Poll: What class would YOU (yes, YOU) want to be added to the game?

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    this will only end badly.
    also go Tinker
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

Quote Originally Posted by cocomen2 View Post
    Seems poll made by FF14 player like Samurai,Red Mage, Blue Mage, Dragoon,Dancer,Dark knight,Gun Breaker are classes from it.
    Don't go around pointing out the fact that I took most of the Hero units from Warcraft 3 and took half the classes from FFXIV to make my poll, you'll give my secrets away!

/s
    (I'm subbed only to WoW atm lol)

Quote Originally Posted by PrivateSmiley View Post
    Don't go around pointing out the fact that I took most of the Hero units from Warcraft 3 and took half the classes from FFXIV to make my poll, you'll give my secrets away!

/s
    I can firmly say that FFXI's Blue Mage is quite possibly the most satisfying thing I've ever played in an MMO.

Seems poll made by FF14 player like Samurai,Red Mage, Blue Mage, Dragoon,Dancer,Dark knight,Gun Breaker are classes from it.
    Very much so, where is Shadow Hunter, Headhunter, Templar, Beastmaster, Necromancer, Archmage, Berserker, Runemaster...ye know actual Warcraft classes.

Something that gameplay that is like the Diablo3 demon hunter

Anything that's a range

10+ Year Old Account
    Where's the "No" option? I genuinely believe we don't need more at this point. Unless someone has played all 36 specs in the last 2 expansions, they don't really get a say on what should be added. It's like playing 50% of a game and then demanding new content. There's still 50% to play but people chalk up some ridiculous excuse for why they don't/shouldn't need to play every current class in order to demand a new class. What's the difference? What defines new? If you haven't played a class at max level, then how can you claim that wouldn't be a new experience? How is that any different than them adding a new entirely new class? What? Because you've seen other people around you play those classes?

As someone who plays every class at max level and has played 28/36 specs, IMO there are enough options available that I doubt most people who comment in this thread have tried out. I still have more to try when I get around do them and I can see where certain specs could need attention. It's not that I'm outright against a new class, I would like a new class if the stars aligned, but I don't have faith in blizzard to do it properly. Each time a new class comes out, they need to stand out and be unique from each existing class. The "What does this class offer that preexisting classes don't already?" idea causes new classes to get the "cool" "new" mechanics. Double jump, roll, fist of fury, death grip, eye beam etc. Just think mechanically how these abilities could be reworked into preexisting classes rather than reserving for new classes.
    Most likely the wisest Enhancement Shaman.

Quote Originally Posted by crakerjack View Post
    Where's the "No" option? I genuinely believe we don't need more at this point. Unless someone has played all 36 specs in the last 2 expansions, they don't really get a say on what should be added. It's like playing 50% of a game and then demanding new content. There's still 50% to play but people chalk up some ridiculous excuse for why they don't/shouldn't need to play every current class in order to demand a new class. What's the difference? What defines new? If you haven't played a class at max level, then how can you claim that wouldn't be a new experience? How is that any different than them adding a new entirely new class? What? Because you've seen other people around you play those classes?

As someone who plays every class at max level and has played 28/36 specs, IMO there are enough options available that I doubt most people who comment in this thread have tried out. I still have more to try when I get around do them and I can see where certain specs could need attention. It's not that I'm outright against a new class, I would like a new class if the stars aligned, but I don't have faith in blizzard to do it properly. Each time a new class comes out, they need to stand out and be unique from each existing class. The "What does this class offer that preexisting classes don't already?" idea causes new classes to get the "cool" "new" mechanics. Double jump, roll, fist of fury, death grip, eye beam etc. Just think mechanically how these abilities could be reworked into preexisting classes rather than reserving for new classes.
    I didn't think of No, to be perfectly honest.

10+ Year Old Account
    Necromancer. Also, not technically a class but a spec, Warlock NEEDS a healing spec before all else. There are no 'dark' healing classes in the game, and in Warcraft lore almost all warlocks play support roles. They should be able to be a class that hangs back and heals and buffs allies with demon blood.

None of the above.

Mentioned it in another thread. A class mixing illusions (think mesmer in GW2) and divination/astrology (think astrologian in FF XIV).

What in the name of Jehovah is a 'blue mage'? (Or a 'red mage' for that matter).

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PrivateSmiley View Post

/s
    Tinker gonna win this poll 100%, you just did devils-work by adding classes NOT from wow to pile up vs Tinker (while you removed Necromancer for no reason at all).

With same luck we can add classes from L2 and Dragon Nest ...... in POLL on WoW based forum .... to see what WoW players want to see in the Game...called WoW , you know. I mean classes from FF14 from the start didnt got a chance in this poll........so you added them for funny reasons?

BTW what kind of "Dark" Knight yours Garithos?

1) he can use Dark Arts?

2) his skin is not pale?

3) or he some kind dark edgy anime hero? (with black armor just by color)
    Last edited by cocomen2; 2020-07-25 at 10:46 PM.
    Please, there a perfect example of hypocritical thinking:
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    If Tinkers had anything to do with Hunters, but they don’t. Unlike Bards which are linked to Rogues.

Tinker gonna win this poll 100%, you just did devils-work by adding classes NOT from wow to pile up vs Tinker (while you removed Necromancer for no reason at all).

With same luck we can add classes from L2 and Dragon Nest ...... in POLL on WoW based forum .... to see what WoW players want to see in the Game...called WoW , you know. I mean classes from FF14 from the start didnt got a chance in this poll........so you added them for funny reasons?
    He removed Necromancer because it's already in the game, whether you agree with its design or not.

Why do people keep screaming Necromancer? You have that already, Death Knight. Unless Blizz start getting the DK and giving it's abilities to the new Necromancer class this won't happen. I also hope it doesn't. I really hope no new class is ever added. We don't need more imbalance and fewer spaces in raids.
    Night Elves NEED long hair to the ground and more elegant/regal beautiful options to show their Highbourne heritage

Geomancer.

I want to be Toph from Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by oldgeezer View Post
    What in the name of Jehovah is a 'blue mage'? (Or a 'red mage' for that matter).
    They are from Final Fantasy. However, I can't see them being adapted to WoW

RED MAGE:

"Red Mages typically cast both Black and White Magic and can also wield swords and equip armor that normal Black and White Mages cannot. They are, in essence, among the more versatile characters of the series. However, their versatility comes at a price: their stats are usually low, and they cannot cast higher level spells or use stronger equipment. They can learn many spells, but not the strongest, and equip some heavy armor, but not all of it though they are often relegated to cloth armor.

The Red Mage is a jack-of-all-trades, but a master of none. In certain games, Red Mages have a special ability such as Dualcast which boosts their spell casting efficiency. The standard Red Mage attire consists of red, black, and white clothing, including a red cloak with white or black trimmings, black boots and a red cavalier hat with a white feather."

BLUE MAGE

"Blue Mages focus on Blue Magic, a special subset of magic that uses attacks otherwise exclusive to enemies. Blue Mages often have a wide range of usefulness due to the varied spells they gain. Blue Mages usually learn Blue Magic by having enemies (or occasionally, another Blue Mage ally) use it on them, but some games have other methods to learn their magic. In some games, Blue Mages benefit greatly from the ability to control monsters, reducing the chance involved in waiting for a monster to use their skill on the Blue Mage. In some games, Blue Magic is a Limit Break command.

Beyond this, Blue Mages vary in equipment and physical prowess. They are not as weak as other mage classes in terms of attack or defense, and are usually capable fighters. Of course, their true strength is their magic. As with most of the other mage classes, Blue Mages usually wear clothes and cloaks that match their magic color (blue), sometimes with a mask."

Honestly? None.
    If I have to choose one? None.

If I still have to have one, Dark Ranger. Because I think it would be cool to have a ranged class using bows and the ranger trope. Hunter is none of those things, even Marksman is lacking.

uh how did you miss necromancer? and that would be my vote Necromancer
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

None. We don't need new flavors of the month.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Seratox View Post
    He removed Necromancer because it's already in the game, whether you agree with its design or not.
    Yeah fella you are right, Necromancers already in the game, but as NPC thus not yet playable class for players.
    But i feel like you some kind of guy that cant use google, and thinks Death Knights are Necromancers ... pity on you then)
    Please, there a perfect example of hypocritical thinking:
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    If Tinkers had anything to do with Hunters, but they don’t. Unlike Bards which are linked to Rogues.