10+ Year Old Account

What food would you not eat on a first date?

This is just meant to be fun and sharing experiences. Not dating advice.

I am going to say probably corn on the cobb, because there really is not delicate way to eat corn on the cobb on a date.

Would you ever let your date have a bite of your food?

Before Covid yeah probably.

What was the best date you ever been on and why?

Wife, which is why I married her, it was the simplest date, but it was quality over quantity.

What's the worst date you ever been on and why was it the worst?

Never been on a really bad date, because I've always been the one to ask them out, and I am pretty damn good as pegging people so I'll know if it's worth it for me. Except when I was in my late teens, I was desperate more than anything, but no really bad dates, Selfish dates, but not horrible.

I would say if I had to pick one, it would probably be a double date that was kind of a blind date, she was generally just very odd, and talked about Paranormal stuff, and wanting to be a paranormal investigator, also into psychics and what not.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

10+ Year Old Account
    A highly disgruntled constituent of Lindsey Graham.
    Soylent Green is frowned on.

10+ Year Old Account
    No dating allowed, the rona is out there
    Driving on Sunshine.

PM for Tesla referral code.

15+ Year Old Account
    I would not eat on a first date. Or any date for the matter. Can't eat out really - for medical reasons. I hope I some day can, I'd love to eat at restaurants.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

Sardines lmao

I don't think I'd exclude any food, really, other than stuff I don't like.

Yes, I'd let him have a taste of the food if he wanted to.

Best date was when I had just turned 21, we went to a pub I'd always wanted to visit and he was all kinds of funny and nice to be around. We never went on a second date because he was given a job offer in Denmark and I sure as hell wasn't going to manipulate him into staying after 1 date. The fact that he told me was so sweet though.

Worst date = depends on which I remember the most. Currently, a guy who assumed he'd pay so he assumed he could decide what I'd eat (a rare burger, I vomit just from the thought) and he also made constant hints to wanting to follow me home after dinner. He got sulky when I ordered my own food (fried fish) and then got even sulkier when I was adamant I'd pay for my own expenses, which I had told him already that I would. He was all around not a very nice guy, even though he described himself as such.

anything with a lot of sauce or have to eat with your fingers. just plain messy.

chicken wings. It gets messy when I eat chicken wings. I don't want to put someone through that.
    Kom graun, oso na graun op. Kom folau, oso na gyon op.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

Wouldn't have dinner as a first date, but if so it'd be something that's not messy to eat or adversely affects my body like very spicy food.
    Wouldn't mind sharing though.

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Mountain oysters, snails or any insects.
    " If destruction be our lot, we must ourselves be its author and finisher.." - Abraham Lincoln
    The Constitution be never construed to authorize Congress to - prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms..” - Samuel Adams

10+ Year Old Account
    Anything that's not from McDonald's. I weed the gold diggers out quick.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Really depends on the person. Ideally something not too messy, but the girlfriend I loved the most was conquered in part because I showed her an amazing pizza joint and we both ate more than our fill and had a great time. Sushis are my go-to nowadays, few people hate them, they're classy enough but you can find places where they aren't too expensive/can take them away to eat in a more private setting or a nice place such as along the water.
    It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built -Kreia

The internet: where to every action is opposed an unequal overreaction.

pretending for a moment that we are in a world where dating in person is possible again and for some reason I'm not in a relationship

nothing super expensive. I don't care about messiness of eating - on the contrary, I would rather be super honest and see how they react to me being me. but... I wouldn't want to pay for anything fancy when we are just getting to know each other and I don't even know yet how long I would stay on that date or how well it would go (yes, I'm expecting to go dutch)

I would cut of a piece with a neutral utensils (you CAN typically ask for extras) and let them have it, yes, but no actual biting from the large piece, or getting their fork into my plate. amusingly not because of covid. when I was still in highschool, we used to share our lunches. and when I say share, I mean pass along sandwiches and take a bite from each one (for variety :P). after my entire class got sick at the same time, thanks to that particular habit, we all stopped sharing food in that way (the only exception is my husband, for obvious I hope reasons)

my hubs, we went to a museum and just hung out for the entire day, talking and taking in all the awesome art.

blind date, got set up in college with this dude, went out for a cup of coffee, conversation was nothing to write home about, but I was willing to give him benefit of a doubt since first dates can be awkward... and then he decided that an hour's worth of awkward first date is enough to ask for exclusive committed relationship (not marriage, that would have freaked me out even more) but still. we haven't kissed, hugged, heck, we haven't held hands and the conversation was generic enough that we definitely didn't know each other well enough to talk any sort of exclusivity.. and yet. there I was. so I told him that its way to early, that we don't know each other nowhere near well enough and he set an ultimatum. committed relationship or have a nice life. I'm sure you can imagine which one I have chosen. and the bizarre thing is.. I've seen people get this desperate when they are older and feel like their biological clock is ticking... but we were both college freshmen.... wth is his rush? major alarm bell there for me. anyways, it just stuck in my mind for decades because of just how weird and uncomfortable it was O_O

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    I would have labeled the thread, "What Food Do You Love and Would Yet Not Eat on a First Date?" - but good idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Amadeus View Post
    This is just meant to be fun and sharing experiences. Not dating advice.

I am going to say probably corn on the cobb, because there really is not delicate way to eat corn on the cobb on a date.
    I would have to say the top favorite food, that might be appropriate for a date, yet which I would never eat on a first date, is Pho.

Before Covid yeah probably.
    All things being not global pandemic-y - Yes.

Wife, which is why I married her, it was the simplest date, but it was quality over quantity.
    Same - fucking romantics we are.

Never been on a really bad date, because I've always been the one to ask them out, and I am pretty damn good as pegging people so I'll know if it's worth it for me. Except when I was in my late teens, I was desperate more than anything, but no really bad dates, Selfish dates, but not horrible.

I would say if I had to pick one, it would probably be a double date that was kind of a blind date, she was generally just very odd, and talked about Paranormal stuff, and wanting to be a paranormal investigator, also into psychics and what not.
    Great topic idea.
    Last edited by cubby; 2020-07-30 at 04:42 AM.

You come up with some of the weirdest questions/threads. Do you do survey's for a living?

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Amadeus View Post
    Hm. Probably like, a Gyro/Kebab. If find the smell lingers for quite a while on your hands and face even after proper washing.

Sure.

Hmm. Well, it was with an ex actually. We went out to a restaurant for dinner. Afterward, we walked around the city and came to a park bench where we sat talking about a great number of things until the sun came up.

I love having great, insightful conversations with people.

While in HS, this boy asked me out and we went straight to the movies and then home. He barely said anything. I was just a passenger, so to speak.

It depends on who you're seeing to how prestigious the food needs to be, but since I kinda avoid snobs as a rule my recommendations look at the topic from a practical perspective.

- Spicy food. Hard to make a good first impression when my nasal canals operate like water falls.
    - Food with garlic, as I want to smell good to my date. I tend to pack a box of mints on my dates, but they can't quite mask garlic.
    - Hearty food runs the risk of making one overwhelmed and/or drowsy.

Yes, I usually suggest we exchange bites to see what the other person's food tastes like. Current times make it questionable, but then again I wouldn't engage in dating in the first place when the situation is serious. Finland managed to catch a break for the summer.

They've all been rather samey, since I haven't found anyone I've truly connected with. Fun times in general, so can't pick one over the other.

The date lasted for just an hour and we were both glad to leave it. From the start she seemed uninterested to be there, her world-view was quite different from mine, there was nothing interesting about her. I got a message from my friends they were having a few at another bar nearby, so I ended the date pretty soon afterwards to join them.
    Now you see it. Now you don't.

But was where Dalaran?

Mexican, cause if it goes bad.. it goes REALLY bad ..

yep

When I goy my "blood money" (Severence package) from the USAF took the girl I was with at the time out to the nicest place in town. Amazing meal and waiter truly was a dinning experience cost over 500.00 for the meal but was so worth it.

In college i went on a date with a girl in class had fun, next class she invited me over to her place to cook me a meal.. showed up had fun cooking together, her roommate made an excuse to leave .... then it went awkward... her B/F came in and was like who is that. She quickly said i was a guy from her class and we had been studying, we all ended up eating together and he kept trying to hold her hand and she would pull away... after dinner i left and never really talked to her about it or went out with her again....
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

Garlic for sure