Page 14 of 21 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Huzzaa View Post
    Correct idea, wrong reason though.

Devs do as they're told. And what they're told is to keep the player retention high... or be replaced in their work. So Ion goes to the meeting of directors with another idea to do that, because he wants to keep his job.
    New system, to keep player retention as high as possible. Tuning the knobs as tightly as possible. And when the squirming gets loud enough, they loosen it a lil' bit. (corruption vendor, *cough*)

I miss old Blizzard. These systems are such BS indicators of what they've become. Koticks wallet-sack.
    True dude. It only works for them because the majority of people can't think five seconds into the future, let alone realize the full nature of the money machine this game has become.

I don't blame the devs or anyone trying to make money. I just hate suffering.

Quote Originally Posted by kaminaris View Post
    Yep, I was at brink of quitting doing braindead content for 8 months. Meanwhile couple of players got lucky in first month. That sucked so hard.
    Same with corruption here. Seeing someone getting 30% of their damage from IS then me getting my 5% from Twisted Appendige damage sucked so hard. While doing braindead content like Horrific Visions and Islands and warfront. Nvm, didn't do the two last ones and didn't do HV after facerolling the Faceloss One title.

While in Legion I was just 5% down in terms of power with my Shadow Hunter's Mask vs other hunter with boots. While doing awesome content. Glad Shadowlands is the proper Legion 2.0 just without Titanforging.

Quote Originally Posted by Doffen View Post
    Same with corruption here. Seeing someone getting 30% of their damage from IS then me getting my 5% from Twisted Appendige damage sucked so hard. While doing braindead content like Horrific Visions and Islands and warfront. Nvm, didn't do the two last ones and didn't do HV after facerolling the Faceloss One title.

While in Legion I was just 5% down in terms of power with my Shadow Hunter's Mask vs other hunter with boots. While doing awesome content. Glad Shadowlands is the proper Legion 2.0 just without Titanforging.
    Nah dude, you were just lazy since there was ways to acquire exact corruption you wanted.
    Same cannot be said about legiondaries.

I kinda laugh at that argument of braindead activities like visions islands or warfronts when you compare that to:
    emissaries, WQs, LFR, picking random chests in legion

And unfortunately for you Shadowlands is BfA 2.0 just without titanforging. Much more things in common.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think the concept of having gear corrupted by an Old God is cool, I just absolutely hate the execution. It's annoying getting a piece that's a good ilvl upgrade, but also has an insane amount of corruption that puts you over your resistance lvl. It's even more annoying when you're trying to heal or tank, and constantly having to move out of shit spawning under you because you have a little too much corruption. I will not miss it at all.
    Last edited by Synros; 2020-07-28 at 04:15 AM.
    ON WEDNESDAYS WE WEAR PINK

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Willhouse View Post
    If blizz didnt implement corruption game would be pretty much deserted.Corruption is fun on so many levels.
    Indeed. To me, 8.3 is so bad that if we didn't get to annihilate everything that moves, using tricks disturbingly similar to those used in private "funservers" - few would have stayed to enjoy the otherwise amazing content, such as Uldum/VoEB, HVs and a mediocre raid.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

People who played in Legion of course know the amount they needed to get their legendaries. This is the worst I see, someone who claims that people forgot or don't know, just to validate their own opinion. It's kinda hard to validate when you got all leggos, if you didn't screenshot it. 1st of march I had all leggos except the gloves which were added in 7.1.5. I can't see when I got those, but that was the last one I needed. Then again I had changed main in November when I dinged my hunter, and already had 3-4 alts that I got several leggos on.

Because,your example is just that. It just does not prove more than what one certain player did. Some people also got their best legendaries before the very last one, and they might have stopped farming the rest as well. There are so many variables that one certain example does not make everything be the same.

All this can be applied to corruption too. I am not sure why you don't talk about that? That's the discussion here.

- - - Updated - - -

Mhm, deflecting is a way to go as well. Don't bother quote me again then if you don't want to hear it. You don't have to answer me you know. At least properly.

It wasnt evidence for me, but something you said blizzard said that they didn't really say, and you took it almost 4 months further in time when the actual change and post happened not 3 months after launch. Simply put, you are a liar.
    Did i ever say anythinf about a change? I simply said u werent able to get ALL your legendaries the first 4 months which u couldnt, u kept argueinf you were able to get all legendaries from 30 aufust 2016- // 20 december 2016 which u dindt, xonpletly fine making me out a lair when your the one that shitting around wirh nonsense

Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    It's the end of the last patch. They always allow crazy OP tomfoolery.
    Which is why any thing before the last tier is pretty dull and boring.

OT: Legion legendaries were far worse than corruptions.

Azerite armour and corruption are the 2 worse editions to this game in it's whole lifespan,for sure. They're a total cancer and I despise them! But that's just my opinion

Maybe I'm just unlucky with all the random corruptions, but all the buffs they give me improve hardly anything important, but they drop a massive AoE that also slows me, just to make sure I don't get out in time. Seriously, that damn eye is so annoying. I'd get out of boss's AoE just to get another dropped right in my feet. It's not that I can't get out of it. It's that I'm getting punished, randomly, for doing damage.

Quote Originally Posted by Dommie530 View Post
    Did i ever say anythinf about a change? I simply said u werent able to get ALL your legendaries the first 4 months which u couldnt, u kept argueinf you were able to get all legendaries from 30 aufust 2016- // 20 december 2016 which u dindt, xonpletly fine making me out a lair when your the one that shitting around wirh nonsense
    No, I did not argue that, and even mentioned the soft cap on leggos several times. I did not say those times at all, and even said several times as well that it was from november when I dinged 110 on my hunter.

What you do now is trying to save yourself for total embarrasment by trying to put stuff on me that simply put isn't true. So again, you are a liar. Didn't you say that you were going to stop responding to me? 3 times now, maybe stop before it gets worse.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I am a living proof of what you said about impatient is not right, and I am far from the only one so disagree completely there. Is that a way of implying that the four layers of rng was nothing to fuss about or? There was no form for actually getting the corruption I wanted except hoping for it to proc on item, correct corruption, correct rank, correct item level. Because getting lets say Infinite Stars on a 445 item if you got 470 item with other corruption, that wouldn't do in most cases. I generally agree about the commitment with most things in WoW, but with no BLP in place like legendaries which is the closest thing to compare it with, there was zero guarantees for you to get the corruption you wanted. I am not sure how you can bypass that in your argument?
    The point I was making is that I fundamentally disagree with your assertion that failing to get the corruptions you wanted is a real problem. I think that many players have trouble separating needs from wants. The need during progression was to have decent corruptions, not perfect corruptions. And having the possibility to improve your corruptions during progression is a good thing.

And the thing about gave in is that they definitely had some actual technical issues that shouldn't have been there if they were actually planning this, like taking off corruption would make that item ineligible for adding corruption to it. Was it fixed anyway? I have only bought 3 Gushing Wounds for none-corruption pieces so I have no idea if they did. They also said it was because people gave feedback about it.
    I won't pretend to have some inside knowledge of what their initial plan was. Given what you're saying here, I can agree that it seems likely that they didn't initially plan on a vendor. But that doesn't mean that they were planning on not doing anything. What seems most likely to me is that they took a wait-and-see approach and then adapted according to the changing needs.
    Last edited by Raelbo; 2020-07-28 at 11:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by kaminaris View Post
    Nah dude, you were just lazy since there was ways to acquire exact corruption you wanted.
    Same cannot be said about legiondaries.
    Oh, I could acquire Infinite Stars rank 3 from a certain drop or? Tell me where please, before the vendor arrived. Or you don't have to, there wasn't. Corruption had 4 layers of RNG which had to proc in your favor. Avoidance rank 1 ftw.

I kinda laugh at that argument of braindead activities like visions islands or warfronts when you compare that to:
    emissaries, WQs, LFR, picking random chests in legion
    I guess when you were laughing you forgot you have WQs, emissaries, LFR and even chests in BfA too
    And you forgot to mention:

1. Class Halls and all the content it gave us, different from each class
    2. Mage Tower with different questlines and fights for different roles/specs
    3. Class Mounts
    4. Suramar/Suramar Insurrection
    5. Profession Quest lines
    6. Artifact Weapon/Skins/Balance of Power

Mage Tower alone was better content than Islands and Warfronts together. Clearly, you didn't play in Legion.

And unfortunately for you Shadowlands is BfA 2.0 just without titanforging. Much more things in common.
    Yeah, it's pretty clear that you are willing to lie and say untrue things just to try to get BfA up as a "good" expansion. Shadowlands is rightfully being called the true Legion 2.0 by the looks of it, many players.

Legendaries=legiondairies
    Soulbinds=leggo relics
    Covenants=Class Hall. One of the game designer said that they didn't want to do another 12 Class Halls like in Legion since it took so much effort, so they thought 4 Covenant was a good number.

There is nothing but a few Azerite traits that is in the Legiondairy 2.0 system in Shadowlands left from BfA.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Raelbo View Post
    The point I was making is that I fundamentally disagree with your assertion that failing to get the corruptions you wanted is a real problem. I think that many players have trouble separating needs from wants. The need during progression was to have decent corruptions, not perfect corruptions. And having the possibility to improve your corruptions during progression is a good thing.
    Okay, I'm sorry, misunderstood you then. I can agree with this. Just to mention it, it looks to me that Ny'alotha is and was way under tuned. Just looking at the mythic kills on N'Zoth it surpasses every last boss in almost every expansion if I read it correctly. Want and need is different, I agree a lot on that one. I don't think the devs actually understood how much certain corruptions could do for your spec. My kind of problem with Corruption is the amount of difference it can do to you as a player compared to others. Skill is not that important anymore, and I think that's an issue myself.

IF corruption was only stat modifiers, I might have looked at it differently as it would be less corruptions to hope for to proc on the items, thus decreased rng, and would put everyone much closer to each other and we wouldn't have these outliers. But you couldn't really stack as you could do now or earlier, from when the vendor came.

I won't pretend to have some inside knowledge of what their initial plan was. Given what you're saying here, I can agree that it seems likely that they didn't initially plan on a vendor. But that doesn't mean that they were planning on not doing anything. What seems most likely to me is that they took a wait-and-see approach and then adapted according to the changing needs.
    I think that's a fair assumption myself. I guess they did see that getting Legendaries in end of Legion was an okay solution since progression was over, and decided to do so with Corruption too. And no, I have no inside info myself, hehe. But that's what it looked like to me. I could of course be 100% wrong!
    Last edited by Doffen; 2020-07-28 at 12:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    Examples?

Name some, I'm open to suggestions. Also I don't think it's fixed at all, it's still wildly broken.
    You could oneshot people in wotlk from ulduar patch onward
    gurthalak in cata
    tanaan jungle wpvp was generally a oneshot fest with the scaling from hfc gear

Pretty much every end patch and sometimes sooner tbh

- - - Updated - - -

Oh, I could acquire Infinite Stars rank 3 from a certain drop or? Tell me where please, before the vendor arrived. Or you don't have to, there wasn't. Corruption had 4 layers of RNG which had to proc in your favor. Avoidance rank 1 ftw.

I guess when you were laughing you forgot you have WQs, emissaries, LFR and even chests in BfA too
    And you forgot to mention:

1. Class Halls and all the content it gave us, different from each class
    2. Mage Tower with different questlines and fights for different roles/specs
    3. Class Mounts
    4. Suramar/Suramar Insurrection
    5. Profession Quest lines
    6. Artifact Weapon/Skins/Balance of Power

Mage Tower alone was better content than Islands and Warfronts together. Clearly, you didn't play in Legion.

Yeah, it's pretty clear that you are willing to lie and say untrue things just to try to get BfA up as a "good" expansion. Shadowlands is rightfully being called the true Legion 2.0 by the looks of it, many players.

Legendaries=legiondairies
    Soulbinds=leggo relics
    Covenants=Class Hall. One of the game designer said that they didn't want to do another 12 Class Halls like in Legion since it took so much effort, so they thought 4 Covenant was a good number.

There is nothing but a few Azerite traits that is in the Legiondairy 2.0 system in Shadowlands left from BfA.

- - - Updated - - -

Okay, I'm sorry, misunderstood you then. I can agree with this. Just to mention it, it looks to me that Ny'alotha is and was way under tuned. Just looking at the mythic kills on N'Zoth it surpasses every last boss in almost every expansion if I read it correctly. Want and need is different, I agree a lot on that one. I don't think the devs actually understood how much certain corruptions could do for your spec. My kind of problem with Corruption is the amount of difference it can do to you as a player compared to others. Skill is not that important anymore, and I think that's an issue myself.

I think that's a fair assumption myself. I guess they did see that getting Legendaries in end of Legion was an okay solution since progression was over, and decided to do so with Corruption too. And no, I have no inside info myself, hehe. But that's what it looked like to me. I could of course be 100% wrong!
    mage tower was highkey overrated because it was one and done.
    everything else was built to be actually, you know, used more than once.

I have completed close to 40 individual mage tower challenges, geared an alliance alt to do some twice. Honestly the 2nd time is easier than doing a 5mask vision

Quote Originally Posted by Boiled-Lobster View Post
    The only good thing about corruption is its removal with the pre-patch for SL.

In before people go apeshit about this, here's some facts;

- Logs are busted due to it.

- PvP ( please note I already dislike pvp ) is bloated as fuck
    - Despite a vendor, its still RNG ( YES IT IS ) as their is a cycle

- Its heavily overpriced ( 2k echoes for cores as catchup ( CATCH-UP ) system is NOT a catch up system but just a hypocricy). Even the better ones are too expensive in comparison of echoes/week.
    How are logs busted (aside from cheese strats that could probably be done in previous xpac ?) More player power is just more player power, if you had two BM hunters with the same gear and corruption they should sim the same and perform the same in raids, the only factor is player skill. The problem lies more with how different corruptions interact with different classes/specs, for instance you can stack all the BiS corruption on two different specs and instead of narrowing the divide in terms of DPS it actually widdens.

I'll give you pvp, running around oneshotting peeps with IS or TD or mindflay is kinda broken.

It is no longer RNG since the vendor was added because the rotation is fixed, the only RNG corruption is either from visions or weekly chest.

I will also agree that it is overpriced considering how much of a gap there is between alts and mains and the general reliance on corruption to clear this tier and m+ season.

But as far as disparity of player power it isn't much different than tiers sets (haven't played Legion so I don't know how legendaries affected the game).
    Last edited by Azharok; 2020-07-28 at 12:20 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Smoopie
    this change is to help players like you..... you know..night elf with tyrannical beheader...

Azharok - Dalaran EU

Quote Originally Posted by Kehego View Post
    mage tower was highkey overrated because it was one and done.

everything else was built to be actually, you know, used more than once.
    Yeah, I don't necessarily disagree that it would be cool to do it more. But for it was, Mage Tower was great, for me. But that's just my opinion. I did however do it on Hunter twice, since I had two

Yeah, I don't necessarily disagree that it would be cool to do it more. But for it was, Mage Tower was great, for me. But that's just my opinion. I did however do it on Hunter twice, since I had two
    anyway I don't even get the whole point about the grivances about HV cus you can 5mask at 15 cape and 445 itemlevel and its basically free gear. 2 clears and 1 M+ and you can basically get your alts 470+ with very little effort (inb4 visions are hard, they arent)

Quote Originally Posted by BetrayedOf52 View Post
    Not sure if it's the worst, but it's the only system to make me take a break from raiding, the first months... oh man.

I went from top 5 DPS in my guild to the bottom, because people were replacing their epic weapons with blue world quest weapons that had infinite stars and echoing void ( when it was good ) on them and tripling my damage. I thought well whatever ill just get one myself... after tons of farming I never saw one.

Now that it's the end of the expac and the vendor is in it's easier to get but they still ruin the game whether it's warlocks in arena or killing mythic Jaina before she transitions because our power jump was that of an entire expansion, we now treat her like last expansions mog boss.
    This is what bothers me about corruption (especially at the start), guy drops IS3 or whatever, does top damage while still messing up his rotation.
    Quote Originally Posted by Smoopie
    this change is to help players like you..... you know..night elf with tyrannical beheader...

Azharok - Dalaran EU

Quote Originally Posted by Kehego View Post
    anyway I don't even get the whole point about the grivances about HV cus you can 5mask at 15 cape and 445 itemlevel and its basically free gear. 2 clears and 1 M+ and you can basically get your alts 470+ with very little effort (inb4 visions are hard, they arent)
    Yeah, same here, that's my grievence with HV, it's way too easy and its just AoE faceroll. Not sure why anyone would say Visions are hard, they aren't. Stopped doing them in March, just way too easy and boring. Doing it on alts, same shit as on main.

It's free Azerite Armor trash that goes straight to the scrapper.

Oh, I could acquire Infinite Stars rank 3 from a certain drop or? Tell me where please, before the vendor arrived. [B]Or you don't have to, there wasn't. Corruption had 4 layers of RNG which had to proc in your favor. Avoidance rank 1 ftw.
    Yes from AH. Which again you couldn't do for legiondaries.

The amount of work I put towards legiondaries were enough to buy like 6 infinite stars rank 3. Not to mention it would simply drop me like 2000 corrupted items.

No, I did not argue that, and even mentioned the soft cap on leggos several times. I did not say those times at all, and even said several times as well that it was from november when I dinged 110 on my hunter.

What you do now is trying to save yourself for total embarrasment by trying to put stuff on me that simply put isn't true. So again, you are a liar. Didn't you say that you were going to stop responding to me? 3 times now, maybe stop before it gets worse.
    Preciously, you come here and argue something on my post and create your own fabrication of what i dindt even say, so instead of creating an illusion, perhaps you should awnser in the future of what said person said instead of creating your own fairy tales.

Tip;stop replying to people if all your do is ignore what their saying. And you making up a fabricated story, make your own post or something, not that hard Take care.
    Last edited by Dommie530; 2020-07-28 at 01:00 PM.