itself) does not make the corruption mechanic interesting.

To add insult to injury the beneficial procs/bonuses from corruption are boring as hell, very basic and unimaginative and lame.

Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    I don't think I remember many other things that were as bad as corruption.
    First thing that comes to mind is LFR

Quote Originally Posted by kaminaris View Post
    Exactly this. Acquisition is thousand times more important. Even with moderate farming I got my boots after a fucking 8 months of grinding that consisted of 800 raid bosses, 240 emissaries and god knows how much M+ and other shit activities.

While in BfA in first week I got like 5 corrupted items and simply got one guaranteed from raid.

This really isn't debatable. People who complain about corruption either
    1. Never played legion
    2. Got their bis legiondaries early and "I don't see a problem because I was lucky"
    Bull$hit.

I had 2 specs finished in Legendaries and was looting for my Prot spec around Nighthold.

You got your BiS 8 months in, means you didn't play the game.
    Last edited by Huzzaa; 2020-07-26 at 03:44 PM.

phasing and CRZ are two different things, phasing as it came in wrath killed WPVP by opening up the ability to escape into phase envelopes.

Flying was fine in BC because they included anti-air elements like they have in mechagon and the 8.3 invasion zones.

corruption was dogshit same as titforging until they added the canned corruptions to allow for determinant crafting of corrupted gear.

Took me forever to get BIS shoulders for rogue in legion , corruption vendor fixed the game shame they didn’t bring it out sooner only problem currently in BFA is OP fire mages and BM hunters, rest of the game is good
    Last edited by Tamurello; 2020-07-26 at 04:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Huzzaa View Post
    Bull$hit.

I had 2 specs finished in Legendaries and was looting for my Prot spec around Nighthold.

You got your BiS 8 months in, means you didn't play the game.
    Where did you miss that 800 raid bosses including LFR? And mind you, I had 3 cutting edges for those raids EN, ToV and NH. I had to be playing game.

Yes this system was THAT retarded. I personally saw a dude that got 2 leggos from 2 sequential raid bosses while I got one each 3-4 weeks.

And what do you say about that dude that did 1500 M+ and still had 4 leggos then? He didn't play the game?
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...soft-cap-again

Those people never played the game too?

10+ Year Old Account
    Pvp is completely ruined to do it, and if your corruption is too high, the number of negative affects are
    completely retarded.

Yeah, corruption is bad. But I abused the shit out of UVLS back in MoP, so I can't really say with confidence that this is the worst thing Blizzard has ever done.

Where did you miss that 800 raid bosses including LFR? And mind you, I had 3 cutting edges for those raids EN, ToV and NH. I had to be playing game.

Yes this system was THAT retarded. I personally saw a dude that got 2 leggos from 2 sequential raid bosses while I got one each 3-4 weeks.

And what do you say about that dude that did 1500 M+ and still had 4 leggos then? He didn't play the game?
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...soft-cap-again

Those people never played the game too?
    1st reply on your linked thread.

CoolStoryBoB.

EDIT: I'm not going to get into this argument with you. You're hellbent on being right on every thread you post. You're clearly going off on a crapshoot here again.

To be so blind to find the Corruption system acquisition method(pre-vendor, and hell even with it) better than Legiondaries... please.
    And the bigger point is the fact that the legendaries really didn't make such a massive difference in player power, except very few singular pieces. While Masterful 3 on all my pieces on my ret... And this isn't the ret paladin that I had 4 months into the patch in Nyalotha.
    Last edited by Huzzaa; 2020-07-26 at 04:36 PM.

1st reply on your linked thread.

CoolStoryBoB.

EDIT: I'm not going to get into this argument with you. You're hellbent on being right on every thread you post. You're clearly going off on a crapshoot here again.

To be so blind to find the Corruption system acquisition method(pre-vendor, and hell even with it) better than Legiondaries... please.
    And the bigger point is the fact that the legendaries really didn't make such a massive difference in player power, except very few singular pieces. While Masterful 3 on all my pieces on my ret... And this isn't the ret paladin that I had 4 months into the patch in Nyalotha.
    Read more replies. Dude, read it and then talk.

+150 m+ done since so called soft cap was removed. about 5 weeks without legendary. Gotta love this
    On my alt I got 70 and I got two already.
    It is infinitely better acquisition method. Blind?

No, you would have to not play legion to think that corruptions were even remotely as bad as legiondaries.

Read more replies. Dude, read it and then talk.

It is infinitely better acquisition method. Blind?

No, you would have to not play legion to think that corruptions were even remotely as bad as legiondaries.
    Yes, corruptions are worse. The amount of stuff you can get them on, and the rank, is literally every random drop in the game.

Legendaries, you looted it, you were done.

End of discussion.

Yes, corruptions are worse. The amount of stuff you can get them on, and the rank, is literally every random drop in the game.

Legendaries, you looted it, you were done.

End of discussion.
    No, legiondaries were far worse, you could be farming thousands of dungeons and still wouldn't be done for good couple of months, not to mention there was no specific drops from anywhere, and you couldn't buy them for gold.

Corruptions can drop specific from raid, you can buy one from ah or farm M+ and share them with others.

End of discussion. Legendaries were infinitely worse.

Quote Originally Posted by Doffen View Post
    Nice lie. In 4 months in Legion I was decked with all, while 4 months in 8.3 I have not gotten BiS yet, and I don't have it yet either because like legendaries, the vendor came after progress were done. It's debatable because people have different opinions. Clearly. The acquisition was objectively worse for Corruption, what was it 54 different types of corruption including ranks. When all is random, how can one thing be worse when it comes to how you get it vs the other? Corruption is also more of your throughput than legendaries ever was. So to get the right corruption mattered more than getting the right legendaries.

For some reason you ignore that.
    Bullshit

Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    It's interesting system. For the first time in Wow's history you have some sort of "engineering" sort of mechanic. I.e. you have limited resources and need to arrange them some way in order to achieve the best performance. If only it would be balanced. But today's Blizzard just can do anything without implementing some IMBA, everybody have to grind through several layers of RNG and time-gating.
    I agree that idea is conceptually sound. I just think in the execution here it's really bad. Another example of that system was reforging. Or even socketing / enchanting your gear. Limited slots, limited choices, but arrange it how you please.

Those had minor effects on gameplay, and there's probably a nice sweet spot between a marginal difference on "engineering" your character and put this infinite stars on to one shot everything.

I'll say this... crafting legendaries seems like it could be much closer to the ideal in that regard.

Depends on the way you look at it,really. Overall game wise? I would say phasing for me has been the worst addition. CRZ is fine, but phasing makes teh world feel dead.

Gameplay wise? Definitely corruption, having a mouthbreather roll two IS and one TD early on made him be in top 5 of my guild, where as he would compete with tanks most of the time before. Kind of a joke,really.

15+ Year Old Account
    Corruption system as it is is pretty decent, but it's RNG implementation was beyond horrible and THAT makes it the worst. If they had vendors from the start it would have been much much better experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Dommie530 View Post
    Bullshit
    What's bullshit? That there are 54 corruptions you have to get your best from? Might have been 58, sorry about that. If you get a corruption and it's a dps-loss, is that better than getting healing pants on Hunter(legendary) which is a dps upgrade because of the amount of stats compared to non-legendary? Is that bullshit? Or that you didn't play Legion so you dont know getting a leggo every 2 weeks was very common if you played the game? Or that corruption is so powerful that legendaries were never even close to the difference between bad and good? Or that you could do thousands of dungeons and raid bosses and still not get your bis corruption? You mind tell me how that's any different than getting legendaries which actually had bad luck protection? You can apply the same thing to corruptions as legendaries.

Or did you just say bullshit because reasons? I know what I am putting my money on here.

Quote Originally Posted by Iem View Post
    Cant see how you could argue against that corruptions is a way better and easier to acquire than legiondaries.
    Of course it is. Simply because there is a definite way to get exactly what you want in first week = buying one from AH. And getting one from raid was also possible.
    Was there any definitive way to get specific leggo? Not until the very end of legion.

There is a reason why blizzard apologized for legiondaries and called corruptions successful experiment.

So many people focus in on the 'random' nature of acquiring both corruption and other similar systems like legenderies, but ignore what I believe is the biggest issue of most of these systems - non class abilities representing the majority of your damage during a fight.

Some of the data you see has well over 50% of the characters damage coming from things that have nothing to do with the class or spec - just generic items - essences, azerite traits, corruption. Personally, i find that extremely boring and it doesnt appeal to me at all.