Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Beingbob View Post
    I disagree. Elemental has its issues, but it's still one of the few fun casters in the game. With the right talent setup we're about at the peak level of elemental enjoyment (echo, echoing shock, master of the elements, icefury and stormkeeper build).

Now that we have prepatch though, it's really hitting me how inane Blizzard's decision to not only re-introduce flame shock's CD in BfA but now reducing the duration as well with Shadowlands is. Maintaining flameshock on 3 targets was already a chore; now we have to pay so much attention to the flame shock CD just to maintain it on 2 targets.

OK - Blizzard didn't want elemental to be a multi-dotter, but now we have to focus much harder to maximize our Flameshock in cleave situations, so ironically dotting is much more stressful and attention-consuming as a shaman than a warlock or shadow priest. For those specs the worst thing that can happen is you miss out on a few dot ticks if you somehow forget to re-apply your dots, but for shaman you not only miss out on ticks, you literally can't effectively target-swap AND lose out on lava surge procs if you forget/are too busy to almost use flame shock on CD. Compared to Legion, I am now much more focused on using Flameshock properly for multi-dotting, so their change has accomplished literally the opposite result they wanted.
    If they legit want us not to multi dot, then I would much rather see a significantly increased time on FS, but with the stipulation that it can only be one target at a time. Bring up it's duration to at least 30 seconds, increase it's damage somewhat to compensate for lost multi dot/funneling damage, and let it be. It feels horrendous right now, and it doesn't feel like we've received compensation elsewhere for any of this. Honestly, it feels like after reverting the Maelstrom changes from early testing, they've pretty much done next to nothing with elemental besides nerfs.

Cd on flame shock makes me not want to play the spec. Enjoyed elemental in legion but thats a deal breaker.
    Not a fan of enhance now either, it had problems before but shocks have to be the worst feeling abilities in the game with clunky shared cds and low impact.
    My shammy will be sitting this xpac out i think.

Quote Originally Posted by Beingbob View Post
    I disagree. Elemental has its issues, but it's still one of the few fun casters in the game. With the right talent setup we're about at the peak level of elemental enjoyment (echo, echoing shock, master of the elements, icefury and stormkeeper build).

Now that we have prepatch though, it's really hitting me how inane Blizzard's decision to not only re-introduce flame shock's CD in BfA but now reducing the duration as well with Shadowlands is. Maintaining flameshock on 3 targets was already a chore; now we have to pay so much attention to the flame shock CD just to maintain it on 2 targets.

OK - Blizzard didn't want elemental to be a multi-dotter, but now we have to focus much harder to maximize our Flameshock in cleave situations, so ironically dotting is much more stressful and attention-consuming as a shaman than a warlock or shadow priest. For those specs the worst thing that can happen is you miss out on a few dot ticks if you somehow forget to re-apply your dots, but for shaman you not only miss out on ticks, you literally can't effectively target-swap AND lose out on lava surge procs if you forget/are too busy to almost use flame shock on CD. Compared to Legion, I am now much more focused on using Flameshock properly for multi-dotting, so their change has accomplished literally the opposite result they wanted.
    I don't really know. The core rotation is boring and Elemental has some of the worst talents out there. Echoing Shock is a nice addition, but that's about it. Lavaburst is still fairly weak compared to its former glory days, the whole Flame Shock CD / multitarget situation is peak bullsh*ttery, Echo still isn't baseline and several talent rows just lack "oomph". Plus Earthen Rage and its active counterpart are so awful and pointless...

I find Elemental to be really bland and boring. And Earth Shock as a spender / finisher just isn't impressive. Everything about Elemental is - in my opinion - very "meh". Compared to Balance, which might be the most boring caster spec ever in Shadowlands, it's great, but compared to Shadow Priest or several Mage/WL specs it's really underwhelming.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by themaster24 View Post
    Honestly, it feels like after reverting the Maelstrom changes from early testing, they've pretty much done next to nothing with elemental besides nerfs.
    It doesn't feel like that, it is exactly what happened (with most specs).
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again
    Vote #Jaina!
    #Proudmoore4AllianceLeader
    #ImwithHer2020

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    I don't really know. The core rotation is boring and Elemental has some of the worst talents out there. Echoing Shock is a nice addition, but that's about it. Lavaburst is still fairly weak compared to its former glory days, the whole Flame Shock CD / multitarget situation is peak bullsh*ttery, Echo still isn't baseline and several talent rows just lack "oomph". Plus Earthen Rage and its active counterpart are so awful and pointless...

I find Elemental to be really bland and boring. And Earth Shock as a spender / finisher just isn't impressive. Everything about Elemental is - in my opinion - very "meh". Compared to Balance, which might be the most boring caster spec ever in Shadowlands, it's great, but compared to Shadow Priest or several Mage/WL specs it's really underwhelming.
    A lot of it, to me, is it feels like nothing is really impactful. ES doesn't hit hard in a way that makes it feel impactful, nor does it have a visually appealing graphic. FS is way to short and still has this dumb CD. LvB, as you said, feels like a sad meatball compared to the past (while Chaos Bolt is still kicking). And then LB is filler, so it's not supposed to be amazing. Ele just feels poor right now, regardless of the numbers. The only highlight of a rotation is when Echoing shock results in like 4 spells going off. Also pretty sad that this talent, which duplicates a spell, is something we don't want to use on our "Big Spender".

It doesn't feel like that, it is exactly what happened (with most specs).
    I haven't played on too many specs since pre-patch dropped, so I can't attest to this too. So far, Ele is the only spec that has felt this way to me out of the ones I've tried.

Quote Originally Posted by themaster24 View Post
    I haven't played on too many specs since pre-patch dropped, so I can't attest to this too. So far, Ele is the only spec that has felt this way to me out of the ones I've tried.
    Many specs are just exactly the same as in BfA, which is sad. They didn't really work on classes in general, there are only a few outliers like Enhancement and Shadow. Some specs received little tweaks, most got maybe one or two additional skills and that's it.

Elemental is just unexciting to play. Earth Shock is not satisfying at all, shooting Lava Bursts that hit not hard is boring and the talents... I don't want to go over this again. It's just not fun in my opinion. The same applies to Resto, it's the same spec with the same weaknesses as in BfA, which is a shame.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again
    Vote #Jaina!
    #Proudmoore4AllianceLeader
    #ImwithHer2020

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post

I find Elemental to be really bland and boring. And Earth Shock as a spender / finisher just isn't impressive.
    Elemental Blast would be a way better finisher/spender in terms of aesthetic and lore.