10+ Year Old Account

What something better to you only because it's tied to a memory?

Consider an event or thing.

I am probably going to say Star Trek:TOS I love Star Trek, and even though TOS is the first one I saw that got me into it, looking back It's almost my least favorite except for the memory that it's tied to which was the time and place where I first started watching it.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd say mostly soundtracks/music, certain ones take me back to a simpler time of childhood or teenage years and give a unique feeling of easiness/nostalgia. Also some tv shows/films, but music is the main influence for me.

5+ Year Old Account
    Paddleboats! I have fond memories of feeding ducks when I was 7-9.
    Moderator of the General Off-Topic, Politics, Lore, and RP Forums
    "If you have any concerns, let me know via PM. I'll do my best to assist you."

Summer weather. I don't remember ever being so adversely affected by the heat and humidity.

10+ Year Old Account
    The day i saw this book at the bookstore i knew it had to be mine...

Even today i don't know what happened. But if you in the Tolkien lore, you ceartainly know that Tuor is the tiny guy with the sword up. That is the nickname i use here, and at least 2 other foruns, it was aswell the first name i tried in WoW, but it had already been taken, all of that to the fascinating memory of the day i found this book.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Amadeus View Post

I am probably going to say Star Trek:TOS I love Star Trek, and even though TOS is the first one I saw that got me into it, looking back It's almost my least favorite except for the memory that it's tied to which was the time and place where I first started watching it.
    What? No, watch it with a friend, make a drinking game and it becomes pure comedy gold, especially the two-part episode "The Menagerie". I will always laugh my head off talking about the obvious problems in these episodes. It's really funny to watch.

For me, it's cinemas, I have fond memories of going to the cinema especially when we were younger, but now, I just want to tape everyone's mouth shut.
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

What does any of that even mean? I've tried reading this three times and I still don't understand what your question is. I also don't understand what you tried to say with your example of your Star Trek memory. Nothing you wrote made sense and I'm baffled by how other posters in this thread know how to respond to you.

Something about fond memories of the past or what?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by StayTuned View Post
    What does any of that even mean? I've tried reading this three times and I still don't understand what your question is. I also don't understand what you tried to say with your example of your Star Trek memory. Nothing you wrote made sense and I'm baffled by how other posters in this thread know how to respond to you.

Something about fond memories of the past or what?
    What something you enjoy, maybe more than it's worth even to you ordinary except for the fact it's tied to a memory.

I'll give an example. Let say you like X Ice Cream, but in reality the Ice Creams not that good and you really don't like it that much either except maybe you grew up on it, maybe your favorite grandfather buying it as a treat for you as you go fishing. Therefore the X Ice Cream is even better than it actually is as I stated, because of the experience you had.

What something you enjoy, maybe more than it's worth even to you ordinary except for the fact it's tied to a memory.

I'll give an example. Let say you like X Ice Cream, but in reality the Ice Creams not that good and you really don't like it that much either except maybe you grew up on it, maybe your favorite grandfather buying it as a treat for you as you go fishing. Therefore the X Ice Cream is even better than it actually is as I stated, because of the experience you had.
    That's such an oddly specific question... But let me entertain it.

I guess I'd say Cola Crackers. These little monsters will break your teeth and the sour taste will leave your mouth scarred. But as kids we bough a bag every day from the 1 DM allowance we had. These things are basically nothing but rock hard sweet sour candy. I tried one not so long ago again after many many years and it obviously tasted like shit.

What were we thinking as kid I wonder

10+ Year Old Account

I guess I'd say Cola Crackers. These little monsters will break your teeth and the sour taste will leave your mouth scarred. But as kids we bough a bag every day from the 1 DM allowance we had. These things are basically nothing but rock hard sweet sour candy. I tried one not so long ago again after many many years and it obviously tasted like shit.

The question is meant to be open ended, because while I cited an example there are plenty of others I haven't specifically had that could be somewhat similar, doesn't have to be a brand of ice cream. It could even be a band, or song, possibly an event.

Haha but by your response you nailed it.

15+ Year Old Account

Kids have different palates.
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Several things. One is a golfing trophy I got from winning a amateur golfing tournament in 1991. Won by one stroke. I can clearly remember the last hole I played that day like it was yesterday.

Another is a old picture of my uncle in his army tank crewman combat uniform from WW2. He was a tank driver in Gen. Patton's third armor group. He was like a father to me.
    " If destruction be our lot, we must ourselves be its author and finisher.." - Abraham Lincoln
    The Constitution be never construed to authorize Congress to - prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms..” - Samuel Adams