Page 10 of 22 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    The only people hoping it gets delayed are the people just waiting to say "I told you so" and hate on Blizzard.
    Well, to be fair, a few in this thread have said if it comes down to rushing out an unfinished product in late November / early December, Vs waiting until January, they would prefer January. I am one of those people.

Personally, i would be stoked if they did a longer than usual pre-patch late this year, and held back on release until things were "ready". I dont mind if things are a bit imperfect during pre-patch - we are only trying out classes and doing outdated content etc, so im not expecting perfection in pre-patch.

Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    We discussed many times that every day after 17th November makes 0 sense as release date, unless they want to break schedule that has worked pretty well since WoD.

They released W3: Reforged past that date and all they did was apology email, so it's not any legal thing. But nothing on Beta show us there are some problems with finishing expac in time. Also they already confirmed 2020 date twice.
    Covid was always inevitably going to lead to this expansion taking longer, not really about "breaking a schedule that works" or not.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by oplawlz View Post
    I thought the actual gamescom was cancelled? There's no reason to wait till someone elses digital event to announce your game, that seems silly.

OT: I have no idea when the game is going to release, but judging by the fundamental things that could still use work I personally hope they delay it to January. Take the time to really make all the classes fun to play without rental powers.
    Even a digital gamescom gets coverage, which is what Bliz is looking for.

Quote Originally Posted by hulkgor View Post
    Didn't J Allen Brack say on an interview it would release on November? And not sure if this was before or after the covid-19 pandemic, so, it might even be later than that?
    No, there was a clickbait article about that but november was never said.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hinastorm View Post
    Covid was always inevitably going to lead to this expansion taking longer, not really about "breaking a schedule that works" or not.
    They've already compensated for work from home at this point, they're still saying this year pretty clearly.

Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    Based on what? What gives you the impression that in a time of mass delays within the market, including much, much bigger games, what gives you the impression Blizzard will release their product early?
    They've done it multiple times with multiple expansions, with a very similar vibe to now. Lot is unfinished for it being in beta, and they seem committed to releasing it this year.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Animron View Post
    What's going on?
    It will release on or before 12/31. That's what is going on.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

What's going on?
    Be fucking patient... It's coming... What's the hurry?

Quote Originally Posted by Usernameforforums View Post
    Good luck on your lawsuit if it doesnt release within 2020!
    Good luck on getting anything from said lawsuit before the next expansion after SL releases. But hey, that $5 voucher on WoW Services will probably be useful.

Quote Originally Posted by trapmaster View Post
    Be fucking patient... It's coming... What's the hurry?
    BfA sucks, that's the hurry lol.

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    The only people hoping it gets delayed are the people just waiting to say "I told you so" and hate on Blizzard.
    Blizzard sets a release date and fails to meet it. Everybody loses their fucking mind and says Blizzard sucks because they can't manage their time.

Blizzard sets a release date and meets it but the game is more buggy than we'd like: Everybody loses their fucking mind and says Blizzard sucks because they can't fix their bugs in time.

Blizzard doesn't set a release date: Everybody loses their fucking mind and says Blizzard sucks because they can't provide a release date.

Bottom line: No matter what Blizzard does, everybody will lose their mind over it and there is only one universally held truth: Blizzard sucks.

What's going on?
    You should make one of these threads every day until we have a release date.

Considering that the release date for each of the last 2 expansions has been announced 3.5 months to 4 months ahead of time, it's increasingly obvious that they are targeting a release either in mid-November before Thanksgiving or the first week of December before Christmas vacation (with raids/PvP/M+ starting in January).

Quote Originally Posted by Tiberria View Post
    Considering that the release date for each of the last 2 expansions has been announced 3.5 months to 4 months ahead of time, it's increasingly obvious that they are targeting a release either in mid-November before Thanksgiving or the first week of December before Christmas vacation (with raids/PvP/M+ starting in January).
    Nov 17 is like the last viable date that won't end up in season one being delayed. They don't want to make us despise torghast (their new baby) by making it the only thing to do for 5+ weeks.

Stood in the Fire october breeze's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    Blizzard sets a release date and fails to meet it. Everybody loses their fucking mind and says Blizzard sucks because they can't manage their time.

Blizzard sets a release date and meets it but the game is more buggy than we'd like: Everybody loses their fucking mind and says Blizzard sucks because they can't fix their bugs in time.

Blizzard doesn't set a release date: Everybody loses their fucking mind and says Blizzard sucks because they can't provide a release date.

Bottom line: No matter what Blizzard does, everybody will lose their mind over it and there is only one universally held truth: Blizzard sucks.
    How about 'setting a date and delivering a good game by that date' option? you know, like many other past expansions. Will it fit into your 'whiteknighitingblizz' agenda?

Quote Originally Posted by oplawlz View Post
    I thought the actual gamescom was cancelled? There's no reason to wait till someone elses digital event to announce your game, that seems silly.

OT: I have no idea when the game is going to release, but judging by the fundamental things that could still use work I personally hope they delay it to January. Take the time to really make all the classes fun to play without rental powers.
    All sorts of things were announced at the virtual SDCC. And there is no way they delay until January.

Quote Originally Posted by october breeze View Post
    How about 'setting a date and delivering a good game by that date' option? you know, like many other past expansions. Will it fit into your 'whiteknighitingblizz' agenda?
    Except it is still months out with a larger digital event coming at the end of the month? Does it actually make any difference if a date in november is announced now instead of end of August? No. It means absolutely nothing.

But, based on your "whiteknightingblizz" bullshit, you cannot see over your rabid dislike of Blizzard and will shit over anything.

Oh well.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    Most, if not all, of their developers already had that setup at home to begin with before the pandemic hit.
    Not true at all, many of the staff did not have the required pc's or required programs as home, and needed them.
    doesent take long, but it still takes time.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    when you say all indicators point to B does that include deliberately manipulating a blue post to make an outrage thread here? asking for a friend
    Stop following me from topic to topic. That's unhealthy. I already apologized for trusting MMO-Champion instead of going to the source material directly.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pohut View Post
    If the developer says A, but all indicators point to B, I'll go with B every time.
    No indicators point to B
    Developers say A
    All indicators point to A
    random poster on forum says B
    guess we go with B every time.
    Even though no wow expac ever has been officially delayed ever.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    No indicators point to B
    Developers say A
    All indicators point to A
    random poster on forum says B
    guess we go with B every time.
    I highly doubt they will delay the expac. I can see them releasing it early and patching in more content... but i can't see them doing it late it would make the investors panic.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    The Burning Crusade was officially delayed.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."