Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Orange Joe View Post
    I wasn't saying they were manned. I was just explaining how I got the number I did.

Can you show me where the person I replied to mentions anything other than traveling at the speed of sound?
    I was not speaking to specifically to you about unmanned craft, just generally that we cannot do that.
    No offense intended.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    Take that haters.
    IF IM STUPID, so is Donald Trump.

Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel View Post
    No. That's the thing. We will never be able to observe anything that is beyond our observable universe right now.
    Those statements are not correct.

The observable universe means the universe we can currently observe, and it is currently growing so we will later be able to observe 2.36 as many galaxies, "future visibility limit" (assuming we can see them despite deep red-shift, and assuming the theories are correct) - but then it will shrink and we will no longer be able to observe as much.

However, we will not be able to observe most of those galaxies as they are at the current "time after the big bang".

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Observ...vable_universe

Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel View Post
    As the universe expands, things beyond the edge of our observable universe will be travelling away from us faster than the speed of light. Eventually even things we see right now, that are near the edge of our observable universe, will be redshifted into oblivion and we won't be able to see them anymore.
    That will be correct.

Anyone doubting that Alien orientated UFO's exist or Aliens itself exist then why are there 18957285e100000000000000000 reports on them? videos? ive even had encounters and several people that i know.
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    Anyone doubting that Alien orientated UFO's exist or Aliens itself exist then why are there 18957285e100000000000000000 reports on them? videos? ive even had encounters and several people that i know.
    Do you believe ghosts exist? There are reports on those as well/

Demons? has reports on them.

Angels.... same.

Dragons, fairies, leprechauns,.... I could go on if you would like.
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Well, if you see something flying around and yet, are not sure what it is, that makes it a UFO.

With the vastness of the Universe, the odds are damn high there exists some other intelligent life somewhere. But that does not mean they can defy the known laws of physics and travel to other star systems in a reasonable time span. If we discover a way to travel across vast distances quickly ( and I am not talking about light speed, that would still be ridiculously slow in terms of interstellar travel ), then of course, that would change a lot of things.
    Last edited by Ghostpanther; 2020-07-27 at 12:44 AM.
    " If destruction be our lot, we must ourselves be its author and finisher.." - Abraham Lincoln
    The Constitution be never construed to authorize Congress to - prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms..” - Samuel Adams

10+ Year Old Account
    Because pareidolia is a thing.
    Because a lot of people have no clue what they're actually looking at. See the three videos released by the US government recently, which show such amazing things as "yeah, that's a bird" or "this is exactly what happens when a camera's tracking of a plane stops tracking".

The other really obvious point is this; UFO stories and footage was way more common in the '60s through the '90s. It's died off, massively. Why? Because we all carry high-resolution digital cameras in our pockets, these days, which are all capable of capturing video. And once you do, it becomes super easy to tell exactly what's going on and debunk any claims of alien presence.

UFOs exist in the same way that Jesus really did choose to appear to you on your toast this morning, you can kind of see him if you squint and angle your head just right. It's the same thing.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Butt Witch View Post
    Jesus! UFOs don't necessarily mean aliens!

Any flying object, most likely of human make, that can't be immediately identified is a "UFO".
    These can be aircrafts and drones belonging to other countries, about which local authorities aren't aware. Or perhaps even experiments with secret projects, that somehow leak to the general public.

For example. One of the...cases was an pilot relaying an encounter with a flying object that was maneuvering and switching directions way too fast for an airplane.

Yeah like a...huge drone? Drones the size of a car are very much possible AND they would switch directions quickly because they don't have a pilot that would be knocked around by almost instant turns.
    Not. Made. Of. This. Earth.

Gotta read before you post, otherwise embarrassing things like the above happen. Whole point is that the Pentagon might be ready to admit that extraterrestrials made the vehicles they are showing in the video.

Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post

Gotta read before you post, otherwise embarrassing things like the above happen. Whole point is that the Pentagon might be ready to admit that extraterrestrials made the vehicles they are showing in the video.
    Oh dear that's a bit embarrassing.

Pentagon said nothing of that sort. An ex contractor probably snorted too much and now the Pentagon wants to shut up people by showing what "it"is. I'm still waiting anyway for them to show anything. As if anybody could pressure the Pentagon anyway. Especially if it's aliens for real, they're not going to show, ever.

10+ Year Old Account
    A highly disgruntled constituent of Lindsey Graham.

Right back at you here, lol. The "Not made of the Earth" comment was never said by the Pentagon, and has no association with this story beyond providing the clickbait headline. It was said by a random government contractor (Who presumably wants that sweet History Channel money), and in unrelated news, the Pentagon will be releasing a bunch of UFO information to the public.

UFOs are a legitimate national security and safety issue, but not because they are extraterrestrial or anything. I dealt with hundreds of "UFOs" in the military, because anything flying that can't be immediately identified is a UFO. The vast majority of them have no anomalous characteristics, they just aren't an identified object. There is a more exotic class of UFOs that can't be easily explained by known aircraft, but that just means we need more research into them. I suspect a lot of these will wind up being natural aerial phenomena, which is always good to learn about. The inertia-less behavior of some of them highly suggests a Ray Projection or an Electrical phenomena, both of which are interesting, but mundane.

Obviously you can't totally rule out aliens, just because you can't prove a negative, but there is no reason I have seen to believe it is aliens. It is an equally logical chain of thought to believe that Beluga whales are forming an alliance of other animals to fight against us, purely because you can't prove they aren't. And at least we know that Beluga Whales do exist, and are intelligent, so it is actually a more grounded theory then aliens.

Confirmation bias, look it up.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would shit myself if Bob Lazar went from laughable liar to correct on every level.

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    Correct me if I’m wrong here, but didn’t the military—in a press conference—say they had recovered a ship (back in the 40’s) but they quickly went hush about it, followed by suddenly denying it happened, saying it was a “weather balloon”.

(Just found it: It’s the Roswell Incident/Coverup)
    And the first hit https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roswell_UFO_incident explains both that it was a balloon, and why there was hush-hush and cover-up without involving anything out of this earth.

And better cameras certainly explain why there are fewer of these incidents, as the amount of crazy eyewitnesses seems fairly constant.

Correct me if I’m wrong here, but didn’t the military—in a press conference—say they had recovered a ship (back in the 40’s) but they quickly went hush about it, followed by suddenly denying it happened, saying it was a “weather balloon”.

(Just found it: It’s the Roswell Incident/Coverup)

And I don’t think UFO eyewitness accounts have went down because we suddenly have better cameras. People are just quick to call said eyewitnesses “crazy”, etc. It’s quickly dismissed as anything other than a UFO.

“What would convince you? What if former heads of state, military officials, famous astronauts held press conferences to confess a UFO coverup? & the CIA released millions of documents on their site?”

“THAT would convince me.”

“Great. All that has happened.”

“Means nothing”

—Michael Mazzola
    Yea all of that means nothing and wouldn't convince me. Former anything of whatever has nothing to say anymore, and has no power to back up their words. At best I'd think they're confused individuals, at worst I would suspect them of attention whoring.

CIA documents released are filtered to say as little as possible, and nothing so far has turned out to be evidence of aliens, otherwise everyone would be up and running about it. It would be media hysteria.

If they wanted to come clean, they must give free access to alien technology, the remnants of the crash. Not pictures or videos. Free access so that independent journalists and the public can just walk straight to the alien ship.

Then you have convinced me.

Forgot to add this video from the “Close Encounters of the Fifth Kind” documentary. Just one of many... make of that as you will.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=izmTLn...ature=youtu.be

Please watch it. It's not just about Corona, but about everything you're buying into. There are a few take aways from his statements about conspiracy theories and maybe you just might want to pay attention to how high quality some of the productions can be, and their content is still entirely fabricated to serve a (fake) cause.

What you linked could be a video of aliens.

Or it's a video of Elon's new satellite tech. Or if that video was shot before Elon's time, it's something else that causes reflections, distortions, or light in the sky...

Oh, I’ve read that... but you don’t find it a bit odd that the military found this UFO and took it to their Base, followed by them holding a press conference about it, where they say it’s a “flying disk”, only to quickly withdraw from that, saying it was misidentified as a “weather balloon”?
    The idea with a top secret program such as https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Project_Mogul one is that it's secret, so it's not strange that it surprised some in the military, and then be told to cover it up.

10+ Year Old Account
    If aliens have the technology to exceed the speed of light or cross thousands of light years of distance, pretty sure they aren't going to crash in some desert in Roswell.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    I've seen the documentaries War of the Worlds and Alien Covenant. All you need to do is cough on some aliens to win. If that fails you cough on their computers like in Independence Day.
    Assuming any of our bacteria and virus have the appropriate protein receptors to attach to their cells, and assuming that our microbiology has the right DNA/RNA that can interact with alien genetics.
    Putin khuliyo

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by StayTuned View Post
    Oh dear that's a bit embarrassing.

Pentagon said nothing of that sort. An ex contractor probably snorted too much and now the Pentagon wants to shut up people by showing what "it"is. I'm still waiting anyway for them to show anything. As if anybody could pressure the Pentagon anyway. Especially if it's aliens for real, they're not going to show, ever.
    The article says that statement was made. Maybe you're reading a different article - but I went back and checked.

One former official, Eric Davis, told The Times that he briefed the US Department of Defense in March about the retrieval of “off-world vehicles not made on this earth”.
    Contractors are agents of the place they work - his quote is valid. It's a small thing, and easily missed, but it is a quote from a "pentagon official".

I know that can be a bit embarrassing, let me know if you need any more help with agent status as it relates to employment status. Cheers!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Thekri View Post
    Right back at you here, lol. The "Not made of the Earth" comment was never said by the Pentagon, and has no association with this story beyond providing the clickbait headline. It was said by a random government contractor (Who presumably wants that sweet History Channel money), and in unrelated news, the Pentagon will be releasing a bunch of UFO information to the public.

UFOs are a legitimate national security and safety issue, but not because they are extraterrestrial or anything. I dealt with hundreds of "UFOs" in the military, because anything flying that can't be immediately identified is a UFO. The vast majority of them have no anomalous characteristics, they just aren't an identified object. There is a more exotic class of UFOs that can't be easily explained by known aircraft, but that just means we need more research into them. I suspect a lot of these will wind up being natural aerial phenomena, which is always good to learn about. The inertia-less behavior of some of them highly suggests a Ray Projection or an Electrical phenomena, both of which are interesting, but mundane.

Obviously you can't totally rule out aliens, just because you can't prove a negative, but there is no reason I have seen to believe it is aliens. It is an equally logical chain of thought to believe that Beluga whales are forming an alliance of other animals to fight against us, purely because you can't prove they aren't. And at least we know that Beluga Whales do exist, and are intelligent, so it is actually a more grounded theory then aliens.
    Unfortunately, it was said by the Pentagon - contractor working for the Pentagon, even former, counts.

Totally agree about Aliens being a national security threat - but if they can get to our planet, then we're fucked - because their tech is way beyond ours.

Are you a science fiction fan? Novels I mean.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hextor View Post
    Confirmation bias, look it up.
    The falcon has landed. Contact me through back channels.

(your response made as much sense as mine, just fyi - at least mine was funny - you were, frighteningly, actually trying to communicate)

Unfortunately, it was said by the Pentagon - contractor working for the Pentagon, even former, counts.

Totally agree about Aliens being a national security threat - but if they can get to our planet, then we're fucked - because their tech is way beyond ours.

Are you a science fiction fan? Novels I mean.
    FORMER official says he "briefed" the pentagon. The pentagon is saying fuck all.

But nice try.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by StayTuned View Post
    FORMER official says he "briefed" the pentagon. The pentagon is saying fuck all.

But nice try.
    I'm just conveying what the article says, and how it's quoted accurately. Not a big deal, but accuracy matters. And the NYTimes is quoted as saying briefings will happen.

If you want to die on this hill, that's fine, but there's no need.

I'm just conveying what the article says, and how it's quoted accurately. Not a big deal, but accuracy matters. And the NYTimes is quoted as saying briefings will happen.

If you want to die on this hill, that's fine, but there's no need.
    I'm pretty sure I'm not going to die on this hill at the end of the day. I'll be waiting for the Pentagon to deliver. I'm sure they will soon. And it's totally going to be aliens.