Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Iem View Post
    Be ready for a late november early december-release.
    Together with Assassin's Creed: Valhalla and Cyberpunk 2077? I doubt it.

Quote Originally Posted by Animron View Post
    What's going on?
    https://wow.gamepedia.com/Expansion

nothing, we are returning to the good old days of 2-3 months being the announce date.
    Last edited by FelPlague; 2020-08-02 at 10:47 AM.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Animron View Post
    What's going on?
    You and/or many others pre-ordered it already, so they are in no rush to make it playable.

Quote Originally Posted by Clozer View Post
    They have released expansions early/mid december before. There is nothing that speaks against it. "BUT THEY NEED WEEKS TO FIX THEIR BROKEN GAME?!?!?!" No they don't. Also christmas sales will be huge.
    1 expansion, and they said they will never do that again, as it forced staff to work through the holiday to fix bugs and exploits.
    also christmas sales will be huge if it sells in august, or in december, or november, or october, or september, it does not matter.

Quote Originally Posted by Iem View Post
    There is also this pandemic in the world that most likely will affect even Blizzard, its not unlikely at all if they said "sometime before the end of this year".

Even more likely with a January-release when you think about it.
    "Even Blizzard"? Blizzard is an American company, and America is literally the dumbest country in the world, at least with how it's handling covid-19. Blizzard is most definitely heavily affected.

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    They have to deliver it this year ... that horse has bolted
    No, they don't. They can deliver it whenever they want to. They promised WC3 Reforged for 2019 and then had to push back into 2020. They can push Shadowlands back however they want to, and they will. That is why they are holding off on the release date.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by apelsinjuice View Post
    so just release it like 15th december and open raids early january problem solved
    Releasing new content requires preparation, we had January releases pretty often last few years, but always after 15th January. So we're talking about minimum 5 weeks gap between launch and raid.

And that's IF they release it 15th December which is impossible as well. Remember that days or even weeks after launch are filled with hotfixes: to react to bugs and tune numbers using big data from mythic dungeons.

Quote Originally Posted by Heartbreaker23 View Post
    No, they don't. They can deliver it whenever they want to. They promised WC3 Reforged for 2019 and then had to push back into 2020. They can push Shadowlands back however they want to, and they will. That is why they are holding off on the release date.
    Reforged sucked in the end.

it's better not to push it.

the more they push it back, the more it sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerovar View Post
    They had no prior build-up and instead tried to leech off of already established things people are familiar with. The Scourge? Maldraxxus did that. The Lich King? The Jailer did that. Frostmourne? The Runecarver made that. Sargeras corruption by demons and everything resulting from that? Also the Jailer's plan.

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post

nothing, we are returning to the good old days of 2-3 months being the announce date.
    I'm guessing it will be announced at Gamescom and will release on October 21st

Quote Originally Posted by Arch-Angel of Riots View Post
    Such as?

Having played the beta, to me it seems like it's pretty much almost a finished product. Only the place-holder cinematics must be replaced.

Other than that, I'd say right now the game is in it's class and raid balance tuning phase, which is the last phase of beta.
    yes its almost done, all systems are already in place

Quote Originally Posted by apelsinjuice View Post
    yes its almost done, all systems are already in place
    no, not all systems, almost all systems yes, but not all systems.

BFA data is incorrect. BFA release date was announced on April 5th

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/ne...ives-august-14

BfA was announced 131 days in advance. If they wanted to announce SL with the same early notice, this would take us to at least December 11th.

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    Well - 'they' have said Autumn all along, and Autumn starts in September....
    You mean fall right?

Fall does not start in september in the US.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Heartbreaker23 View Post
    They will release it this year. Everything points to it. You are just a troll

Quote Originally Posted by ClassicPeon View Post
    You mean fall right?

Fall does not start in september in the US.

- - - Updated - - -

They will release it this year. Everything points to it. You are just a troll
    Fall starts in September everywhere on the north hemisphere. You are not special.

Search Results
    Date result
    Autumn 2020 in Northern Hemisphere will begin on
    Tuesday
    , September 22
    and ends on
    Monday
    , December 21

Alliance

I guess there is no date so people may enjoy their 6 month sub mount till 2021 with no pressure.

Quote Originally Posted by ReVnX View Post
    Fall starts in September everywhere on the north hemisphere. You are not special.

Search Results
    Date result
    Autumn 2020 in Northern Hemisphere will begin on
    Tuesday
    , September 22
    and ends on
    Monday
    , December 21
    I'm not from the us dude. I'm from Denmark.

Fall starts in september in the US. You are talking about the meterological seasons that are universal. But thats not what they usually go by in the US.

no, not all systems, almost all systems yes, but not all systems.
    whats missing then?

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Which is 25 days from now...so yeah...no way we get a September release. Maybe earliest 27th October. Week after is Blizzcon...wonder how WoW fits into that.
    When I assumed (of course none of this things are 100% certain)

1) Expac will release Q4 2020
    2) Anything between 15.12-15.01 and Thanksgiving week are out of picture for release anything (pre-patch, launch, season 1, mythic race).
    3) Season 1 (Normal/Heroic CN, Mythic+, PVP season) start 3 weeks after launch
    4) Mythic race starts 4 weeks after launch
    5) Beta will be at least as long as BfA/Legion ones
    6) Expac launch Monday/Tuesday midnight (EU) to start as far as possible from weekend crowd

then only date that survived all this conditions is November 10th. If we loose some of them, I could see 3rd November (it's during Day of the Dead btw) or 17th November as well. Late October dates seems too optimistic.

Oh, and there is no Blizzcon this year. They talked about some stream event on January, but it's not certain.

Usually I just want expansions as fast as possible.
    Right now I cant even log in to the game; its so booring when you have experienced everything and seen everything.

But this time around I just feel like SL is such a unfinnished product.

The story feels thin (exciting though), the zones sounds shallow and too focused on the covenant-hubs, The maw/thorgast feels like mini-games, my priest is useless another expansion and in general I get this "hub-world" feeling.

I am sure Blizzard will deliver a good product, but right now I get this "Im gonna stand in my Garrison for 2 years, wont I?" feeling.
    WoD was booring, BfA passed the finnish-line as OK by a strand of hair; but I cant see myself play another expansion wich turns out to be "OK" again.

The best thing about BfA was that it cured my WoW "addiction", as it felt like there was no point in playing more then a few hours 2-3 days.

I do however look forward to a more transparent theme and not some wannabe GoT-political story.

1 expansion, and they said they will never do that again, as it forced staff to work through the holiday to fix bugs and exploits.
    also christmas sales will be huge if it sells in august, or in december, or november, or october, or september, it does not matter.
    Quite sure they have NEVER said that. Feel free to prove me wrong. I think they said this about raids opening tho. Spend time with your family and don't feel obligated to do raids.

Again there are people working at blizzard throughout the holidays, so that argument is kinda nonsense. Imagine the servers are crashing on Christmas and Blizzard is like - "nope - sorry, we have holidays". xD

Fixing bugs? LOL. There are still bugs from classic in the game - they can easily fix those couple weeks later(.. and there are still people working at blizzard to fix game-breaking bugs - regardless of holidays).

Quite sure you can find data that shows that Christmas sales for a video game released in August is far worse compared to a product released in early December.