Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Makes me want Kul Tiran paladins...

Last edited by Gloriandus; 2020-08-05 at 03:34 PM.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'd play the game again if characters actually looked half that good.
    O Flora, of the moon, of the dream. O Little ones, O fleeting will of the ancients. Let the hunter be safe. Let them find comfort. And let this dream, their captor, Foretell a pleasant awakening

Quote Originally Posted by kasuke06 View Post
    I still play from time to time, but damn. That's amazing.

I have a feeling more options will be opening up for other races down the road. Forsaken should also get Paladin as it makes no sense at this point with there being undead Paladin in lore like Sir Zeleik, you could simply call them the Order of Zeleik the first true undead Paladin who's mind was never corrupted.

Don't even think thats a Kul Tiran just a normal human in big ass warcraft style armor

Quote Originally Posted by kasuke06 View Post
    His head is tiny.

I'm of the mind that "Whom the Light calls, it calls...", so I feel that any race should be able to roll a paladin. They could inject some "racial flavor" as well; for example, Undead Paladins might gain a passive by which they occasionally gain a temporary Mastery boost due to the pain from being "injured" by wielding the Light, etc.

Then again, this really should apply to the majority of race/class combos. "There's no possible way that a single member of your race would ever study and use magic that they traditionally never used. NO WAY, EVER!"

Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    There were actually some paladin units in Daelin Proudmoore's army during his invasion of Durotar. These paladins were crusaders who were present in the Theramore Isle map. As well, some of Daelin's high-ranking commanders were paladins.

To this day, I have no idea why Kul Tiran paladins are not playable. Then again, not even Kul Tiran mages were playable in the beginning, despite THEIR OWN LEADER being a mage. It took several people pointing this out on the forums for Blizzard to get the memo.

Blizzard made all around very weird choices for Kul Tiran classes.
    That's because things like this are decided by a board of CEOs reading reports from hired experts on gambling behavior to design a game that is as addictive as possible. Lore be damned. It's about generating the maximum amount of race changes.

No thanks, I like having different race cultures have different classes available to them. It makes them more unique, at least to me.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

Gotta say... it looks good. The huge Libram is really cool too.

I'd make one.

If the freaking tauren can be paladins, than so could everyone else.

They should find a way to reboot the game. WoW needs some fresh.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    I have a feeling more options will be opening up for other races down the road. Forsaken should also get Paladin as it makes no sense at this point with there being undead Paladin in lore like Sir Zeleik, you could simply call them the Order of Zeleik the first true undead Paladin who's mind was never corrupted.
    Eh...special cases =/= Playable Class/Race Combo should happen

Sir Zeleik was a very special case. His Devotion to the Light was so strong, when he was raised in Undeath he retained his mind. The Lich King (Ner'Zul) must've thought it was HILARIOUS and made him one of the original Four Horsemen. Building a Forsaken Paladin order around him makes zero sense since he has no connection to the Forsaken. The Knights of the Ebon Blade are basically Plate-Wearing Necromancers (WOOT!) but they are also made up of all the playable races at the same time.

I do think something should be done to further differentiate the two factions since Lorewise, there are non-Human Forsaken out there just like there are Human Undead who broke from the Forsaken and joined with the Argent Crusade.
    ...Ok, time to change the ol' Sig ^_^

This time I'll leave you the Links to 3 of my Wordpress Blogs: 1. Serene Adventure 2. Video Games 3. Anime Please subscribe if you like what you see. As a Bonus, I'll throw in my You Tube channel =D

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    The art it is based on is from 2017 https://www.artstation.com/artwork/OrzYb ...and titled indeed "HUMAN Paladin" (The artist that OP linked even gives credit to this piece of work)

So..OP and other ppl making this about KT Paladin's and Blizzard's choices is off...it just is not what the artwork at the base of the work is supposed to show.
    It was to show what a Kul Tiran paladin would look like, nothing more. I'll change the title to clarify that.

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gloriandus View Post
    not gonna lie, that gear has more pixels and quality than any other gear from BfA. I think the head is a bit disproportionate to the rest of the body, even as a Kul Tiran, but I would play the heck out of the game if it looked as polished as that!

Quote Originally Posted by Aurabolt View Post
    Eh...special cases =/= Playable Class/Race Combo should happen

Sir Zeleik was a very special case. His Devotion to the Light was so strong, when he was raised in Undeath he retained his mind. The Lich King (Ner'Zul) must've thought it was HILARIOUS and made him one of the original Four Horsemen. Building a Forsaken Paladin order around him makes zero sense since he has no connection to the Forsaken. The Knights of the Ebon Blade are basically Plate-Wearing Necromancers (WOOT!) but they are also made up of all the playable races at the same time.

I do think something should be done to further differentiate the two factions since Lorewise, there are non-Human Forsaken out there just like there are Human Undead who broke from the Forsaken and joined with the Argent Crusade.
    It makes sense as it would give them an example of someone who was so devoted that their connection to the light transcended death, if that is not a good reason nothing is.

Or they could introduce them as a small break off portion of the Scarlet Crusade that rejoined the Horde. Not too hard to come up with and all lore is new now going forward and has been for a long while so ret-cons HAVE to happen or the game dies.

Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    To this day, I have no idea why Kul Tiran paladins are not playable.
    Because they retconned them to be heathens.

He looks great but I don't think he's a Kul Tiran. To me, he's just how humans should look like

Outside of the haircut, which regular humans are getting in SL too, there's nothing Kul'Tiran about that model.

The head is weirdly small, for either warcraft human race.
    The symbols on the armor, hammer and their colors are those of Stormwind.
    So what exactly is Kul'Tiran here?

Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    At this point I’d say they just need to ditch the idea of class/race restrictions entirely. Given some of the races that have been shoehorned in and the “lore” behind their available class options I’d say we’re well past of point of locking classes to certain races.