View Poll Results: Funnest Melee Spec So Far On Beta

Voters
85. You may not vote on this poll
  • Arms

    7 8.24%
  • Fury

    13 15.29%
  • Unholy

    11 12.94%
  • Frost

    2 2.35%
  • Feral

    6 7.06%
  • Assassination

    5 5.88%
  • Sub

    3 3.53%
  • Outlaw

    2 2.35%
  • Ret

    7 8.24%
  • Survival

    4 4.71%
  • Windwalker

    15 17.65%
  • Havoc

    10 11.76%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
1
2
3
LastLast
  1. #21
    Quote Originally Posted by Schmilblick View Post
    You must be joking if you think no class is fun but ret is ok.
    Well since i tried and played all specs since MoP I know what I am talking bout. Ret is the least painful to play melee but none of them really satisfies me.
    Enh is a close contender.
    Rogue is being on the bottom of the chain alongside with feral.

  2. #22
    Quote Originally Posted by Doffen View Post

    Since you have tried, how does Frost feel to play? Compared to now or Legion if you tried then? I guess most specs feel a bit slower on beta seeing they don't have all the things from covenant and low on secondaries, but besides that?
    Didn't play it much. It was fun because of 2-hands high dmg obliterates, but plenty of people are saying it doesn't change anything because 1-hands will still be best for Frost(it's because breath ability and 1-handers scales better for mastery).

  3. #23
    Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post
    Didn't play it much. It was fun because of 2-hands high dmg obliterates, but plenty of people are saying it doesn't change anything because 1-hands will still be best for Frost(it's because breath ability and 1-handers scales better for mastery).
    Okay, thanks for answering
    - Enough prattling. Let them come. We shall grind their bones to dust.

  4. #24
    The Lightbringer vian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Random
    Posts
    3,245
    If Single Minded Fury stays, it has my vote.
    I really miss the Vanilla/TBC Fury days with 1 handed weapons and attack speed stacking.
    Quote Originally Posted by bizzy View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

  5. #25
    No Enhance on the list, im really looking forward to Enhance.

  6. #26
    Stood in the Fire
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    386
    Enhancement by far. If its a melee unfriendly expansion again ill def go affliction lock, but so far Enhancement base mechanics looks great. Lets hope the number tweaking goes in our favor for once at the start of an expansion.

  7. #27
    Quote Originally Posted by Delano View Post
    Enhance not being on there is pretty wacky tbh, given that it (and Shaman as a class in general) are the most improved in Shadowlands
    Most improved? Enhance is a mess (and resto is largely unchanged?)...

  8. #28
    I've mainly been focused on testing content rather than classes on the beta right now, and I've done so as Arms, which feels to be a pretty damn enjoyable spec as-is. Cleave feels amazing & the synergy with OP leads to some really nice meaty chunky AoE damage.

    So for now, my vote is Arms.

  9. #29
    It's funny you forgot Enhancement Shaman. Don't feel bad the Devs forgot too.

    For future Enhance players coming from someone that started as an Enhance main 14 years ago. The spec has always been super fun but also super garbage. Level up other melee that won't be as much a leper as Enhancement cause there serious problems with the spec. You won't listen to me so discover this for yourself.

    Enhance looks really fun but Beta testers are calling it a dead spec because it's survivability is so good awful that no one will play it even though testers say it's really fun (life long story of this awful spec my long time main/alt).

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by kaminaris View Post
    Well since i tried and played all specs since MoP I know what I am talking bout. Ret is the least painful to play melee but none of them really satisfies me.
    Enh is a close contender.
    Rogue is being on the bottom of the chain alongside with feral.

    Beta testers agree that Enhance is a lot of fun. But, good luck playing Enhance in any sort of real content as the specs survivability is absolute garbage. Sad, really sad.

    Beta videos rate Enhance very high on fun and very very very very very very very low on playability.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Buddahpal View Post
    No Enhance on the list, im really looking forward to Enhance.

    Hopefully, for your sake you are an LFR, WQ hero because while Enhance might be fun it's defensive are so frickin bad that you will be an outcast at any sort of progressive content.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Grimbolt View Post
    Enhancement by far. If its a melee unfriendly expansion again ill def go affliction lock, but so far Enhancement base mechanics looks great. Lets hope the number tweaking goes in our favor for once at the start of an expansion.


    Number tweaking won't help Enhance. How do I know? I've been playing Enhance for 14 years at the highest level possible (for Enhance).

    Enhance, is the very first spec nerfed, every time. Check it out yourself. In Arena Enhance is nerfed into the ground asap while absurd specs like Assassin Rogues, Fire Mages and Destroy Locks run rampant.

    PSA: DONT PLAY ENHANCE! Enhance will never be allowed to compete, ever. Anyone remember when an Enhance won Blizzcon? It was nerfed into the ground the next day after. Enhance will never be allowed to succeed. You've been warned (for the record Enhance has been one of my favorite specs over the last 14 years but it is a very very hard life to live).

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post
    Assa is like ten times more complicated than Havoc lol.

    EDIT: okay, I see it's about SL, my fault!



    OT:
    From the specs I've tried(Fury, Frost, Unholy, Assassination, Outlaw, Havoc) I'd go with Unholy.


    Assassination Rogue is a simpleton spec that's why it's always rated so poorly because a baby raccoon could play Assass.
    Last edited by Sunslayer; 2020-08-02 at 02:08 AM.

  10. #30
    Quote Originally Posted by Delano View Post
    Enhance not being on there is pretty wacky tbh, given that it (and Shaman as a class in general) are the most improved in Shadowlands
    The ele ressource rework does NOT work AY ALL mechanically speaking. Just look at the sham feedback thread

  11. #31
    Quote Originally Posted by Ezyah View Post
    The ele ressource rework does NOT work AY ALL mechanically speaking. Just look at the sham feedback thread

    Agreed. It's par for the course that Enhance is rated as "so much fun". It's going to suck a lot of new players into Enhance that don't already know that it's doomed to fail by design. Trust me, I've lived through Enhancement hell for 14 years struggling to make to spec work. It always ends the same, I log out and play a melee that might not be as fun but is just a thousand times better. Enhance suffers from it's horrendous survivability which cripples the spec.
    Enhancement has been one of the least played specs for over a decade while also being one of the most fun? Why is that? The answer is simple, garbage spec design. Your defensive are absolute trash and your heals are garbage.
    Last edited by Sunslayer; 2020-08-02 at 02:29 AM.

  12. #32
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunslayer View Post
    Assassination Rogue is a simpleton spec that's why it's always rated so poorly because a baby raccoon could play Assass.
    In SL? Yeah.

  13. #33
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunslayer View Post
    Hopefully, for your sake you are an LFR, WQ hero because while Enhance might be fun it's defensive are so frickin bad that you will be an outcast at any sort of progressive content.
    /10chars

    Enhancement isnt even a spec, just parody on Elemental shaman.

    1) Elemental shaman (real spec ,but as shaman he will never be near fire mage .. he.. he)

    2) Enhancement shaman (totemic warrior) who has what for mastery? "Enhanced Elements" increases all Fire, Frost, and Nature damage you deal by 16.0%. .... lol what i was thinking its no Elemental shaman....i mean, they even not wasted a time to make his Mastery unique for Enhancement something,something enhance.

    https://www.wowhead.com/spell=77223/...anced-elements

    at 5 stacks of Maelstrom Weapon your casts are instant ... ( where is some buffs for damage?, like each stack of ads +10% power to spell but also increase manacost on +10%)
    Last edited by cocomen2; 2020-08-02 at 11:05 AM.
    I want these classes in new x-pac Necromancer,RuneMaster,Warden,BladeMaster,DarkRanger,Dragonsworn,Alchemist,Lich,Tinker

  14. #34
    Quote Originally Posted by Laubman View Post
    Oh no! A different opinion!
    Oh no someone whose obviously never played the most simplistic spec in a decade with one of the lowest apm. /Gasp
    "I'm Tru @ w/e I do" ~ TM

  15. #35
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunslayer View Post
    Agreed. It's par for the course that Enhance is rated as "so much fun". It's going to suck a lot of new players into Enhance that don't already know that it's doomed to fail by design. Trust me, I've lived through Enhancement hell for 14 years struggling to make to spec work. It always ends the same, I log out and play a melee that might not be as fun but is just a thousand times better. Enhance suffers from it's horrendous survivability which cripples the spec.
    Enhancement has been one of the least played specs for over a decade while also being one of the most fun? Why is that? The answer is simple, garbage spec design. Your defensive are absolute trash and your heals are garbage.
    Back in the days Enhance had some great support. Totem support, instant free procs that you could use for healing instead of damage if necessary. Instead of one lightning bolt you could place a healing rain and give some extra healing to the whole raid, for example. Stuff like that allowed you to play with one less healer. You sacrificed a bit of your own dps and that just made the run smoother in general. Very similar to a ret paladin.

    Sadly the playerbase only looks at dps meters and values specs on that one number. That's the whole reason for the Legion redesign. People didn't like being the supporter, so Blizzard turned it into a fury warrior with a different skin.

  16. #36
    Ret, enhance and maybe warrior seems fun.

    Speaking of Warrior, even though fury is fun I enjoyed the less spammy playstyle from WoD instead.
    I can play fury for some time but after a while it just hurts my hand to play.

  17. #37
    Unholy feels really good, even with its cooldown GCD issues.

  18. #38
    I am digging every Blood DK Spec, they all feel solid. Definitely my choice of main so far.

  19. #39
    Epic!
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Midwest Drudgeland
    Posts
    1,611
    Enhancement.

  20. #40
    I don't know what about WW makes the spec feel so damn good. But man WW is so fluid and feels so good to play.

    I wish they had better animations and glyphs to use weapons. Anyway hopefully their tuning is better in SL and I'll play my WW again. <3

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •