Page 1 of 3
LastLast

BFA rep buff gone?

Hey is the BFA rep buff gone? Was gonna grind paragon rewards but I dont see the buff anymore. Did they just remove it? Why now, prepatch isnt even out yet.

Does anyone know if they remove it for good?

Yes, it was always meant to be September only.

Quote Originally Posted by Loeve View Post
    Did they just remove it? Why now
    https://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/...-buff-returns/

Your goals are in reach with the return of the Impressive Influence buff through the month of September.
    So the lesson to learn from this is: If you postpone things until the last minute, you might not make it in time.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Loeve View Post
    Hey is the BFA rep buff gone? Was gonna grind paragon rewards but I dont see the buff anymore. Did they just remove it? Why now, prepatch isnt even out yet.

Does anyone know if they remove it for good?
    was just for September. it's gone now. Blizzard killed it, sent it to the Shadowlands and it's being used to power Denathrius's electric toothbrush

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Throwme View Post
    https://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/...-buff-returns/

So the lesson to learn from this is: If you postpone things until the last minute, you might not make it in time.
    except you would not make it in time anyway even if you started as soon as they let us know that the rewards are removed in pre patch. those who somehow played before had a chance, but not all, it's rather random. impressive game design...

Quote Originally Posted by Cæli View Post
    except you would not make it in time anyway even if you started as soon as they let us know that the rewards are removed in pre patch. those who somehow played before had a chance, but not all, it's rather random. impressive game design...
    which rewards get removed?

Quote Originally Posted by LordVargK View Post
    which rewards get removed?
    R4 essences, nothing else.

Quote Originally Posted by Bloodyleech View Post
    R4 essences, nothing else.
    okay, but that has little to do with the impressing influence buff, does it?

Noooooooo, i was going to reach exalted with the mechagnomes today. Now i'll have to do that dumb zone tomorrow as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LordVargK View Post
    okay, but that has little to do with the impressing influence buff, does it?
    many rank 4 essences are locked behind paragon rep chests, with a low drop rate + timegating. so without this buff, many collectors will fail to complete their heart of azeroth "interface" forever, having a feeling of incompleteness forever on their character. with the buff too by the way, since it's rng. impressive game design²

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    many rank 4 essences are locked behind paragon rep chests, with a low drop rate + timegating. so without this buff, many collectors will fail to complete their heart of azeroth "interface" forever, having a feeling of incompleteness forever on their character. with the buff too by the way, since it's rng. impressive game design²
    there are 9 in total; 3 from 8.3 reps and the other 6 from 8.2 reps. the 8.2 reps have had 2 100% buffs, as well as the multiple 50% buffs from the weekly world quest event. also, if i remember correctly they also buffed the chance that you will get a rank 4 essence the more chests you open.

so is it 'impressive game design' or those collectors are a bit late to the train? like, doing nothing during a whole year and complaining at the very last moment?

Quote Originally Posted by qobalt View Post
    so is it 'impressive game design' or those collectors are a bit late to the train? like, doing nothing during a whole year and complaining at the very last moment?
    WoW-Community in a nutshell.

- Bitch about not getting buffs
    - Recieve buffs
    - Start playing when buffs end
    - Bitch about buffs being removed

okay, but if you just play the game while the impressive influence buff is active you are not a player Blizzard should cater to.

That said, rank 4 essences did not have to go, I agree.

Herald of the Titans Dristereau's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Kinda sad it's gone. Have been farming emissaries, island expeditions and assaults to finish Reps (mainly Uldum/Rajani on Alts) and get those juicy paragon caches as well as some last minute Rank 4 Essences (Breath on DK, Purification Protocol on Warrior). Noticed it midway through doing the assaults last night on my Alliance for the double emissary and honestly it just sapped all my motivation to do the five or so remaining. This morning haven't felt motivated to keep doing it.

The Rep Buff was insane for old Reps you had Exalted already and decent for Uldum/Rajani which feel slow as hell by comparrison. Was hoping it would stay until at least prepatch or even Shadowlands release. Been playing Breath of the Wild last two days, so may just do what I did yesterday when I saw the rep buff gone and keep playing that
    Dristereau - Axxolentus - Infernus - Sequentia - Nulo - Desterrar

Silvermoon
    - Shadowsong/Aszune - Tarren-Mill/Dentarg (SL Mage Tower: 29/36
    )

Quote Originally Posted by Dristereau View Post
    Kinda sad it's gone. Have been farming emissaries, island expeditions and assaults to finish Reps (mainly Uldum/Rajani on Alts) and get those juicy paragon caches as well as some last minute Rank 4 Essences (Breath on DK, Purification Protocol on Warrior). Noticed it midway through doing the assaults last night on my Alliance for the double emissary and honestly it just sapped all my motivation to do the five or so remaining. This morning haven't felt motivated to keep doing it.

The Rep Buff was insane for old Reps you had Exalted already and decent for Uldum/Rajani which feel slow as hell by comparrison. Was hoping it would stay until at least prepatch or even Shadowlands release. Been playing Breath of the Wild last two days, so may just do what I did yesterday when I saw the rep buff gone and keep playing that
    Yup, when the buff was active it felt meaningful to do the rep grind, now it just seems pointless cus it takes so long time

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by qobalt View Post
    personally I have earned many rank 4 before their announcement (including the 2.4 rating essence), and so far all except 4 essences locked behind time gating or rng (paragon/lvl 30 bodyguards) so I'll probably be missing it until the 6/13/whatever the prepatch date is.

totally understandable to complain about such low level of game design. play our time gated rng content or you will miss out (fomo) + warning after being able to complete it even if you started earlier. which means they expect the collectors to play even more and try to collect everything in the fear that it might be removed at a later point. there has also been cases where they give a reward for something that is already removed.

I honestly think that all rep gains should be doubled once they're no longer "current". The Uldum/Vale grinds were just plain obnoxious.

I'd like level a horde character and unlock all the allied races, but I'm not going to bother without a huge buff to rep gains.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackmist View Post
    I honestly think that all rep gains should be doubled once they're no longer "current". The Uldum/Vale grinds were just plain obnoxious.

I'd like level a horde character and unlock all the allied races, but I'm not going to bother without a huge buff to rep gains.
    Good news! In Shadowlands (maybe in prepatch I’m not sure) rep requirements for all Allied Races are being removed. All you gotta do is the questline.

Edit: honestly though if you had a max level character at the start of September and done the quests plus the emissaries you’d have them all at exalted by now

Quote Originally Posted by Dristereau View Post
    The Rep Buff was insane for old Reps you had Exalted already
    Tell me about it, still trying to get that last paragon mount from Legion though.....why do the Dreamweavers covet their horned horses so much?