Thread: DW Brewmaster?

15+ Year Old Account

DW Brewmaster?

Sorry if this has been discussed before but looking through the monk forums I don't see any recent activity about this topic. With the release of 9.0 brewmaster can now DW or use a 2h weapon and not lose anything just like WW can now use a staff and not lose out on anything either. My question is, is it viable for a BM to DW instead of using a 2h?

Not the best source but the wowhead DW SL guide says "Additionally, Brewmaster Monks can dual-wield again, and Windwalkers can use 2-handed weapons again. This doesn’t have a major impact on the way the class handles, but it does give you access to two weapon enchants, and it makes swapping between Brewmaster and Windwalker easier than it has been for the past two expansions. You can use mostly the same gear for both specs."

I cant see any reason it would be a significant difference between one or the other.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommys View Post
    Not the best source but the wowhead DW SL guide says "Additionally, Brewmaster Monks can dual-wield again, and Windwalkers can use 2-handed weapons again. This doesn’t have a major impact on the way the class handles, but it does give you access to two weapon enchants, and it makes swapping between Brewmaster and Windwalker easier than it has been for the past two expansions. You can use mostly the same gear for both specs."

I cant see any reason it would be a significant difference between one or the other.
    See that's what I was thinking too. 2 enchants means you could use force multiplier on one and then naga hide on the other or even siphoning or masterful navigation on the other if naga hide and force multiplier share a ICD. Anyone happen to know if force multiplier and naga hide share an ICD?