Page 18 of 50 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Tart View Post
    Its something that I've always had ticked but with bcoming inactive and never getting beta I've forgotten all about it.
    That's odd because you literally had to opt in for this one, previous beta preferences had no effect

Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    Then why did you opt in?
    Oh you have to opt in for beta acess? had no idea.

Probably something i clicked on years ago. Back before i found all the information sources and needed to get into the beta in order to see the things.

Quote Originally Posted by SkagenRora View Post
    Oh you have to opt in for beta acess? had no idea.

Probably something i clicked on years ago. Back before i found all the information sources and needed to get into the beta in order to see the things.
    Apparently they're not following their own rules then, because you had to opt in on the shadowlands website for this one, they removed the old general opt in.

Not surprising but kind of annoying.

I just got in to beta last night, dunno if another wave went out or something.

Apparently they're not following their own rules then, because you had to opt in on the shadowlands website for this one, they removed the old general opt in.

Yeah, clicked that thing so many times now, says you already opted in, but I still do it :P

Even not subbed anymore because in previous betas that seemed to get you a key(anecdotal experience, annoying one) and then I read all these people who did not opt in and got beta. Maybe that's the new beta these days! Don't be interested, and we toss an invite at you!

Be aware, this post is light-hearted.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tronkles View Post
    That's odd because you literally had to opt in for this one, previous beta preferences had no effect
    If that's the case it is very odd as I haven't even been into game management for a very long time . I think the last beta I joined was wod and I haven't change or updated any settings.

If i remember correctly when the shadowlands website first went live and I clicked to opt in it gave me the "Already opted in!" warning just like it does now if you try to opt in again, I assume even though the general opt in option is gone the accounts that have had it enabled before still do.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    I wonder when they'll start sending Beta keys. My guess is right after or during Gamescom, since this is probably moment when they start focusing more on marketing.

Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    I wonder when they'll start sending Beta keys. My guess is right after or during Gamescom, since this is probably moment when they start focusing more on marketing.
    Maybe there Will be no keys this time?
    Although the Blue post said "currently"

Inviato dal mio Pixel 2 XL utilizzando Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    If you mean the everyone gets in wave... I would expect September.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashildr View Post
    Maybe there Will be no keys this time?
    Although the Blue post said "currently"
    It's like saying there will be no tv/internet commercials or sponsored articles this time. Beta keys are part of expansion promotion, all these giveaways and WoW related traffic help to sell lot of boxes.

3+ Year Old Account
    New invites must've gone out, my Step Dad's cousin got one yesterday
    I don't play WoW anymore smh.

Quote Originally Posted by Bwonsamdi the Dead View Post
    New invites must've gone out, my Step Dad's cousin got one yesterday
    I think now its just an ongoing process lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Arkura View Post
    I think now its just an ongoing process lol.
    Wonder if we'll see a large influx with the new FFXIV patch going live tomorrow...

Quote Originally Posted by chiosu View Post
    Wonder if we'll see a large influx with the new FFXIV patch going live tomorrow...
    I doubt it. We'll likely see a normal invite wave, but I don't see them putting out more invites to pull people away from 14 for a beta.

I got the invite, but I don't recall opting in on the beta. I haven't played since WOD. Maybe I did, I do not remember doing it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by chiosu View Post
    Doubtful, and wishful thinking on your part. I've been tinkering with the beta the last couple of days, it's a lot less finished than people think. They don't need stress testing and big invite waves right now - it'll probably be a slow trickle for a while. The big invite waves will come a couple weeks before it launches - and they have a lot of work to do still. Several of the streamers have said that the focus is on leveling right now, they want people to try the level squish and leveling process.

If you want a beta invite to play the almost completed and polished expansion...you don't want a beta invite right now. Just sayin'. Inviting masses of players right now would drive a lot of players away from it, honestly.

Quote Originally Posted by Gadzooks View Post
    Doubtful, and wishful thinking on your part. I've been tinkering with the beta the last couple of days, it's a lot less finished than people think. They don't need stress testing and big invite waves right now - it'll probably be a slow trickle for a while. The big invite waves will come a couple weeks before it launches - and they have a lot of work to do still. Several of the streamers have said that the focus is on leveling right now, they want people to try the level squish and leveling process.

If you want a beta invite to play the almost completed and polished expansion...you don't want a beta invite right now. Just sayin'. Inviting masses of players right now would drive a lot of players away from it, honestly.
    I find it to be pretty "finished" it's just buggy as fuck lol. I went kyrian for my first character and their questline is bugged and just... stops... but it's all there in the game files.

I find it to be pretty "finished" it's just buggy as fuck lol. I went kyrian for my first character and their questline is bugged and just... stops... but it's all there in the game files.
    That's my point - it's buggy as hell. And, it's not all there in the game files, I suspect there's a lot of side content and such to come. They don't have a lot of things really working yet - and some things, like battle pet critters in the open world aren't there at all.

I get people want the beta. I'd give my access away, if I could, because I know I'm not buying this. But I think their expectations are too high for where the beta is right now. That's all.

I got in awhile back and found a bug on the critical path during the intro, a missing quest so I couldn't progress. Reported the bug, and haven't logged back in since. I'm sure they fixed it already, that was a pretty big problem.