View Poll Results: Ok Criminal, What laws do you almost admittedly break everyday or all the time?

Voters
22. This poll is closed
  • Pirating Music or Movies or Other

13 59.09%
  • Speeding

12 54.55%
  • Jaywalking

11 50.00%
  • Littering.

3 13.64%
  • Petty Sealing, like say Office Supplies. (Pens, Post It's)

2 9.09%
Multiple Choice Poll.
    10+ Year Old Account

Ok Criminal, What laws do you almost admittedly break everyday or all the time?

The 5 Most Frequently Broken Laws

Did you know that the average American breaks the law about three times a day? However, that’s not to say that every American is out to mug you. So which laws are Americans breaking? Here are five of the most frequently broken laws.

1. Underage Drinking

According to SADD (Students Against Destructive Decisions), about 26% of the under-21 crowd uses alcohol at least once a month. That’s about 10 million people!

2. Littering

Littering is a crime throughout the entire United States, and the fines involved can be quite large. This doesn’t seem to stop huge numbers of people from doing it, though.

3. Smoking Marijuana

A shocking 52% of all US drug arrests in 2010 were related to marijuana. Although it is semi-legal in some states, at the federal level it’s still classified as a Schedule 1 narcotic and therefore illegal.

4. Jaywalking

Jaywalking is what you do when you cross the street at a place not specifically designated as a crossing point for pedestrians. Who hasn’t done that? Laws against jaywalking are in place for pedestrians’ safety, but they’re perhaps the most ignored laws out there (and for the record, yes, people do still get arrested for it).

5. Pirating music

This is illegal because it’s theft: you’re taking away from the artist the revenue he or she would have gotten from the purchase. Pirating is still rampant on the internet, despite anti pirating laws.

Ok Criminal, What laws do you admittedly break almost everyday or all the time?

I am probably going to say speeding I typically go between 1 to 5 miles over, I know I am such a badass, Only Pirated music back when Napster and what not was a thing, now I Itunes it, and if I see anyone littering and thank god I don't I will for sure snitch.
    [Infraction]
    Last edited by Rozz; 2020-07-29 at 12:30 PM. Reason: Forbidden Topics
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Amadeus View Post

The 5 Most Frequently Broken Laws

Did you know that the average American breaks the law about three times a day? However, that’s not to say that every American is out to mug you. So which laws are Americans breaking? Here are five of the most frequently broken laws.

1. Underage Drinking

According to SADD (Students Against Destructive Decisions), about 26% of the under-21 crowd uses alcohol at least once a month. That’s about 10 million people!

2. Littering

Littering is a crime throughout the entire United States, and the fines involved can be quite large. This doesn’t seem to stop huge numbers of people from doing it, though.

3. Smoking Marijuana

A shocking 52% of all US drug arrests in 2010 were related to marijuana. Although it is semi-legal in some states, at the federal level it’s still classified as a Schedule 1 narcotic and therefore illegal.

4. Jaywalking

Jaywalking is what you do when you cross the street at a place not specifically designated as a crossing point for pedestrians. Who hasn’t done that? Laws against jaywalking are in place for pedestrians’ safety, but they’re perhaps the most ignored laws out there (and for the record, yes, people do still get arrested for it).

5. Pirating music

This is illegal because it’s theft: you’re taking away from the artist the revenue he or she would have gotten from the purchase. Pirating is still rampant on the internet, despite anti pirating laws.

Ok Criminal, What laws do you admittedly break almost everyday or all the time?

I am probably going to say speeding I typically go between 1 to 5 miles over, I know I am such a badass, Only Pirated music back when Napster and what not was a thing, now I Itunes it, and if I see anyone littering and thank god I don't I will for sure snitch.
    Nice try FBI

What a wonderful bait thread we have here, please folks tell us all about the crimes you commit!
    "It doesn't matter if you believe me or not but common sense doesn't really work here. You're mad, I'm mad. We're all MAD here."

3+ Year Old Account
    uh none, becasue even if I did these things everyday they're not crimes, at best they're civil offenses.

Everyone speeds everyday.

10+ Year Old Account
    It wasn't just a couple months ago this topic was posted in Gen-OT and was closed for forbidden topics. Come on OP. Don't be silly, you know better than that.

But props to beginning the thread with crime statistics. Creating the thread under the guise of discussion about crime stats is an admirable way to circumvent website rules.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    Is jaywalking still a thing?
    In many places in the US, and less so in Europe, but it depends.

Can I see your badge, officer?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    What’s missing is the revenue for the copy of the game you stole so wouldn’t have to pay. If you don’t want to pay for a game don’t play it. Or get someone else to pay for it. You know what you don’t do? Steal a copy so you can play for free.
    Is that copy missing from somewhere ? If piracy is not and option and I would not pay for that game. Where is that money missing from ?

How did you americans get so brainwashed with this? Did you have scaremongering tv adds when you were little ? MUST NOT TOUCH THE HOLY REVENUE OF THE GREAT MEGACORP!
    [Infraction]
    Last edited by Rozz; 2020-07-29 at 12:38 PM. Reason: Forbidden Topics

5+ Year Old Account
    This thread is closed. We'd rather not have a thread that encourages self-incrimination when threads about illegal activity aren't appropriate.

Posts with admissions will be hidden for the sake of privacy.
    Moderator of the General Off-Topic, Politics, Lore, and RP Forums
    "If you have any concerns, let me know via PM. I'll do my best to assist you."