Page 1 of 22
... LastLast

Second of August and still not SL release date?

What's going on?

It's still more than three months til release, chill.

whats going on? ill tell ya, Blizzards no where near ready to give an official release date yet. there is still alot to test on the beta and alot of us are hopping blizzard would push it back to 2021.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Imo they would tell us launch date already, but they're waiting for Gamescom later this month for reveal.

Quote Originally Posted by XDurionX View Post
    It's still more than three months til release, chill.
    They said corona didn’t throw them off too much because of being able to work from home easily but I just don’t see how anything requiring a group effort over the course of the last 6 months wouldn’t be behind schedule.
    Even if corona lead to a loss of like 3-4 hours a week in work compared to them working together on campus, over 6 month, that’s already over a hundred hours lost. I really think they should push it to Jan 2021, make it a good polished product, blame corona for the setback and call it a day. Musicians have pushed concerts back a full year; waiting till January for a game we were told would be released “sometime before end of the year” isn’t that bad at all.

It could be easy for them to change it but they've already put "*World of Warcraft®: Shadowlands expansion available on or before December 31, 2020" on their purchase page, basically making some sort of agreement that it'll be on or before that date. But I know they could change it, and maybe give the players who pre-purchased it before they changed some sort of beta access if they do change it before the December 31st date.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Iem View Post
    Be ready for a late november early december-release.
    We discussed many times that every day after 17th November makes 0 sense as release date, unless they want to break schedule that has worked pretty well since WoD.

Quote Originally Posted by Valeria View Post
    It could be easy for them to change it but they've already put "*World of Warcraft®: Shadowlands expansion available on or before December 31, 2020" on their purchase page, basically making some sort of agreement that it'll be on or before that date. But I know they could change it, and maybe give the players who pre-purchased it before they changed some sort of beta access if they do change it before the December 31st date.
    They released W3: Reforged past that date and all they did was apology email, so it's not any legal thing. But nothing on Beta show us there are some problems with finishing expac in time. Also they already confirmed 2020 date twice.
    Last edited by Dracullus; 2020-08-02 at 08:53 AM.

Most likely an October or November release. An optimistic release would be late September, but rationally it's mid October to late November. I highly doubt it'll release in December, but it wouldn't surprise me either.

they will announce at gamescom this month

Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    We discussed many times that every day after 17th November makes 0 sense as release date, unless they want to break schedule that has worked pretty well since WoD.
    They have released expansions early/mid december before. There is nothing that speaks against it. "BUT THEY NEED WEEKS TO FIX THEIR BROKEN GAME?!?!?!" No they don't. Also christmas sales will be huge.

Be ready for a late november early december-release.
    Yeah - we've known that for yonks give the Blizzard information available.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Clozer View Post
    They have released expansions early/mid december before. There is nothing that speaks against it. "BUT THEY NEED WEEKS TO FIX THEIR BROKEN GAME?!?!?!" No they don't. Also christmas sales will be huge.
    One expansion - Cataclysm on 7th December. They released expansions and raids together back then. Now we have 3 weeks when we can explore game and prepare to raids without rushing stuff and it's awesome change.

Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    One expansion - Cataclysm on 7th December. They released expansions and raids together back then. Now we have 3 weeks when we can explore game and prepare to raids without rushing stuff and it's awesome change.
    so just release it like 15th december and open raids early january problem solved

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Animron View Post
    What's going on?
    they are probably waiting for Gamescom, which is end of August, to announce a release date.

The original release info was "not later than December 2020" and that's what we should stick to for the time being. They also repeated recently that SL will come out "this fall". So yeah. If you believed the dreamers and their tall tales about September release or things along those lines, you only have yourself to blame. It's most probably gonna be November/December.
    Last edited by Azerate; 2020-08-02 at 09:12 AM.
    Armory Link
    Mount Collection

Everything wrong with gamers in one sentence:
    Quote Originally Posted by Cavox View Post
    I want Activision-Blizzard to burn, but for crimes against gaming, not because they got me too'd.

Quote Originally Posted by PenguinChan View Post
    Most likely an October or November release. An optimistic release would be late September, but rationally it's mid October to late November. I highly doubt it'll release in December, but it wouldn't surprise me either.
    They have said Q4 many times so i'm not sure where you are getting september from.

Its most likely somewhere in november

- - - Updated - - -

There is also this pandemic in the world that most likely will affect even Blizzard, its not unlikely at all if they said "sometime before the end of this year".

Even more likely with a January-release when you think about it.
    No thats unlikely given the "we are releasing it this year in q4" statement. So if you actually think about it, thats not likely at all

I wouldn't expect it this year.

Quote Originally Posted by ClassicPeon View Post
    They have said Q4 many times so i'm not sure where you are getting September from.
    Well - 'they' have said Autumn all along, and Autumn starts in September....

You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.

They said it will be released in Autumn: so latest day for it is on the 21nd December. So it will probably be at the end of october; November is too tight packed with games that they will try to avoid it. Because wow releasing together with Cyberpunk 2077: this might end in an disaster. And december is probably too late.

Quote Originally Posted by Heartbreaker23 View Post
    I wouldn't expect it this year.
    They have to deliver it this year ... that horse has bolted