Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post
    i rly dont understand how you could have prefered legion demo vs bfa
    No, I meant that I prefer pre-Legion Demo over anything that came after 7.0. Demonology was a pretty unique spec and I loved Metamorphosis. It was probably at its best during MoP in my opinion.

To be fair, it's {insert favorite expansion here} that was best. In fact, {insert favorite expansion here} is what Blizzard should bring back because it was the best time for the game. I understand this is my opinion but I need validation from random strangers on the internet because I simply cannot live in a world where {insert favorite expansion here} isn't constantly acknowledged as the peak of the shared player experience.

I'd take WotLK warrior over this one, yes.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Considering WotLK was the last time I actually looked forward to logging in as a part of my day? That would be nice.
    O Flora, of the moon, of the dream. O Little ones, O fleeting will of the ancients. Let the hunter be safe. Let them find comfort. And let this dream, their captor, Foretell a pleasant awakening

15+ Year Old Account
    The peak for most of my classes was MoP, so I'd rather go back to 5.3 or whatever.

Or, hell, I'd be cool with Legion. I liked Artifacts as a concept and it's a tremendous shame the Order Halls are going to waste. I wish they'd give every class an Order Hall port and put some new content in them or something. Would be cool to have a Runesmith-type system for crafting our own Artifacts.

Quote Originally Posted by kaminaris View Post
    At least they are somewhat complex instead of one button macros everywhere.
    That is true, but I don't remember classes in wrath still being 1 button like many were in bc/claasic

High Overlord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Certainly not. Look up guides for some classes and speccs of this patch (there should be some up to date, since there are some wotlk private servers). Classes are for the most part non interactive boring and piss easy classes. Even tanks had nearly 0 reactive game play. You just pressed your rotation and hoped the healer healed you. For example the dk rotation consists of only 6 elements for every specc. There is nothing to think about, just press your cast sequence macro.
    Covenants will be a bigger disaster than Azerite Armor. Covenants quadruples the amounts of speccs in the game. 144 specs in the game - a nightmare to balance, if you still want distinctive MeAnInGfUl choices. Only LARPers and LFR heroes support this boring system, that will have no lasting positive impact on casuals, for whom the system is designed, but only negatives for the real players.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not interested, there was one "ok" spec for my class back then and one cancer spec. The OK spec was braindead, literally 2 spells and the cancer spec was cancer.

10+ Year Old Account
    No, the only reason I was able to dps with Ret in WotLK with 1-6 FPS was because of just how damn empty the rotation was (yeah, my computer during WotLK was a potato, it did not get along well with 25man raids).
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

As someone who enjoys the simplicity I would very much play my fury warrior from ICC. Then again, it's not much more complicated now
    Armory Link
    Mount Collection

Everything wrong with gamers in one sentence:
    Quote Originally Posted by Cavox View Post
    I want Activision-Blizzard to burn, but for crimes against gaming, not because they got me too'd.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes and no.

I do not want to go back to 3.3.5 classes, I want them to go back to 3.3.5 classes and then iterate on them. Undo all the "class fantasy" bullshit, undo all the pruning and stupid design changes that happened with the cataclysm revamps like removing magic cleanse from non-healers (Spriests, Ret/Prot Paladins), etc. Get the classes back to what they are supposed to be by using 3.3.5 as a template from which to begin.
    Last edited by Schattenlied; 2020-08-05 at 10:54 PM.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

Quote Originally Posted by Wuusah View Post
    Ah yes, the meat shield tank with a 1 (macro) button rotation.
    Hell yeah. Swipe is a hell of a lot cooler than Ironfur.

Probably, yes. It could use a little polishing but in general I quite liked the 3.3.5a class design. The structures were better, too.
    If you are particularly bold, you could use a Shiny Ditto. Do keep in mind though, this will infuriate your opponents due to Ditto's beauty. Please do not use Shiny Ditto. You have been warned.

Quote Originally Posted by arucado3 View Post
    go back to 3.3.5a classes? I feel like they were incredibly fun to play. Im not saying i want to replay wotlk content tho, just wish the classes in current retail were kinda like they were back then, most of them now feel pretty dull and boring.
    3.3.5 monks were awful.

5+ Year Old Account
    3.3.5 had its issues, sure, but it's a much better framework than the uber mega pruned shells of Legion+. If anything they should iterate over 3.3.5, and give some pause to their external power fetish.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

15+ Year Old Account
    Borrowed power = essences, corruptions, ICC catch up/Concordance/Reorgination Array-esque raid stuff, Bwamswamdi M+ buff, stuff that disappears the moment the xpac ends

Not borrowed power = Gear stats, class talents, class abilities that scale, glyphs (when they existed), tier set bonuses but only if you know they will be there every raid tier and expansion

I'm not sure what is hard to understand about that to be honest. Maybe it's just denial?

Anyway, roll DKs, Ele and Demo back to their Wrath states lol. I don't think anyone would mind those. Pallies are getting their Holy Power back, so they're already closer.
    Last edited by msdos; 2020-08-06 at 03:03 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    It depends on the spec. 3.3.5a Retribution? Absolutely. I liked the focus on melee AoE and cleaving. 3.3.5a Arms? Mmmmm I'd honestly prefer 5.4 Arms, which SL seems to be taking notes from.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

Herald of the Titans RaoBurning's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'd like my Warlock's aoe drain life back, and hell keep Meta but give me that sick ass meteor drop spell again. It was raw fun jumping off Dal.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    This is America. We always have warm dead bodies.
    if we had confidence that the President clearly did not commit a crime, we would have said that.

3.3.5 is such an odd choice. I know many people point to Pandaria as the epitome of class design for many/most specs. Some point to WoD or Legion for specific specs. But the end of WoLK? I don't think I've ever heard someone say they want their class to be like that.

I wouldn't mind going back to MoP classes and having real talent trees (WOTLK era, I reckon) again. But the latter would never work with the kind of community WoW has again and Blizzard's ineffective balancing.