Page 12 of 27 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Athulua View Post
    I wonder how the Raid chest will work.
    For example I'm 3/12 mythic NYA currently. I can easily join a pug and farm that 3
    Then i boost my boss kill count to 10 by farming some heroic (i have curve, that's a given if i'm doing any sort of mythic content)
    My end of week chest would be 1 choice from Mythic and 2 choices from Heroic
    this is how i understand this.

And i wonder whether this will be able to pick loot from bosses I haven't killed or not. Mythic is no joke and sometimes progressing on a boss takes weeks upon weeks. Accessing such loot would be kinda silly. It would invalidate the reward from killing, as chances are that by the time you kill it, you got it from the weekly chest. WOD Garrison missions made mythic kills feel unrewarding (in terms of loot).
    I'm making an assumption here but I'd imagine much like the current weekly event does. Do 4 mythics and get a random piece of heroic nya year. Guildy got the nzoth sword from that early on in the tier. It's most likely random from that ilvl/tier.

Quote Originally Posted by burek View Post
    But if you weren't it doesn't solve anything, it actually punishes you.
    How does it punish you, if you did 1 m+ still objectively have a better experience because you can choose 1 piece of loot or a resource, and every one still gets 1 piece of loot as long as they do 1. Its just a choice of loot which is the reward for playing the game.

Quote Originally Posted by kaminaris View Post
    Yes those people also would want to run raids and pvp just to maximize your options.
    That's not a problem.
    Do more, get more.

Quote Originally Posted by goldentforce View Post
    How does it punish you, if you did 1 m+ still objectively have a better experience because you can choose 1 piece of loot or a resource, and every one still gets 1 piece of loot as long as they do 1. Its just a choice of loot which is the reward for playing the game.
    As I said already, because you would be falling behind even further. Your one item is going to be worse than an item picked from multiple options.

Quote Originally Posted by Malikath View Post
    That's not a problem.
    Do more, get more.
    Of course it is a problem, problem is that people usually don't want to be "forced" to do content they don't like, especially in that quantity.

While you are not trully forced, you will gimp yourself if you don't do that. For sure anyone who aims a bit higher than casual content.

As I said already, because you would be falling behind even further. Your one item is going to be worse than an item picked from multiple options.
    you are falling behind people who are trying to get better loot. Effort is rewarded. If want the best items and power you would be doing one of these 3 things. I don't see an issue with the better players getting good loot for playing the game. If you want better loot play more.

Of course it is a problem, problem is that people usually don't want to be "forced" to do content they don't like, especially in that quantity.

While you are not trully forced, you will gimp yourself if you don't do that. For sure anyone who aims a bit higher than casual content.
    Not really sure about that. You will just have more options to choose from. I would not call that gimp if you do not have the 9 options available.

Quote Originally Posted by Specialka View Post
    Not really sure about that. You will just have more options to choose from. I would not call that gimp if you do not have the 9 options available.
    Which is hilarious in that, why would you need gear from a game-mode you don't do?

No sir, I don't like it.

Giving players more option for loot so they aren't playing weekly cache roulette as much should be a quality of life improvement to what we already have. Not an added treadmill.

Quote Originally Posted by goldentforce View Post
    you are falling behind people who are trying to get better loot. Effort is rewarded. If want the best items and power you would be doing one of these 3 things. I don't see an issue with the better players getting good loot for playing the game. If you want better loot play more.
    No, you are falling behind mythic raiders. You can try all you want but you won't be able to compete with just M+. And even if you do the insane 15 +15 keys every week you would still be far below an average mythic raider. Shadowlands is raid or die, it's not about 'playing more'.

Looks great, but as usual some people will always find a way to be unhappy about it.

Has anyone datamined the ilvls yet? That seems to be the big assumptions everyone's making.

If the weekly chests bumps gear like it does now, you'll be required to do 10 heroic bosses, 15 M+, and be good at PVP for the best possible chance at ilvl 475 mythic loot. While at the same time invalidating it by that 1 Mythic Raid boss you kill each week that will give 490 ilvl. The majority of players (who already have or won't bother with that 1 M+ item that is better than higher ilvl stuff) will only be completing as many Mythic raid bosses as they can with the mandatory being 1. I have never known a heroic raiding guild (where M+15 is actually ran) to be unable to down the first mythic raid boss.

I know right now, sockets + corruption effects (especially +12% secondary stacking) can make lower ilvls waaaaaay better than higher ones. But I don't believe this is going to be the case in SL. Historically, lower ilvls being better has only ever applied to trinkets and now sometimes rings.

Edit: I think they will normalize ilvls in weekly chests to act more as bad luck protection and an easier path to "BiS". If a Mythic raider kills 10 bosses, and get maybe 1 sidegrade, and 1 non-bis upgrade from the raid....fear not! You'll have 1 more piece guaranteed, with 3 choices! This would making finally getting that BiS so much easier. Same principle applied to Heroic raiding, but would require the weekly M+ chest to either be 5ilvls below to compensate for the generally better loot table, or be the same ilvl as Heroic. If it was +5 ilvls, it would invalidate the whole raiding row.

This also means that running 15 M+ to get a better chance at "BiS" would be no different than spending 100 hours a week running M+ to get fully geared quicker than the guy doing it for 1 hour.
    Last edited by Lefrog; 2020-07-30 at 08:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    It will most certainly happen.

People won't always a wear good or bad pieces, neither will they be offered good or bad pieces, hence you need to rely on sims to figure out what's better.
    What will be interesting from my point of view is that when I am offered a ~bis item which is not a huge upgrade and a item that isn't even close to being bis but which is a huge upgrade. Instant gain vs. gaining something that will last much longer.

10+ Year Old Account
    15 dungeons and 10 raid bosses compared to 250 conquest points is just lol.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

You’re not forced any more than you used to be.

You ‘gimped’ yourself if you didn’t get a high rank conquest chest each week. You ‘gimped’ yourself if you didn’t raid each week. You ‘gimped’ yourself if you didn’t run a high key each week.

Didn’t matter if you didn’t enjoy any those things. Participate in more of the game to get more stuff.

Key difference now is all of those things filter into the same reward pool, slowing down the gear curve (which was a stated goal from the start).

15 M+ is excessive for sure, especially in contrast to the time it takes to meet the other two thresholds (and that it only adds options, not loot), but the system is a solid upgrade to what we have.
    Last edited by Ariamis; 2020-07-30 at 08:37 PM.

It will most certainly happen.

People won't always a wear good or bad pieces, neither will they be offered good or bad pieces, hence you need to rely on sims to figure out what's better.
    Of course it will sometimes happen. But in those cases the difference between someone who chooses his gear at random and someone who sims his gear will be neglectable in practice (provided both have the same ilvl and trinkets are excluded from my statement). The time of haste breakpoints is over and few classes have actual stat caps. Stat weights are generally so similar that they only really matter in patchwerk style bossfights. So yes, you could sim your stats, but it won't be worth the effort.

Quote Originally Posted by Segus1992 View Post
    Max weekly reward from the PvP chest is at 1800+ rating currently. If you think that's top bracket, then yeah alright you probably need to raid.
    Max ilvl conquest rewards (outside of azerite slots) currently require 2400 rating, as in you are already pushing glad. If they don't fundamentally change something with pvp gear or how it is awarded, you are still going to need to pve to pvp.

Quote Originally Posted by LordVargK View Post
    but it won't be worth the effort.
    Considering it basically takes a only CTRL+C / CTRL+V to sim, i disagree.

I mean, picking the "wrong" item means you might have to wait awhile until another option for this slot shows up again.

Considering it basically takes a only CTRL+C / CTRL+V to sim, i disagree.

I mean, picking the "wrong" item means you might have to wait awhile until another option for this slot shows up again.
    Well I mean, if you want to sim your items go ahead. But I would not go as far as saying that it's a disadvantage of the new system that you have to sim more items. Because simming such minor upgrades is hardly necessary

No, you are falling behind mythic raiders. You can try all you want but you won't be able to compete with just M+. And even if you do the insane 15 +15 keys every week you would still be far below an average mythic raider. Shadowlands is raid or die, it's not about 'playing more'.
    I don't understand what falling behind mythic raiders means i guess. If you want the most and best loot, it has always been to mythic raid. It is the top end of progression in the game. The system does benefit mythic raiders because they have more choices in their chest, but why does that matter? They have earned that loot by their achievements. What does it matter if a m+ er isn't getting as much loot as a raid, while it is hard content and I believe you should be able to get the best loot from the high end of pvp/dungeons, raids require so much to be put in I thinks its fair they can benefit from the chest too. And what does mythic raiders having BiS faster (when they always have) matter, its pve content and its your choice how you progress. If you want to progress as fast for gear as them then do that content, if you enjoy dungeons you still will get the highest quality loot from your chest. Also majority of the top m+ also mythic raid, its a nonissue to them.