Physiology and Anatomy of NE

Sup muh homies.

So got a question. Night Elves lost their tusks but they still have sharp canines correct? Do Night Elf Demon Hunters also have canines too or just the Night Elves? Reason I ask is because sometimes fel exposure can make certain changes to your body.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Generally speaking, no. Night Elf Demon Hunters are largely the same as normal Night Elves except for the addition of possible scales, fel scars, horns, and their forcibly removed eyes. Fel can indeed change the structure of one's teeth and mouth, though; as evidenced by Illidan's altered teeth looking like those of a Ered'ruin demon.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Salty Feline Overlord Beerbill Society's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, you can see female NE model have sharp canines if you use the selfie in game.

"... And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers, and you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee." - Ezekiel 25:17

"My name is Legion: for we are many." - Mark 5:9
    My characters :3

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Generally speaking, no. Night Elf Demon Hunters are largely the same as normal Night Elves except for the addition of possible scales, fel scars, horns, and their forcibly removed eyes. Fel can indeed change the structure of one's teeth and mouth, though; as evidenced by Illidan's altered teeth looking like those of a Ered'ruin demon.
    Strangely changes to their teeth/fangs due to fel aren't evident ingame.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Beerbill Society View Post
    Yes, you can see female NE model have sharp canines if you use the selfie in game.
    I am aware, just was wondering if the night elf demon hunters also retained that too due to their whole nature of fel exposure which made me wonder if they would lose those fangs.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would say it's up to the player. Fel magic can cause all sorts of weird changes in someone--for example, most blood elves don't have the extended canines as a result of divergent evolution, but felbloods do as a result of the fel energies twisting them. Mind, some high and blood elves do. Sylvanas and Alleria both possess them, suggesting it's a genetic trait that began dying out around the time they were born, as most other blood elves are shown without it.

The above isn't specifically about night elves, but one can extrapolate from there. Once you introduce fel magic into the equation, it can manifest in many ways. Having a demon hunter with tusks would be highly unusual, but not impossible, especially if their bonded demon was a pit lord like Magtheridon. The same holds true of a night elf demon hunter whose canines aren't pronounced (smaller canines could also be a family trait, if you wanted to roleplay as not having the fanglike canines on a non-DH class). Genetics are weird, yo.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by gurutikka View Post
    Strangely changes to their teeth/fangs due to fel aren't evident ingame.
    If it's true lore-wise it's probably a limitation of the engine and the player models available - having different teeth would require a different rigging as it's not really something textures can do well (multi-layer transparencies on the existing models' mouths would jank up helm models and such). So it's pretty much a soft RP kind of thing in that it won't be reflected in a PC model but it is part of the established lore as Illidan, demons, Fel Orcs, and all manner of other mutated beings have altered teeth.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Depends on fel exposure. Here you can clearly see Illidan before and after full demonic transformation. Playable demon hunters are comparatively nooby, having only consumed a handful of demons to get their class abilities in the starting zone.
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post

Depends on fel exposure. Here you can clearly see Illidan before and after full demonic transformation. Playable demon hunters are comparatively nooby, having only consumed a handful of demons to get their class abilities in the starting zone.
    So player night elf demon hunters would have unaltered canines then if they are nooby correct?

- - - Updated - - -

If it's true lore-wise it's probably a limitation of the engine and the player models available - having different teeth would require a different rigging as it's not really something textures can do well (multi-layer transparencies on the existing models' mouths would jank up helm models and such). So it's pretty much a soft RP kind of thing in that it won't be reflected in a PC model but it is part of the established lore as Illidan, demons, Fel Orcs, and all manner of other mutated beings have altered teeth.
    To be specific, i am referring to player ne demon hunters. If they have canines similar to general night elves or were they altered due to fel.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Thage View Post
    I would say it's up to the player. Fel magic can cause all sorts of weird changes in someone--for example, most blood elves don't have the extended canines as a result of divergent evolution, but felbloods do as a result of the fel energies twisting them. Mind, some high and blood elves do. Sylvanas and Alleria both possess them, suggesting it's a genetic trait that began dying out around the time they were born, as most other blood elves are shown without it.

The above isn't specifically about night elves, but one can extrapolate from there. Once you introduce fel magic into the equation, it can manifest in many ways. Having a demon hunter with tusks would be highly unusual, but not impossible, especially if their bonded demon was a pit lord like Magtheridon. The same holds true of a night elf demon hunter whose canines aren't pronounced (smaller canines could also be a family trait, if you wanted to roleplay as not having the fanglike canines on a non-DH class). Genetics are weird, yo.
    Highly unlikely for a player DH to consume a pitlord

In Illidans harbringer video he got even got normal Night Elf teeth.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gurutikka View Post
    Highly unlikely for a player DH to consume a pitlord
    Player DHs kill gods on a semiregular basis. Like any powerful character, the trick is in how you present and play them, same as if you played some abject nobody shit-farmer who stumbled ass-first into Razor Hill from his shit farm down by the coast.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

As for their anatomy, thighs.

The most confusing part to me has always been NE eyes, since they tend to look more or less undifferentiated, solid color in the game, but in many promotional materials they have proper irises and all that (especially visible in Hearthstone art). So what's actually going on, I say.

Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post
    The most confusing part to me has always been NE eyes, since they tend to look more or less undifferentiated, solid color in the game, but in many promotional materials they have proper irises and all that (especially visible in Hearthstone art). So what's actually going on, I say.
    I'm also a bit unsure why they did not add some Iris definition like the blood elf got it. The reason why they add an iris at least in cinematics is that its more clear at what they look at.
    So its hard to say, maybe it was an oversight in vanilla and they did not want (or bother) to change it withe the WoD rework. At this point this could be just another customization.. make each eye color with a more clear iris.