Page 4 of 23 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by RCA View Post
    Yea yea looking back at games when your older has you scratching your head but still doesn’t take away the joy I had playing during that time. This was the first go around in the 40k universe so when your young and starry eyed everything in that direction looks good. Kroot Warrior box was one of the first I ever got too, so I knew Tau. Plus been doing revisits on old games, due to the times, and starting to see that we are spoiled with quality today. RE2 on ps1, not a clue on how we ever saw anything in that game back in the day, maybe the older box TVs were displayed that format better idk.

Anyway this Darktide looks cool. Keep the dark and gloomy atmosphere since the hive city is basically fucked. And I thought I saw two enemies; a genestealer and the plagued ones at the end. So at least you fight multiple types of threats, with very different motives.
    There is tons of possibilities for enemies they can add, even minor less known xeno races in 40k lore could be main threats in other settings in their own right. But I doubt they add those probably focus on chaos and tyranids. Orks would be amazing to fight that are just too fucking awesome.

Like The Slaugth for example is a straight up horror race, when they speak it's a mish-mash of the voices of all their victims final moments.
    Last edited by ParanoiD84; 2020-07-24 at 04:33 PM.
    Do you hear the voices too?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    I still dig it but would prefer to just be a Krieg Youth in a long coat with a bayonet. But having a door open to playing as a Bolter Bitch in the service of an Inquisitor is appealing as well.
    That is still a possibility, from my limited understanding from the lore agents that work for the inquisitors can be just about anything. As the Inquisition acts above the laws of a planetary government and so they will play a long out of respect (some at least) till it hinders them.

So that's the beauty of going down this path of characters, you can end up with criminals, assassins, former military, psykers and so on Inquisitors unlike Space Marines can be either puritan in their believe or radical, where as the latter means they'll use whatever they deem useful xenos and heretic weapons or not.

That's my understanding at least from reading Eisenhorn.

Quote Originally Posted by Acidbaron View Post
    That is still a possibility, from my limited understanding from the lore agents that work for the inquisitors can be just about anything. As the Inquisition acts above the laws of a planetary government and so they will play a long out of respect (some at least) till it hinders them.

So that's the beauty of going down this path of characters, you can end up with criminals, assassins, former military, psykers and so on Inquisitors unlike Space Marines can be either puritan in their believe or radical, where as the latter means they'll use whatever they deem useful xenos and heretic weapons or not.

An Inquisitor is not all powerful. He may not answer to planetary governments but he answers to the Inquisition as a whole. If the others consider that one of them has become unhinged, perhaps even way too friendly with aliens or too curious about heretical notions, he can be called in and investigated and dealt with...quietly, the general population must never know that even the Inquisition can fail.

Quote Originally Posted by The Butt Witch View Post
    An Inquisitor is not all powerful. He may not answer to planetary governments but he answers to the Inquisition as a whole. If the others consider that one of them has become unhinged, perhaps even way too friendly with aliens or too curious about heretical notions, he can be called in and investigated and dealt with...quietly, the general population must never know that even the Inquisition can fail.
    Like Octarius? Because that shit was hillarious.

Quote Originally Posted by Rendark View Post
    If it's just the Imperial Guards then i don't really care. If i can play as an Ork then im in.
    But brah, we have not really even have had an IG game, unless you count DoW series.
    We finally can get FPS as the most average "dudes" against cosmic horrors, instead of again smashing them as Astartes.

This IS the thing. I hope.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    Take that haters.
    IF IM STUPID, so is Donald Trump.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by KrayZ33 View Post
    Pff, as if the games portray them as anything other than ever loyal war machines, or on the verge of being corrupted. The individual Star Wars Clone Warriors have more character than the individual Space Marine.

Dawn of War, Deathwing, Space Marine, Inquisition, Space Hulk, Gothic Armada - all the same.

They are basically of one mind. They are all monastic and conditioned.

I mean... that's pretty much what they are supposed to embody anyway.
    Ah yes ofc, dawn of war where every playable SM is exactly the same and all have the same voice and there´s nothing to distinguish them...

Oh wait there is, bcs every one of the squad is different with their own character, who would have guessed...

Quote Originally Posted by Acidbaron View Post

Luetin has a pretty extensive breakdown of the inquisition on his youtube channel. Warning, they're a two 90 minute videos, and they cover almost EVERY aspect of the inquisition, so maybe have them playing in the background while you're doing something else.

Part 1: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-W2VGNAIs3A
    Part 2: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rnHED1BuXvI

But yeah, depending on what inquisitor you're working for, the playable characters in Darktide could be just about anything. If I had to take a guess, based on the variety of Vermintide characters, I'd say there's likely to be:

An adept of the Mechanicus.
    A commissar.
    An Imperial guardsman.
    Some kind of Psyker.
    Some agent of the officio assassinorum, likely the Vindicare for sniping gameplay.

Extending out from there I'd guess the people hoping for an Adeptus Sororitas would be spot on. We might even see some form of Space Marine, although they're so bulky and proliferate in other 40k games, I'd guess that it wouldn't really fit the theme of Darktide.

And I'm sure each playable character will have A LOT of character, the same way each class in Vermintide did.

Quote Originally Posted by Tabrotar View Post
    Ah yes ofc, dawn of war where every playable SM is exactly the same and all have the same voice and there´s nothing to distinguish them...

Oh wait there is, bcs every one of the squad is different with their own character, who would have guessed...
    Indeed having read and listened to about one hundred novels or so all adeptus astartes chapters varies greatly even companies like first and second companies have different traditions and stuff. Even successor chapters varies greatly.

They wouldn't be so damn popular I'f they where all the same after all.
    Last edited by ParanoiD84; 2020-07-24 at 09:13 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ParanoiD84 View Post
    Indeed having read and listened to about one hundred novels or so all adeptus astartes chapters varies greatly even companies like first and second companies have different traditions and stuff. Even successor chapters varies greatly.

They wouldn't be so damn popular I'f they where all the same after all.
    Exactly this, just the 4th and 2nd companies of the ultras are way way different, mostly bcs of their captains as cato is just... ugh (i heared he got better in the last or last few books) and uriel is way more about what the ultras were back in crusade times and isn´t following the codex like a gospel (which girlyman also was freaked of to hear after he was ressurected).

Yeah - whatever you say guys. I'm sure there is even a black space marine somewhere, such diverse characters!

When it comes down to SMs, it's always about how much heresy each and everyone is willing to punish. You don't have much of an individual goal inside the same squad of guys or even in a chapter.
    Last edited by KrayZ33; 2020-07-24 at 09:37 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Yeah - whatever you say guys. I'm sure there is even a black space marine somewhere, such diverse characters!
    Salamanders and their successors anyone?

If you don´t know shit stop talking to the adults please.

Salamanders and their successors anyone?

If you don´t know shit stop talking to the adults please.
    Holy hell, do you even understand what I'm talking about? Or did you just want to proof my point so badly?
    Tell me about how that SM chapter is so diverse and full of characters that you could write a compelling story with likeable characters that isn't about purging HERESY with your BROTHERS while screaming FOR THE EMPEROR. Or did you just mention them because they have a dark skin colour - that's hilarious and exactly what I was talking about!

They are flipping, boring as hell, superhumans with (plot) armor that can conquer planets even though they are in the mere thousands.
    The SM individual has no character - the lore around the whole faction is about them not having character and about representing unity and blind loyality inside their chapters. They are so holy and loyal, they start weeping tears of blood - and whenever that happens, it's supposedly so meaningful and devastating, that the whole universe should tremble.

Yeah.... no thanks. Not the "Vermin"-tide I know and want.

You can like SMs all you want - I really don't mind. It doesn't change how they are being portrayed as:

Emotionally stunted war machines. They are good if you want to purge some heresy with a flamer or two, they have cool weapons too. But that's about it. Their characters are boring. It's the part were wh-fantasy wins over 40k and that's partly due to how space marines are being handled.
    Last edited by KrayZ33; 2020-07-24 at 10:10 PM.

When it comes down to SMs, it's always about how much heresy each and everyone is willing to punish. You don't have much of an individual goal inside the same squad of guys or even in a chapter.
    Dawn of fire novel have a black character on the cover, that and plenty of black characters in art.

Last edited by ParanoiD84; 2020-07-24 at 10:00 PM.

Dawn of fire novel have a black character on the cover, that and plenty of black characters in art.
    I GUES SARCASM DOESN'T TRANSLATE INTO TEXT.

You guys do understand that using "black characters" to show diversity, is frowned upon and being made fun off, right?

I'm saying that this game as 4 space marines will be a game with 4 characters that are basically the same.
    People are saying how they don't want to play as 4 anonymous guardsmen, when space marines are the embodiment of monotonous characters.
    Last edited by KrayZ33; 2020-07-24 at 10:19 PM.

I GUES SARCASM DOESN'T TRANSLATE INTO TEXT.

You guys do understand that using "black characters" to show diversity, is frowned upon and being made fun off, right?
    Someone's mad, good thing there is no astartes in this game if you dislike them so much.

Anyways astartes are fucking amazing with tons of personality and they would not be so hugely popular if they where so boring.

Read some novels and you will see

The Blood Angel's are one example with their two gene flaws the red thirst and the black rage making them very different from other chapters, oh and the death company is fucking badass.

I recommend Dante and devestation of baal for some amazing characters and character development and personality.

Someone's mad, good thing there is no astartes in this game if you dislike them so much.
    You or me?

Because I have no reason to be mad? Isn't it you guys that made it look like I slandered your favorite toys?

You or me?

Because I have no reason to be mad? Isn't it you guys that made it look like I slandered your favorite toys?
    Yeah we can see that. How about just leaving the thread for us exited for the game.

Again read Dante and Devestation of Baal or the hundreds of other novels and you will see how wrong you are. There is tons of personality and difference in not just chapters but characters.
    Last edited by ParanoiD84; 2020-07-24 at 10:31 PM.

Yeah we can see that. How about just leaving the thread for us exited for the game.
    Well... yes. You are awful at reading/understanding the situation I guess. You might want to re-read the last page or something.

It's hard to discuss things on an objective level when people are clearly personally invested in something.
    I didn't want to hurt the feelings of space marine fans.

I just pointed out that games portray them as always the same deal. If you don't believe that - you are just wrong.

Well... yes. You are awful at reading/understanding the situation I guess. Might want to re-read the last page or something.
    Why your arguing that the astartes lack personality and differences and we said they don't because among the hundred or so novels i read and listened to it's just plain wrong there is tons of personality again read Dante and Devestation of Baal or the hundreds of other novels available and you can see for your self.
    Last edited by ParanoiD84; 2020-07-24 at 10:37 PM.