Page 1 of 2
LastLast

What site/streamer is most accurate/non bias.

I am looking through finding what class is worthwhile to play in Shadowlands
    and I am met with a slew of different views regarding what class is most fun
    so I am asking myself (and you) what site or streamer would give the most
    accurate and least biased opinions regarding the upcoming classes.

MMO-CHAMPION ofc excluded, as it is pure gold

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jotunhammer View Post
    I am met with a slew of different views regarding what class is most fun
    That's because what is fun is completely subjective and thus all opinions will be bias. I feel what you are actually asking is which is strongest, which has an actual mathematical answer.

So if you are looking for which is "Fun" you'd be best off trying them yourself, or at least just reading the info on the classes and making a decision on that.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah I was going to write but the first answer covers it all. This is all very subjective.

Quote Originally Posted by Super Kami Dende View Post
    That's because what is fun is completely subjective and thus all opinions will be bias. I feel what you are actually asking is which is strongest, which has an actual mathematical answer.
    Fully agreed and "which class is the strongest" is subject to tuning before release so don't get too attached to current OP stuff from beta (I heard marksman and affliction are pretty good atm).

WoWhead is going to provide all the objective information of what's going to happen. If you can't or won't digest that yourself and form your own opinion.

You have two roads to go down:
    First, is if you know what class or spec you're interested in find a smaller dedicated streamer that exclusively plays that class in the content you're interested in. They're going to give you the best bang for your buck class specifics.
    Second, Is watching one of the bigger generalists. The issue here is they tend to skew to either being completely dishonest shills, clickbait or actually worthwhile.

For my money, if you actually care about gameplay and not just playing dress-up Preach should be your go-to.
    Tonight for me is a special day. I want to go outside of the house of the girl I like with a gasoline barrel and write her name on the road and set it on fire and tell her to get out too see it (is this illegal)?

Quote Originally Posted by Super Kami Dende View Post

So if you are looking for which is "Fun" you'd be best off trying them yourself, or at least just reading the info on the classes and making a decision on that.
    what I am asking is for somewhere to give the clinical answers to every new thing with every class and then let the viewer decide which is most fun

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Saltysquidoon View Post
    WoWhead is going to provide all the objective information of what's going to happen. If you can't or won't digest that yourself and form your own opinion.

You have two roads to go down:
    First, is if you know what class or spec you're interested in find a smaller dedicated streamer that exclusively plays that class in the content you're interested in. They're going to give you the best bang for your buck class specifics.
    Second, Is watching one of the bigger generalists. The issue here is they tend to skew to either being completely dishonest shills, clickbait or actually worthwhile.

For my money, if you actually care about gameplay and not just playing dress-up Preach should be your go-to.
    so far Preach is the one I like best in testing classes, I guess ill wait for a comprehensive test coming is second wave or whatever thats called.

so far Preach is the one I like best in testing classes, I guess ill wait for a comprehensive test coming is second wave or whatever thats called.
    There's also Final Boss for super deep dives but apparently he got cancelled during the Method shitstorm so I don't know if he'll be doing beta passes this time around.
    Tonight for me is a special day. I want to go outside of the house of the girl I like with a gasoline barrel and write her name on the road and set it on fire and tell her to get out too see it (is this illegal)?

Mmmm. I'll chime in with the others and say that fun is subjective and numbers are tied to tunning.

However, I recommend the youtube videos by FinalBossTV. He usually goes over every spec (sometimes multiple times, depending on PTR changes). In his 30 mins to hour-long videos he describes all the changes. As far as I remember he doesn't really comment on how "fun/good" stuff is or ranks specs. It's just an unbiased narration of all the changes, spells, abilities, rotations, synergies, new models/animations etc. It's up to you to decide if what you see is fun.

The most accurate/non biased site/streamer is you. Stop replicating your opinions on what other people think. Form your own opinion for once & stop following people for advice. You have a brain, use it.

Quote Originally Posted by Saltysquidoon View Post
    There's also Final Boss for super deep dives but apparently he got cancelled during the Method shitstorm so I don't know if he'll be doing beta passes this time around.
    Oooo, how was he involved in the method scandal? I really liked his videos

Quote Originally Posted by Ragnarohk View Post
    Oooo, how was he involved in the method scandal? I really liked his videos
    https://www.reddit.com/r/LivestreamF..._finalboss_tv/

Didn't know that myself,then again I am not following it all. Though I like his view on WoW, one of very few with a neutral way of talking about the game.

Just have a think about what you're asking.

You're asking for a "non-biased" opinion on something entirely subject to change, largely situational and mostly unknown. When people ask these kinda questions I always facepalm, it's like asking someone what the weather is going to be like on a tuesday next march, and asking should you take an umberalla or sunglasses.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

All classes will be worthwhile to play.
    All streamers are biased - I've yet to find one that is actually competent with all 12 classes, let alone have the ability to read. (Literally, all the youtubers reviewing Shamans don't have a damn clue.)

That said, the best attempt I've seen is from Selwyn. However I don't think he actively played in BfA, but is at least known for DK dps. With DKs being on showcase in Shadowlands, he would be a good start. Right now Night Fae is great for dps specs, Venthyr or Mald for Blood.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ragnarohk View Post
    Mmmm. I'll chime in with the others and say that fun is subjective and numbers are tied to tunning.

However, I recommend the youtube videos by FinalBossTV. He usually goes over every spec (sometimes multiple times, depending on PTR changes). In his 30 mins to hour-long videos he describes all the changes. As far as I remember he doesn't really comment on how "fun/good" stuff is or ranks specs. It's just an unbiased narration of all the changes, spells, abilities, rotations, synergies, new models/animations etc. It's up to you to decide if what you see is fun.
    Final boss has tried (and failed) to have comprehensive beta coverage / content videos on classes. Except they're usually really really really way too long, lose focus and don't actually do anything to better make a decision. He does play enhancement at least.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Strike3rd View Post
    The most accurate/non biased site/streamer is you. Stop replicating your opinions on what other people think. Form your own opinion for once & stop following people for advice. You have a brain, use it.
    Simple psychology demonstrates its equally as effective to obtain answers via consensus, if not more so, especially in positions of leadership. It's a different style of thinking but equally as legitimate. Just, FYI.
    Last edited by Elestia; 2020-07-27 at 05:17 AM.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account

you should play all of them and see what you like best. while yeah there are FOTM's you will play a class/spec far better if you pick one you enjoy playing as opposed to picking one you don't enjoy but are only picking it because it is currently good

Fun is subjective. I watch videos and read up about MM hunter and it sounds amazing to play. Does that mean it'll be the best or most fun? Maybe. Will it mean someone else will like something else? Definitely. The only thing I've seen everyone agree on is that Shadow Priest is going to be awful to play. I'm sure some will enjoy it, but no one seems thrilled about it at this point. In terms of what will be the "best" or most powerful, there's no way to answer that. Numbers tuning is literally the last thing done before release and is then repeated about a month into the game.

Preach did a series on each class and spec earlier in the alpha. Some thing have changed, but it would be a good starting place. From there find streamers who know each class. I recommend Kalamazi for warlocks (the class I'm most familiar with). He has been vocal about needed changes and discusses what he likes and dislikes about things.

For me it doesn't matter really. My main has been the same since I started and that won't change.

5+ Year Old Account

If you want a knowledgeable and in-detail breakthrough, you should definitely follow Preach imo. He has his biases, as any human being does, but he's at least honest about them.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

My pick would be sloot, but I'm biased because of the cat. Besides the cat he imho has the right amount of snark vs. neutrality.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

Obviously play tinker

Because fun is absolutely 100% purely subjective. /thread.

Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    Because fun is absolutely 100% purely subjective. /thread.
    Even then whats fun in 9.0 might become crap by 9.1