Thread: Halo Infinite

Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Tenjen View Post
    from what i seem to understand of the oddball game, the rules seem to be that your team needs to run to the very opposite corner of the map from you the moment you pick up the skull, where they will essentially play Elimination until the end of the match.

Which is really odd, given that the entire enemy team is right beside me, busy cramming every rifle, beam gun, grenade and gravity hammer up my rectum.
    This tracks with my experience.
    Sometimes you get a great oddball team where people stick together, though and that is fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Proskill View Post
    is it intended i exit ADS (scope) when getting shot at or whatever?
    It is in line with previous entries in the series.

is it intended i exit ADS (scope) when getting shot at or whatever?
    This is consistent with every title save halo 4 where it was eventually added because the player base demanded its return.

10+ Year Old Account
    Is killing each other with hitscan weapons or meleeing to death at the same time bad netcode? Things like this dont happen, or at least didnt happen in a decade old CoD games, yet it happens in Battlefield which is considered to have a bad netcode and same things happens in H: Infinite
    Scam Citizen referral code: STAR-2YL2-XDTX|get 5,000 UEC

Is killing each other with hitscan weapons or meleeing to death at the same time bad netcode? Things like this dont happen, or at least didnt happen in a decade old CoD games, yet it happens in Battlefield which is considered to have a bad netcode and same things happens in H: Infinite
    It happens in Battlefield because weapons aren't hitscan, bullets have travel time/drop so if you're duking it out with someone even at close range your killing bullets can be mid-air at the same time. I'm not sure about Infinite though, I haven't seen it that much and the few times I have is stuff like characters meleeing each other at basically the same time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Its hard to say, I don't know the tick rate of the connection. It became a thing in Halo 3. I remember there being a whole bungie.net writeup on why they went with ties due to netcode. It had a very low tick rate... like 20 or something, so trades happened a ton. It was also P2P at the time.

There are no true hitscan weapons in Halo. Not even the Spartan Laser was hitscan.

Halo has always been projectile.

That said, I did somehow manage to get a 'beyond the grave' medal for a melee kill the other night.

Quote Originally Posted by Myradin View Post
    Halo has always been projectile.

That said, I did somehow manage to get a 'beyond the grave' medal for a melee kill the other night.
    Yeah, the grace period for that is non-existent in this game. In the MCC it only started counting after a full second or so.

Man, messing around with physics in the campaign and shit is gonna lead to a lot of hilariously dumb shit.

I guess I need to catch up on Halo 5's story (I kinda forgot where 4 even left off) if I want to know what's going on in Infinite, but honestly (I'm ready for the hate/flames) I've never much cared for the narrative throughout Halo. Never could really get into it, and the quality of writing and storytelling in the older games definitely doesn't help if you play them in order nowadays.

But I'll be here for the physics bullshit and killing lots of baddies at some point when it's on sale.

10+ Year Old Account
    You will only miss one story detail from H5, really. That game was anime filler episode status. Halo Wars 2 will have more lead up to Infinite than H5

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    It happens in Battlefield because weapons aren't hitscan, bullets have travel time/drop so if you're duking it out with someone even at close range your killing bullets can be mid-air at the same time. I'm not sure about Infinite though, I haven't seen it that much and the few times I have is stuff like characters meleeing each other at basically the same time.
    travel time or not, i remember getting killed in BF3 when already behind a cover

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    There are no true hitscan weapons in Halo. Not even the Spartan Laser was hitscan.
    hitscan or not, i consistently trade melee kills with enemies on PC

- - - Updated - - -

also the game menu bugs the shit out of me. eventhough i have the game installed on SSD, parts of the menu just dont load up for half a fucking minute, like the progression track/challenge quests

10+ Year Old Account

hitscan or not, i consistently trade melee kills with enemies on PC
    Melee trades have essentially always been a part of Halo since the start

10+ Year Old Account
    alright then, if thats how the series have been

10+ Year Old Account
    made a thread about it, but didnt get any answers. if theres a better thread to post it in than this one, just move it, mods.

is there any way to have hotkeys bound to different buttons for each game separately in MCC on PC?
    it wont allow me to save keybinds if its missing for some game, effectively stopping me from rebinding anything at all.

also while at it, is there any chance for halo 5 to come out for PCs anytime soon? and not even in addition to MCC, but totally separate.
    i'd like to play through all halo games before halo infinite campaign, but by all means im in no hurry. i dont even plan on buying it on the launch day, maybe on may when the co-op update is supposed to be. hopefully its gonna be 50% off on steam by then

i hope everyone enjoys the campaign. i think i will avoid this place myself so i dont get spoiled until i can actually play it myself.
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

Despite 0 cares about the Halo story/universe (I played the MCC but don't ask me to remember too much about the story beats, I was just there to shoot aliens) and needing to catch up on whatever happend in H5 (I apparently didn't miss much) I'm like...kinda hype for this all of a sudden? I get the criticisms and disappointment about the lack of different biomes and inability to replay missions and all that, but like...the game visually looks great (issues, but nothing terrible) and seems like a ton of fun to play with its semi-open world.

Gonna be curious to see what the player reaction to it is when it drops tomorrow, but I'll be here, patiently waiting around for a sale. Unless everyone is falling over themselves saying how good it is, then I might have to pick it up to play through over the holidays.

Am I only one annoyed by not being able to cancel zoom by sprinting? Am I missing some setting somewhere?

10+ Year Old Account
    How much do you think they'll charge for the other half of the campaign (hoping it's just another half).

Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    How much do you think they'll charge for the other half of the campaign (hoping it's just another half).
    Other half? It's at least a 15+, more likely 30+ hour campaign (with side stuff)...why do you think there's another half?

- - - Updated - - -

Also - https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...ter-to-triumph

Schreier's piece is up.

TLDR: Lots of development issues, lots of work tossed out, a lot got done in the last year+, dev tools were once again a problem.

Feels like we keep hearing this story time and time again with these games. At least this time the final product is largely apparently pretty great (some bad design decisions like no mission select and garbage multiplayer monetization notwithstanding), unlike the other games that have had similarly troubled development cycles. And at least this time we're not hearing about staff suffering from PTSD and spending days crying in empty offices.

Though that might be because most of the team were on contracts that capped out at 18 months. Microsoft needs to do away with that shit, that's not how you build a capable team when you're rotating through people frequently and aren't able to build a deep team with institutional knowledge and experience.