Thread: Pay to win?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Ragnarohk View Post
    Do you think the P2W situation is getting worse?
    I think HS is getting worse than Yugioh. Most cards are useless, so you either spend a lot of money to get the Legendary(secret), or lose. Plus, there is no strategy to deck building like with Pokemon or MTG. Sets are so small from splitting cards between all the heroes, that Blizzard basically tells you what decks they want you to play for the current set.
    If what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger. Then I should be a god by now.

I honestly have no idea how you can play Hearthstone when there is the LoR alternative.

A new expansion just released...110 new cards or something crazy like that....and guess how much money i spent to make ALLLLLLLLL the decks i want?
    Try and guess....

10 euros

Quote Originally Posted by MMOTherapist View Post
    I honestly have no idea how you can play Hearthstone when there is the LoR alternative.

A new expansion just released...110 new cards or something crazy like that....and guess how much money i spent to make ALLLLLLLLL the decks i want?
    Try and guess....

10 euros
    Without going too far off topic, I'm looking at this here-
    https://leagueoflegends.fandom.com/w..._of_Runeterra)

And literally every bundle in there is around $10-20. Which is about HS bundle price range too.

On top of that, with the next patch introducing the Core set that everyone gets once you get all heroes to level 5 I believe, it will be even easier to make decks.

I mean, personally on actual Hearthstone packs, I've spent nearly nothing since the last expansion. The only money I've spent has been on cosmetics really, although admittedly some came with packs, like the Jaina/Uther bundles. Still have two decks I can screw around with and play.

10+ Year Old Account
    Lighthalzen, the City-State of Prosperity
    the very first season was not. i had a blast

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Without going too far off topic, I'm looking at this here-
    https://leagueoflegends.fandom.com/w..._of_Runeterra)

And literally every bundle in there is around $10-20. Which is about HS bundle price range too.

On top of that, with the next patch introducing the Core set that everyone gets once you get all heroes to level 5 I believe, it will be even easier to make decks.

I mean, personally on actual Hearthstone packs, I've spent nearly nothing since the last expansion. The only money I've spent has been on cosmetics really, although admittedly some came with packs, like the Jaina/Uther bundles. Still have two decks I can screw around with and play.
    The thing is....IF i played LoR everyday...the money i would spend would be zero.
    Im spending 10 bucks because i played very little last season.
    And even with the little i played...i managed to buy 6 legendary cards with currency.

The thing is....IF i played LoR everyday...the money i would spend would be zero.
    Im spending 10 bucks because i played very little last season.
    And even with the little i played...i managed to buy 6 legendary cards with currency.
    This doesn't change what I've said though.

I barely played any of the last expansions. Doing dailies once a week, causing me to miss a lot of levels, still netted me a ton of packs overall.

Quests being doable in multiple modes that don't even require actual decks also helps a lot when it comes to Hearthstone, with some quests not even being based on your actual collection (Ex- Battlegrounds quests).

That's with my obsession of holding onto every card even if I don't ever play that class, if I dusted cards for classes I never play I'd be even better off.

Adding the core set next expansion makes that even more doable in HS.

This doesn't change what I've said though.

I barely played any of the last expansions. Doing dailies once a week, causing me to miss a lot of levels, still netted me a ton of packs overall.

Quests being doable in multiple modes that don't even require actual decks also helps a lot when it comes to Hearthstone, with some quests not even being based on your actual collection (Ex- Battlegrounds quests).

That's with my obsession of holding onto every card even if I don't ever play that class, if I dusted cards for classes I never play I'd be even better off.

Adding the core set next expansion makes that even more doable in HS.
    I dont get your point at all...
    I played Hearthstone for a Looooong time and wasted hundreds of dollars on it.
    The game is abusive and i felt like i needed to waste minimum 50 dollars per expansion...just to play ONE class!

All i did on my hearthstone gametime was constantly desinchant old expansion cards and funel it all on one class (Rogue) and even then i needed to waste 50 dollars per expansion.

----

Now...Legends of Runeterra
    Look what i got just now for playing the game a bit:

I just got TWO champion cards (which is the equivalent to legendary cards in hearthstone.
    Not only that
    I got a WILDCARD of a champion...meaning i can get WHATEVER champion i want in the entire game.

Nah...
    Hearthstone = ABUSIVE
    Lor = Caring loving Wife

I dont get your point at all...
    I played Hearthstone for a Looooong time and wasted hundreds of dollars on it.
    The game is abusive and i felt like i needed to waste minimum 50 dollars per expansion...just to play ONE class!

All i did on my hearthstone gametime was constantly desinchant old expansion cards and funel it all on one class (Rogue) and even then i needed to waste 50 dollars per expansion.

----

Now...Legends of Runeterra
    Look what i got just now for playing the game a bit:

I just got TWO champion cards (which is the equivalent to legendary cards in hearthstone.
    Not only that
    I got a WILDCARD of a champion...meaning i can get WHATEVER champion i want in the entire game.

Nah...
    Hearthstone = ABUSIVE
    Lor = Caring loving Wife
    You realize your information is extremely outdated and not even true in the past though, right?

If you felt the need to dump that much money into Hearthstone, more than likely you picked some high budget deck just because "it's FotM!", when there's always been extremely strong budget decks.

https://www.hearthstonetopdecks.com/...arkmoon-races/
    (oh look it's rogue!)
    That's similar to a deck I'm using right now, pretty viable and relatively cheap to make. There's always been decks like this, or even cheaper, like zoo hunter/lock, murloc decks, etc. Anything rush that can win quickly has always been pretty cheap.

I mean, I played for 3 matches earlier, and got enough gold to buy 2 packs from finishing 2 dailies up.

And on top of that, next expansion they're giving away 235 core cards to everyone just for leveling classes-
    https://playhearthstone.com/en-us/ne...classic-format

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Will the Core Set cost money?
    No. The Core Set is free. Once you reach level 10 with a class, you’ll have all Core Set class cards for that class unlocked forever. A total level of 60 across all classes will unlock all Core Set neutral cards forever! When cards in the Core Set rotate for the first time, the applicable cards in your Collection will automatically swap out for new ones.
    on top of that, introducing Classic mode where you're limited to only the original cards, making it even easier to build a deck to play.

Why ask why people still play Hearthstone if you're just going to continuously insist your opinion is the correct one despite being shown otherwise? There's plenty of reason why people would enjoy Hearthstone more.

You realize your information is extremely outdated and not even true in the past though, right?

If you felt the need to dump that much money into Hearthstone, more than likely you picked some high budget deck just because "it's FotM!", when there's always been extremely strong budget decks.
    All i wanted on my Hearthstone experience was to be a MASTER of ONE class.
    Thats all i wanted.

Yes, i wanted more than to "have a budget strong deck"
    Sue me
    I wanted to theorycraft and build my own creations...because for me thats the fun of a card game.

I wanted to be a master rogue...and that costed 50 bucks per expansion or more.
    SOMETIMES i had the crazy idea of wanting to be a Warrior.......and that would cost me more money.
    Crazy, i know.

-----

In LoR i can be the master of everything for 10 bucks.
    I am the master of the entire game almost for free.

Try and guess....

10 euros
    I like LoR too, and it's great that there's a new expansion, but Hearthstone is giving us a new expansion, new core set and Classic mode. I don't know how anyone's gonna compete.

Quote Originally Posted by Greeney View Post
    I mean, maybe with Highlander decks or with standard changing if you're still keeping a full collection and not disenchanting wild cards, but a ton of strong wild decks are very cheap... Secret Mage, Discard Warlock, Mech Paladin, Even Shaman, odd DH (even though you mentioned it's not P2W already), and Jade Druid (did have a couple more legendary cards, but those were handed out for free).
    Maybie you're right (or were right back then, I did miss your reply due to quitting mmo-C and coming back after a while...that's what I generally do), and I wasn't an avid/master of HS anyway. I stopped playing HS.

Good continuation in HS, I did miss a proper alliance shaman alternate hero (devs made me stick to Thrall all the way since), and too much murlocs anyway so definetly not the game for me =)

Cheers.

Quote Originally Posted by Aleax View Post
    Maybie you're right (or were right back then, I did miss your reply due to quitting mmo-C and coming back after a while...that's what I generally do), and I wasn't an avid/master of HS anyway. I stopped playing HS.

Good continuation in HS, I did miss a proper alliance shaman alternate hero (devs made me stick to Thrall all the way since), and too much murlocs anyway so definetly not the game for me =)

Cheers.
    Murlock paladin (Tip the Scales) is good right now. Also, they printed out good shaman murloc cards for the next expansion. Murlocs never leave ahahaha

And yeah, I agree with the shaman hero. I use Morgl, but it would be nice to have an alliance one. Also with Rogue, perhaps Mathias Shaw.

Regarding the price. After paying around 150 Euros with Scholomance and Darkmoon Faire each, I decided it's not worth it, so i'll switch to wild

Quote Originally Posted by Ragnarohk View Post
    Murlock paladin (Tip the Scales) is good right now. Also, they printed out good shaman murloc cards for the next expansion. Murlocs never leave ahahaha

And yeah, I agree with the shaman hero. I use Morgl, but it would be nice to have an alliance one. Also with Rogue, perhaps Mathias Shaw.

Regarding the price. After paying around 150 Euros with Scholomance and Darkmoon Faire each, I decided it's not worth it, so i'll switch to wild
    Wild is more expensive lol, you need cards from EVERY expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by AryuFate View Post
    Wild is more expensive lol, you need cards from EVERY expansion.
    Is it? I can continue playing all the decks that are about to rotate out.

While I did disenchant many cards when they left standard, I kept a few and still have these decks.

Spell Hunter
    Quest Rogue (caverns)
    Shudderwock shaman
    Small spell mage
    Burgle rogue (Tess)
    Evolve shaman (Death knight)
    Mecathun druid

And I can continue playing these decks that will rotate next week:

No minion mage
    Quest druid
    Galakrond priest
    Enhancement shaman
    Plot twist warlock
    Big spell shaman
    Malygos druid
    Pirate warrior

15 decks I can keep playing vs starting almost from scratch right now that standard rotates.

If you just want to win and don't care about trying different fun decks in wild then just craft secret mage or big priest.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Really is no reason to pay for expansions when gold gets you most of the cards you need and disenchanting old sets usually covers the cost of cards you don't pull. Hell, I'm up to 10k gold right now thanks to the new reward structure. ~2x what I've ever had going in to a new expansion.
    I guess it depends. I only made 2k gold in Darkmoon, lets see how it goes. Honestly, i'm not impresed at all with the new expansion. Only celestial alignment druid interests me.

If you only made 2k gold you must not have played much, I skipped a couple weeks. You either pay to skip the grind or grind it out. Can’t have it both ways.
    I pay to skip the grind, or I used to.

Only play a couple of hours every other week and I ignore the quests. Mage/Druid/Shaman? Ehh, ill just binge play priest and call it a day. Sometimes the quest aligns with what I play, I treat it as a bonus.

Weird choice. I check quests and reset undesirable ones daily. Only make sure to quest when I have 3 dailies. Bam. 10K with around 1 hr a week.

I just think it's too expensive. Paid like 150€ in scholomance and din't complete the collection. It would be different in a real card game, but you don't actually own any card in HS.

I would be all in for buying a whole set for like 75€. I would gladly pay that 3 times per year

I paid $0 and got legend 5 in Scholo... you’re doing it wrong. It’s not pokemon, owning full sets makes zero sense.
    I don't care about ranks, you will find me most of the time playing casual. But I would love to try many more decks. Highlander decks were always in my wishlist, and I might still go for them now that i'll switch to wild. Control warrior and Big Priest are up there too.

The most recent deck i've been playing was a high control and greedy warlock. I named it concede warlock because it had a win rate of like 40%, it was really fun nonetheless.

I want the collection to try different stuff, don't care about the shiny numbers next to your name.

10+ Year Old Account
    People arguing they can do EVERYTHINGGGGGGGGG they want and make ALLLLLLLL the decks they want and spend zero money is a pointless argument. I can do EVERYTHING I want in Hearthstone and not even install the game.

5+ Year Old Account
    Does anyone know how do I get Khadgar hero or some Uldular desk if such one exists. Some people are rolling on C'thun. I had them but somehow they are gone and cannot equip them on my mage hero.

Edit: Never mind, they just added Khadgar yesterday and now I got it. Thank you very much guys! <3
    Last edited by Progenitor Aquarius; 2021-05-18 at 07:58 AM.